Timeshare Companies

Global Vacation system

Dec 18, 2008

As far as I can tell they are a scam. I paid them an up front free after they provided written verification that they had pre-rented 15 weeks of of my time share to be paid to me by september 08. Unable to contact anyone. Bill

William A.
Dec 19, 2008

i just got another phone call from this company James Stevenson Worldwide Consolidators LTD 15150 Preston Rd Dallas, TX 75248 Tel: 1-888-961-5558 Fax: 214-853-4629 they are basically asking for the same thing Global was asking for. We originally bought through royal holiday. Has anyone heard of this company or has experience with them.

Ann S.
Jan 08, 2009

I AM FROM MEXICO, AND I AM RECEIVING CALLS FROM SR. SAMUEL MENDEZ FROM GLOBAL V.S., THEY WANT MY CERTIFICATE FOR 12 WEEKS IN CANCUN, THEY OFFER ME 789 DOLLARS FOR EACH WEEK, SO I DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE A TRUST COMPANY AND IF THEY GIVE THE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT IN ABOUT 45 TO 60 DAYS. IF SOMEONE FROM MEXICO KNOW ABOUT IT, PLEASE TELL ME EUXCARET30@HOTMAIL.COM SORRY ASBOUT MY ENGLISH IT IS NO GOOD. SALUDOS

Eustasia E.
Jan 08, 2009

eustasiae wrote:
I AM FROM MEXICO, AND I AM RECEIVING CALLS FROM SR. SAMUEL MENDEZ FROM GLOBAL V.S., THEY WANT MY CERTIFICATE FOR 12 WEEKS IN CANCUN, THEY OFFER ME 789 DOLLARS FOR EACH WEEK, SO I DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE A TRUST COMPANY AND IF THEY GIVE THE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT IN ABOUT 45 TO 60 DAYS. IF SOMEONE FROM MEXICO KNOW ABOUT IT, PLEASE TELL ME EUXCARET30@HOTMAIL.COM SORRY ASBOUT MY ENGLISH IT IS NO GOOD. SALUDOS
If they ask for any money from you. Just say NO.

Mike N.
Jan 08, 2009

All I know is that i know call my vacation holiday club. I know that they can garuntee me a certain dollar for rental without worry. Every company that has contacted me has always required money up front with a promise of money is X number of weeks. My husband and I decided I may talk with other companies but unless you deduct any fee monies or any out of pocket expenses from monies promised we will not give any company a single cent. If they are trust worthy and not a scam they should have sufficient funds to pay me in front verse a promise of money from a person who I have never meant. let the forum know how things go please Ann Sanamo

Ann S.
Jan 16, 2009

Has anyone ever gotten their money from GVS Micheal Dean??

Janice L.
Jan 17, 2009

anns213 wrote:
All I know is that i know call my vacation holiday club. I know that they can garuntee me a certain dollar for rental without worry. Every company that has contacted me has always required money up front with a promise of money is X number of weeks. My husband and I decided I may talk with other companies but unless you deduct any fee monies or any out of pocket expenses from monies promised we will not give any company a single cent. If they are trust worthy and not a scam they should have sufficient funds to pay me in front verse a promise of money from a person who I have never meant. let the forum know how things go please Ann Sanamo

Bottom line, if any company asks for an upfront fee, the run as fast as you can .... they're all scams.

R P.
Feb 10, 2009

We foolishly sent money to Worldwide Consolidators Ltd to cover management fees for the weeks we wanted to sell. We were eventually contacted by Paul Castle (James Stevenson was mentioned) to say their member of staff with whom we were dealing had absconded with our money, but that they would honor the contract. I believe these were delay tactics to win our confidence and ensure that 45 days elapsed so that I could not dispute the payment through PayPal. Now they do not answer my phone calls or respond to my emails. I believe this is also a scam. Is Global Vacation System the same company?

Richard T.
Feb 10, 2009

I would say they are the same company using different business names. I believe that at one point when we talked with both companies one of the signs we saw was the the use of Micheal Deans name for both. When you are able to look at both web sights they are basically the same using the same pictures and designs. Again my holiday resort has warned me that they do not operate in this manner. I have yet to hear any good abouth this companies. They only way to get the word out is if you read this and you ahve been affected let this site know. It can be emarrassing knowing that you have been scammed but don't let it happen to anyone else.

Ann

Ann S.
Mar 01, 2009

We just returned from PVR, Mexico. Apparentley Global System Vacations is a fraud & some of the people behind this scam worked for Timeshare companies and took client file information, but since they have been fired. In our case too late. The person who gave out our name & information to Global was our personal rep. in 2008 when we were in Mexico. Michael Dean is a fictious name so we are told, 2 guys each using one of thier names to create a name. Do not give these people any money, they do not work for anyone but themselves.

Den T.
Mar 01, 2009

We have purchased vacation weeks with them, so far so good. Getting ready to take our second one using their resorts. We feel it's good deal, but we do not own time share.

Carol M.
Mar 30, 2009

Hello, I can not believe that this company and all the people named on this forum can get away with fraudulently taking so much of our money. We are English and live in France now and have tried the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General & FBI to help us and still not been able to get any where with getting our money back, there must be a way, someone must be able to help us, please?

Richard T.
Mar 30, 2009

anns213 wrote:
i just got another phone call from this company James Stevenson Worldwide Consolidators LTD 15150 Preston Rd Dallas, TX 75248 Tel: 1-888-961-5558 Fax: 214-853-4629 they are basically asking for the same thing Global was asking for. We originally bought through royal holiday. Has anyone heard of this company or has experience with them.

I have been contacted by James Stevenson from Worldwide Consolidators LTD with an offer to buy my timeshare. I wanted to follow up since the original posting to see if anyone has dealt with them and if they had any feedback. Thanks!

Dane C.
Mar 31, 2009

dane1 wrote:
anns213 wrote:

I have been contacted by James Stevenson from Worldwide Consolidators LTD with an offer to buy my timeshare. I wanted to follow up since the original posting to see if anyone has dealt with them and if they had any feedback. Thanks!

Did they offer to BUY your timeshare or say they have an OFFER for your timeshare? Did they claim they have a buyer for your TS?

Some companies will offer to take your TS off your hands after you pay them a few thousand dollars. They do not actually buy the TS, but instead have you sign a Power of Attorney so in the event they can try to sell the TS for $1 on eBay. If the TS does not sell, you still own it and are responsible for all MFs and assessments. If the TS is eventually sold, then the deed will eventually be transferred, but proceed with extreme caution.

Other companies will claim they have a buyer ready and waiting for your TS, but they need a few thousand dollars from you to "get started". They will immediately charge your credit card and may send you a contract, but the contract is not a sales contract, but a contract to advertise (why would they have to advertise if they have a buyer waiting). After you pay, the buyer and your money miraculously disappear.

This is outright fraud.

Mike N.
Mar 31, 2009

They have acutally provided an offer to purchase letter. I made a request for references last night, and they just emailed me 4 reference's contact information. I will send emails out to all of the people this morning asking for a reference in dealing with James Stevenson @ Worldwide Consolidators LTD.

Dane C.
Mar 31, 2009

dane1 wrote:
They have acutally provided an offer to purchase letter. I made a request for references last night, and they just emailed me 4 reference's contact information. I will send emails out to all of the people this morning asking for a reference in dealing with James Stevenson @ Worldwide Consolidators LTD.
Just don't give them any money for them to initiate the purchase. The buyers usually pay for closing costs. If you are required to give them money use a reputable closing company that YOU choose.

Mike N.
Apr 01, 2009

We got that letter too. I also own a business and I can tell there is no business out there that when you request letters of refernce would ever ever ever give you a person who would write anything negative. We tried very hard to make this sale work out. We worked for 6 months with them. With every contract re=write the offer was always in their favor. We could never get them to take any and all fees out of the sale of our points. The orginal contract was for about $47000.00 to us for the forwarding off about $9000.00 from a visa or MC on the first half of the sale and then after 3 weeks a repeat of the same. this was going to be $94000.00 in our pocket and $18000.00 in theirs. The contracts all read that we waived our right to question the charges after X number of days. I forwarded the contract waiver to our credit card company and was called by them almost immediately with warnings that this is common in faud cases. My lawyer informed me that if i proceeded with this sale i could always fight them. WHO IS THEM AND WHERE COULD WE FIND THEM? This is how our lawyer addressed this matter. I questioned them on information for wiring money to their account and rather than using a credit card. I listened for minutes to the excuse as to why their corparate office did not use this practice. I figured if I could get banking information then i would have a little more power if we decided to try to go through with the sale.To make a long story even longer they still continue to contact us about selling our points. My answer is now and will always be. Yep lets go ahead and make the deal today. The callers voice perks up and then he runs some more through his pitch and then I hit them with once you send me the money then I will sign all the contracts. If they give my any tongue I tell them I have contacted royal holiday and they are frauds. Ann

Ann S.

Last edited by anns213 on Apr 01, 2009 01:32 PM

Apr 02, 2009

Thanks for that information. I will definitely have both eyes open as I step forward this. I will walk the minute they ask me for money! Thanks again!

Dane C.
Apr 02, 2009

Let me know how things are progressing

Ann

Ann S.
Apr 03, 2009

I will do!

Dane C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.