Travel Tips & Advice

trading power

Sep 18, 2007

hi i have week 7 (feb.11too feb18th) at the grande villas @world golf village in ST. Augustine fla. it is a 1br sleeps 4 full kitchen, can any one tell me if it has any trading power , i am new too this and am just wondering if i should deposit or just use it. thanks.

Richard K.
Sep 18, 2007

richardk180 wrote:
hi i have week 7 (feb.11too feb18th) at the grande villas @world golf village in ST. Augustine fla. it is a 1br sleeps 4 full kitchen, can any one tell me if it has any trading power , i am new too this and am just wondering if i should deposit or just use it. thanks.

Hi Richard,

Submit a valuation of your week here on RedWeek.com to see what points you are offered then go from there. Submitting a valuation is free, http://www.redweek.com/exchange/

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 09, 2007

richardk180 wrote:
====================================

A few observations in response to this post:

1. This is a "Friday to Friday" resort, so I believe that your dates are incorrect by about 4 days on either end. In 2008, I believe that Week 7 would be 15 February -- 22 February, which is not the same dates as indicated in the post.

2. It can be outright COLD in northern Florida at that time of year, so don't have any big "beach lounging" expectations if you decide to "use" that week.

3. Deposit for exchange has become a real crap shoot with RCI (and this resort is, in fact, RCI affiliated). If deposted with RCI, with no knowledge about what you'll get (if anything) for that week in return, you'd be taking a real gamble. Consider the RedWeek exchange option first, where you can at least SEE in advance what your week is worth and you can also SEE before depositing your week what might be available and of interest you as an exchange.

KC

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.