Jul 24, 2007

Has anyone had luck exchanging Grande Vista rooms for Surf club or Hawaii?

Joseph R.
Aug 01, 2007

josephr90 wrote:
Has anyone had luck exchanging Grande Vista rooms for Surf club or Hawaii?
Yes, for the last 4 years (including this year) I have exchanged my 2 bdrm at Grande Vista for the Marriot Surf Club (1 yr at the Ocean Club). I was also offered Hawaii, but I turned it down. I usually put in for Aruba in Jan, Feb and by the summer I have my exchange.

Connie R.
Dec 28, 2007

I just bought a 2 br platinum week here. We bought it thinking that we would only use it for exchange. But I was disappointed when I looked at what is currently available at Interval. Is it advisable to grab what is available or is it better to put in a request for a place you really want to go? How often are your requests granted? And if there is a good chance they aren't - at what point do you cancel it and look for something else? New to this whole thing.

Kathy M.
Dec 29, 2007

kathym344 wrote:
I just bought a 2 br platinum week here. We bought it thinking that we would only use it for exchange. But I was disappointed when I looked at what is currently available at Interval. Is it advisable to grab what is available or is it better to put in a request for a place you really want to go? How often are your requests granted? And if there is a good chance they aren't - at what point do you cancel it and look for something else? New to this whole thing.

If you haven't deposited your week with Interval please check out to see what's available for exchange here on RedWeek.com. You don't have to use Interval. http://www.redweek.com/exchange/.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Sep 26, 2008

kathym344 wrote:

I also have platinum weeks at MGV and I have never NOT gotten a requested exchange thru Interval, twice in the past 3 years to Hawaii. However, it MAY take a while. Each time I've "relinquish first" my reservation. That will give you up to 3 years for the exchange. Each time I've requested only the 4 Marriott resorts, in the summer (a popular time, but we have kids in school). If I did not get an exchange for the upcoming summer, I simply changed the dates to the following summer, and that's when I got the exchange. (Once to Maui and once to Oahu). You have to be patient and flexible.

My hardest exchange was to Aruba during February vacation week. I was never able to obtain an exchange for that week, but when I changed the dates to include summer, I got one.

I have yet to try RedWeek for exchanging, but I may try that next time.

Lorraine H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.