Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Dec 13, 2017

Sitting home today sick with the flu, bored and decided to revisit this site. So hard to think back about what happened to all of us who trusted these people. By now its very clear that justice will not be served in these matters, and it leaves us feeling violated and angry, albeit not so much anymore. Time truly does heal things somewhat. I hope and pray that you all are able to move on and away from this unfortunate incident. Somehow Ive always felt a special connection together, like somehow we survived a tragedy together, and a bond had formed because we were all struggling with the same emotions, emotions that were powerful! May God bless each of you as you move forward with your lives, and put this event out of your minds.

ben smith
Mar 03, 2018

Anyone still interested in this scam can check out todays post on The Gatehouse website. It states that the case is still moving ahead slowly,but there trials are still upcoming. Look on The Gatehouse website under California news!

Phyllis G.
Mar 03, 2018

I went to gatehouse Media, clicked on California, but lots of daily papers from different cities came up so I didn't know which one to scan. Give more info please. Thanks

phyllisg96 wrote:
Anyone still interested in this scam can check out todays post on The Gatehouse website. It states that the case is still moving ahead slowly,but there trials are still upcoming. Look on The Gatehouse website under California news!

Carolyn T.
Mar 03, 2018

Go to The Gatehouse website look at March 3 highlights, look under the California news, the post is there, keep looking!

Phyllis G.
Mar 04, 2018

Where to do I see March 3 highlights. I just get a huge picture and no place to search for March or anything. When I click California I just get all the newspapers in all the cities. Why not copy the article and send it via Redweek reply.

phyllisg96 wrote:
Go to The Gatehouse website look at March 3 highlights, look under the California news, the post is there, keep looking!

Carolyn T.
Mar 04, 2018

Look at: Timeshare Insiders Blog / The Gatehouse California Timeshare News March 3/ 2018

Phyllis G.
Mar 05, 2018

Thanks! I never would have gotten there! Any news about the original scammers of Bellaire, Marina Vallarta- Antonio Copela , His son(or brother)and others?????? Took us for $96,000!!!!!!!

phyllisg96 wrote:
Look at: Timeshare Insiders Blog / The Gatehouse California Timeshare News March 3/ 2018

Carolyn T.
Mar 06, 2018

I could be wrong but I believe the link to the Gatehouse - CA is not the Belaire/Hotel U but other PV properties. No shortage of scams then and probably still now.

Gw P.
Mar 06, 2018

Is anyone still getting phone calls from Mexico saying he is helping you get your money back. Asking for $1800 to file the documents then he wants you to pay the taxes. Beware it is another fraud.

Alex H.
Jul 10, 2018

They are back. I received phone call yesterday from someone with an Mexican accent telling the same story, that they recovered the money and now they want to return my investment to me. No money upfront was mentioned but he then sent me some paperwork via email including a picture of a document with his picture on it. What is scary is that he knew my email, because he did not ask me for it, he knew how much I had lost etc. Where did he get my information? When will it ever end.

Lois J.
Jul 10, 2018

My mom has received the same call and emails with photos as well. It is sad that Mexico still allows this to go on and on.

The other night watching "Mexico Life" where people look to buy homes there (a lot of them to rent them out afterwards) I always yell at the TV when people put out huge money to buy a pre-build, RUN AWAY RUN AWAY. Many of the sites (the one this past Sunday outside Puerto Vallarta) look so much like the Belaire site looked when my parents bought into it. On Sunday a couple was on the other side of Mexico (Playa del Carmen) buying a pre-build as well and their site had not even been cleared. Just some rebar sticking out of the ground. And the woman of the couple, says, oh look at all the monkeys here......To me that is a run away as if someone figures out it's a monkey habitat, it might not ever be built.

Like I said, it is sad to see people get suckered still and that Mexico allows it.

My widowed mother is still paying off the debt they acquired buying into the Belaire hoax.

Pam F.

Last edited by pamf100 on Jul 10, 2018 07:26 AM

Jul 10, 2018

Yes, it sad to say but they are back with the same old scan. I get calls on my home phone then on my cell phone. They are using the internet to call because the area codes are always different. Sometimes i see Mexico numbers and sometimes it will be an area code from different states. I don't know how they got all of the information but they do know pretty much about everything. They want to transfer money into my account as long as I sent the exchange rate about $1875.00. I waste a little of my time and theirs by going along with the story and keeping asking questions. They get a little upset then hang up or i hang up first. I agree with the post above, I am never sending or investing money in Mexico again!!

David E.
Jul 10, 2018

Very sad. That is a big lesson, a hard lesson not to trust anyone even in the US unless it is supported by a normal legit corporation/institution.

Hovhannes A.
Jul 10, 2018

No way was I going to send these people money or get involved in any way with the Mexican sounding man who is going "to get my money back". I want to relate more to the story of Belaire. After we found out that things were not moving along so well at Belaire, my husband and I got involved in another timeshare called Grand Miramar. Some of you may remember that when we returned the next year the people at Belaire told us that while Belaire was being built it would be possible to use the facilities at Grand Miramar, which never happened.

In 2009 we got involved at Grand Miramar. At that time they did have units built. Many timeshares were sold in 2009 and 2010. Just after that an Englishman named Richard Bounds got involved in the sales department. He and his crew sold Grand Miramar as a vacation club and proceeded to steal as much as possible from the purchasers. Last January the owners threw them out as he was causing too many problems, I am not sure how many units he did sell but when I was there in February, 2017 he had sold more than several units and with the promise among other things that he would sell their other timeshares and etc,etc.which of course he didn't Of the original persons that purchased back in 2009-10 very few are left. Two years ago I spoke to one the the Head Guys and he told me that there were only 40-50 owners left. This year two or three of the original group said that they were not coming back ever again.

I wanted to tell all that had purchased in the last few years to get out now, but Richard was so conveniencing and I was afraid that they would come after me, so I just kinda warned them. Trying to get them to back out was fruitless. I worry all the time that they could say my contract is not valid and out I would go also. I was there 5 weeks this year and only 6 units were being used as a timeshare and all were the original owners like myself. All the rest of the units were being used as a high end hotel rental. They have spent a lot of money expanding the spa area but I just go downtown for a fraction of the cost. The owner has made a deal with a local college and young people are being assigned to on the job training jobs so the owner has eliminated many employees. The owners are Senor and Senora Gomez from Mexico City.

I will be returning next February for 4 weeks and after that I feel I was able to recover my original investment. I do love the place as it is beautiful way up in the mountains as the rooms etc overlook the entire Bandaras Bay. I hope this sheds more light on the timeshares problem in Mexico. Until the Mexican government helps they will all just continue on with their scams. And I do not see that happening very soon.

Lois J.
Jul 18, 2018

I also have received many calls saying the government is going to return our money also they want a fee or commission for the bank to send the money. They have an email with the name susana morales and the guy with the pictures has a linked in account is this the same info you got I was getting wary of the whole thing so is this another scam please respond as this is going on 12 years for us and we are so tired of getting our hopes up for nothing

Sheila L.
Jul 18, 2018

When did you purchase this. What year....It don’t exist

D. L.
Jul 18, 2018

Lick your wounds lost a lot of money... very sad take advantage of tourists who come every year

D. L.
Jul 18, 2018

No one will see any money

D. L.
Jul 18, 2018

Very hard Lesson learned

D. L.
Feb 24, 2019

Apparently Richard Bounds is now in Cancun/Playa del Carmen area now. Most likely pulling the same shenanigans there.

Gerry P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.