Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jan 26, 2011

You are crazy if you give them any more money. The people who own the Hotel U are the same people who own the Belaire. Profeco told us that they just changed the name. They are never going to give you your money back. We bought in Jan 2009 there are people who have been buying since 2003. They keep telling you lies and they wont even tell you when they are planning to start construction again. Ask them exact questions like Who in the architech Who is the Engineer Who is the builder Ask to see the building permit They will not be able to give you anything, I already tried. If you happen to get the names then check out those people. Believe me they will take $8000 a month from now if you are dumb enough after reading all these blogs to give them more money. Rena and Steve Turner Penticton, Canada

Rena T.
Jan 26, 2011

One other thing if you believe that those people that are hanging around are waiting to invest more money you are so wrong they are probably people like yourselves who they keep waiting for over 2 hours to tell them the same crap they told you. Rena

Rena T.
Jan 29, 2011

If any of you are stupid enough to give these people anymore money then you deserve to lose it. Will it take a tree to fall on your heads to realize you have been screwed and that everytime they ask you for another dime or make you another offer you are continuing to be screwed. I can't believe you are still asking advice about giving them more money. All of you people that waste your vacation going to that place are just plain stupid. Have you heard of ONE person that has gotten their money back? I got mine, but I went to Profeco the day after I bought and they took care of it on the spot. Most of you people have waited too long so you might as well mark it up to experience, kiss the money goodbye, and get on with your lives.

Betty B.
Jan 29, 2011

I absolutely agree. DO NOT give them anymore money. They are using every trick in the book to get your money. It is like a salesman trying to sell a cancer patient snake oil as a last result to heal them, convining them it just might work. People think "what do I have to lose?" All of us on this forum fell once for their lies and some of us suffered great humiliation from these scums when they yelled at us, called the police and threatened us with losing our homes and anything else they could get their hands on. Be smart, stay away. Giving them more money only keeps them in business and able to take more money from other unfortunate victims like us.

Brian F.
Feb 08, 2011

We, too are Belaire owners. We would like to join any effort in getting our money back. We will be in PV this month and I have an appointment with Belaire for the 21st. If anyone has anything specific they want me to ask, please advise.

We would like to know what we need to do with profecto and if there is any cost involved with getting things started with them...............Jack

Jack B.
Feb 27, 2011

Has anyone got their money back after years of trying.

George P.
Feb 27, 2011

I had the opportunity to get an appointment and visit the site of Belaire/ U Hotel. I was first met by a young man whose name may be Carlos Camba. He took me in and gave me a menu which looked like the one I used last year. I understand the head of the spa is now running the resturant. He asked for my contract number and left to look it up. Another couple was sitting nearby and I asked them if they also had purcahsed and they said yes. I told them not to give them any more money.

He tried to get me not to speak to them. Another man came in named Mario Llamas, who is suppose to be the head honcho. He told me that nothing has happened because the new company that formed from the other, Belaire, did not want to take out the permits in July as they did not want to pay the $250,000 dollars that the Mexican Government wanted from them. However they are now ready to start so they should have the permits in 60-90 days. I told him that the newsletter stated that they had the 200 permits now, but he told me that that newsletter was written last summer. The date on the newsletter was February. I asked him about Mr. Williams and Mr Hightower but he did not know who they are. By the way I heard that Antonio is either in Los Angeles or here in Puerto Vallarta in his beachfront house.

He then took me into another room and the other couple was there. He realized he could not get any more money out of me he wanted me to leave. On the way out I asked why they had security 24/7 and I was told that it was to protect the construction equipment. Are they worried that someone is going to steal the steel structure?

He offered to take me back to my hotel and after he went into his office he changed his tune and said that the car was out of gas. Did I give him any more money? NO Will I? Don't think so. What a mess. By the way I did see the model unit and it is outstanding. What good that will do any of us. Lois

Lois J.
Feb 28, 2011

My wife and I bought at Belaire in May 2008. We went back last May and had a look, but nothing had been done, except that the present structure you can see (steel with the glass framing on bottom floor) was in place. We were back in PV last week (February 21) and went to look at Belaire. Nothing has been done. We didn't bother even trying to talk to anyone--it would be a total waste of time.

Anthony A.
Feb 28, 2011

I AM IN PV NOW AT VELAS VALLARTA JUST MEET SOMEONE THAT PAID ALAN DALE MONEY IN SEPT OF 2010. HE HAS NOT SEEN ONE PENNY. I DONT THNK HE EVER WILL ON TOP OF THAT HE TOLD ME HE ALSO PAID MARIO STEG $7,800.00 AT BELAIRE. I HOPE NO ONE ELSE FALLS FOR THIS SCAM.I HAVE OWNED SINCE 2007 AND HEARD ALL THE LIES

Michael F.
Feb 28, 2011

We bought in March 2010. What a mistake, we have not heard from anyone since. Our salseman was Johathan James Tomasello. We filed a complant with the Minister of Tourism, no reply! What a surprise, we feel so "taken" for believing this resort was legitimate! If you have any info please contact us.

Ron G.

Last edited by rong176 on Feb 28, 2011 12:01 PM

Feb 28, 2011

What did you find out at your visit to Belaire? Are they still scamming? We have not been able to reach anyone. Please let us know what we can do to get our money back! Thanks

Ron G.
Feb 28, 2011

Contact Profeco. You have up to one year to file your complaint so you better hurry. Their email address is: tranjeros@profeco.gob.mx. Their mailing address is: Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor

Dirección General de Quejas y Conciliación

Av. Jose Vasconcélos no. 208, 6º piso

Col. Condesa. Del. Cuauhtémoc

C.P. 06140, México, D.F. (Mexico City)

They will ask for the following: 1. Complete complaint form. (they will provide this to you). 2. Copy of the ID of the persons who signed the contract (Passport or Driver’s License).

3. Copy of the entire contract (ALL clauses and / or recitals)

4. Copy of the evidence of payment of the total amounts paid, such as credit card statements, issued by the bank

5. Copy of proof of sending of the cancellation request such acknowledgment, post receipt or note of sending as long as the cancellation letter and copy of non fulfillment or breach of the contract.

If you do not have proof of cancellation, send your request to Bellaire NOW via email and send a copy your cancellation notice to Profeco. It is much more difficult to get your money back this late in the situation, but your only recourse is to contact Profeco and try. Good luck.

Brian F.

Last edited by brianf8 on Feb 28, 2011 06:40 PM

Feb 28, 2011

I found an attorney. To take a class action siut to investigate if the belaire has any assets to sue for fraud.If anyone here is interested he wants $3000 divided by the number of people interested. Please email me if interested. Judyk23@gmail.com

Richard K.
Feb 28, 2011

I am sorry to hear all this. If you don't realize it by now, you are dealing with the Mafi when you are involved with the Belaire. You are not alone. Most of the people who put BIG money into the development were scammed on a much bigger scale than you. One party, who is in a wheel chair, invested millions and saw little or nothing in return while Anotnio got rich beyond what you can imagine. Please stay away from the Belaire and anyone associated with it. Any information or developments regarding this situation would be much appreciated. Fell free to contact me.

Jim J.
Feb 28, 2011

I am so sorry for all your troubles in this matter..... You will most likely never see your money again and will never use the Belaire or whatever they are calling it now. It is a total and complete scam. I know this situation and the players involved intimately and can tell you all to stay clear of this situation. Good luck to all of you and there is no way Antonio and crew can get away with this in the end. You cant take/STEAL money from people and not pay the price. It just does not work that way. I wish you all the very best and good luck with this terrible situation.

Jim J.
Mar 01, 2011

Please note: the correct email for PROFECO is

extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx (extranjeros means 'foreigners' in Spanish)

This gets you attention from an English-speaking agent. Otherwise the instructions from brianf8, above, are correct. PROFECO helped us via email & telephone, but you must send them the documentation copies in hard copy, via post, FEDEX, or UPS. They were very helpful, but I suspect their backlog is pretty bad by now, so response may be slower than it was last year.

Best of luck!

Michael S.
Mar 01, 2011

Of course its been since 2008 that we bought into this scam. How are they allowed to continue selling or have the rats abandoned the ship?

George P.
Mar 01, 2011

Hi! Thanks for all of the info about Profeco. However, I would like to have their phone number. Does anyone have it for me? Thanks!

Anthony A.
Mar 02, 2011

anthonya93 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for all of the info about Profeco. However, I would like to have their phone number. Does anyone have it for me? Thanks!

Profeco PV

01322 22 500 28

01322 22 500 00

Gerald B.
Mar 21, 2011

Hi CarrieP You should contact your original time share company. If this is a scam then they took your time share under fraudulent pretences. I wonder if you might be able to recover the contract. It's worth a try.

Steve L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.