Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Apr 24, 2012

yes we used capital one for those charged on6/14/2010

Dennis L.
Apr 24, 2012

In september of 2010 my pregnant wife of 5 months and I went to PV and were offered a time share presentation at the Grand Miramar resort and they offered us $500 to go on a 90 minute presentation. We went and were shown around by young inexperienced saleman by the name of Aldo Padron. Although the resort was nice, we thought it was too far from the beach and already being owners of the Playa del Sol Grand and Grand Mayan, we concluded it would not be in our best interest to make another expense until we sold the PDS Grand. Well, after almost 4 hours of trying to convince us that they would give us a credit for the PDS Grand if we bought into the Grand Miramar, Aldo finally got our message and we were kindly asked to move to the lobby/reception area where we were met by another man by the name of Mario Montalbo who appeared to be a manager of some sort. My wife was tired and by that point nothing Aldo had said was going to get her to change her mind, especially after Aldo insulted her by telling me I was the man of the family and I shouldn't have to consult with my wife if I liked the resort and she didn't. Mario then asked us to step outside the resort with him where he proceeded to completely change his demeanor and tone and basically stated that we had forfeited our $500 gift because we had told him that our decision to buy on that day was not determined or influenced by anyone or any other situation we may have and since we did tell them that we would not even consider buying into the Grand Miramar unless we sold the PDS Grand first that we had lied on the interview. Therefore he gave us our $100 deposit and then warned us to leave immediately as he walked towards us in a very threatening manner and stated he would have us removed if we didn't comply. Had may pregnant wife not been present, I believe things would've ended up quite differently than our just leaving. Fortunately we had brought our own rental car. My point is that this Mario character is on and the same person that is probably now at Belair/U. From what I remember, he is a rather large man of about 6 feet, early forties and a little imposing physically. At first he sounds very charming stating that he has family and investments in Texas, but when they don't get what they want their whole act changes. If anyone is dealing with this person at any resort, I would suggest you try and by-pass him with a superior instead of wasting your time. Anything that this Mario Montalbo is involved with has got to be illegal or at the very least unethical and dishonest.

Alberto D.

Last edited by albertod7 on Apr 24, 2012 02:34 PM

Apr 24, 2012

We too used Capital one credit card and just today they wanted to buy us out we had to pay 14500.00 up front and had to do it today before 5:OO of course we didn't do it were we contacted before and they were crooks. densanled@yahoo.com

Dennis L.
May 01, 2012

Welcome to Mexico.......I too have been caught up in the Alex/Mario Santori buzz......I just got off the phone with him and he threated me!!!!!! Said we had a deal when we didn't and just became a total JERK!!!!! I don't know of any recourse, but if you hear of one please let me know. They were trying to change the terms of the contract and when I tried to ask questions of Mr. Sanatori Attorney, he said just sign it and send it back... Right!!!!

Tom K.
May 03, 2012

You were smart to not comply with Mario, he thinks he can keep lying and telling the U.S. citizens, gringo's they call us, and we will fall for his lie's.......and they are all lies. SO WAKE UP EVERYONE, this Mario from the Belaire is nothing but a scammer..........

D. L.
May 03, 2012

you were smart not to buy, many of us were sucked in by the BELAIRE and now the MARIMAR is doing the same thing....we bought in a timeshare 25 years ago and it's been great, but now there are so many crooks out there like the Belaire and since we bought we haven't seen any construction or will we ever see any. Like I said it first was the Hotel Belaire, now it's the HoTEL U.......just scammers

D. L.
May 03, 2012

Sad to say, you have been scammed, taken for a ride by American con-men and have no hope of recovering any of your money unless you can find the principals of the organization you gave your money to. PROFECO will be of no help.

Luigi K.
May 03, 2012

There was no sarcasm intended; merely facts, and I stand by what I say. I´ve lived in Vallarta for a long time and seen the crooks come and go and the innocents plucked by the same type of carpet-bagging people who sold the Brooklyn Bridge. Sorry if you misinterpret facts, but it is as it is . . . .

Luigi K.

Last edited by luigik on May 03, 2012 06:57 AM

May 03, 2012

If you used a credit card you can start there but your chances ae slim . . .

Luigi K.
May 03, 2012

I don´t work for BelAire, Hotel U or Miramar. Why must I get "ripped off" like you were to voice not just an opinion but to state facts you obviously wish were not true but cannot change?

Luigi K.
May 03, 2012

Same scenario with Us. Guess we are lucky, we ONLY lost $50,000. Never trust anyone in Mexico.

Auli A.
May 03, 2012

Hi, Vickie! I own at the Miramar, and I was scammed by them when I bought. Promises were made to us that have not been kept. However, at least there is a hotel--and a nice one--there. Moreover, they have built and just opened an eight story addition with one-bedroom and studio units. All units, including the odler ones, are beautiful. At BNelaire, there is nothing. What has been your experience at the Miramar?

Anthony A.
May 03, 2012

I OWN AND HAVE STAYED AT GRAND MIRAMAR TWICE NOW. THEY HAVE MADE MANY CHANGES AND WE ARE ALL HOPING FOR THE BEST. IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE ORIGINAL ROOMS ARE FANTASTIC. THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW TOWER IS INCREDIBLE. THE STAFF IS TERRIFIC AND SO FRIENDLY. WE FEEL LIKE FAMILY THERE ARE A FEW THINGS WE WISH WE HAD AGREED TO, BUT THAT IS HISTORY. WE WILL BE THERE FOR THREE WEEKS IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY.

Lois J.
May 04, 2012

Why don't all of you people join the class action law suit many of us have started. There is a way to get these people and you need to get started before it's too late. We all started here on Red Week and Profeco is of no help at all. We just had our 15th hearing HA! What a joke. They never notify Bel Air's attorney even if they would show up. They have no clout or authorization to collect any money from these crooks. Really don't know what they do. We have a good attorney in Mexico that has taken this case. Will get some information if you want it.

Janet C.
May 04, 2012

How do we join the class action suit?

Auli A.
May 04, 2012

Wewould like to join the class action suit how do we? densanledyahoo.com

Dennis L.
May 04, 2012

We too got scamed did you register a complained with Profeco and the U.S. EMBASSY and if you did what happened we just found out now it is a scam. densanled@yahoo.com

Dennis L.
May 05, 2012

My e-mail address is agerein@yahoo.com; send me your e-mail address and I wil tell you what to do.

Anthony A.
May 05, 2012

I just finished up today and my class action law suit papers are in the mail. There is a e mail from the attorney with instructions. I will send anyone this e mail if you want to join the law suit. Profeco is useless and you won't get anywhere with them. They forget to notify the Belaire attorney so they never show up for the hearings. Doesn't sound like a very good protection agency to me. Chalk it up to just being Mexico. my e mail is jan3207@msn.com. Be sure to put class action law suit on the subject line so I don't delete your e mail. This may take some time but they feel positive we can sieze any assets they may have and any monies they are hiding. This also forces them to get attorneys to fight us which will hit them in their pockets. Let's get them!!!

Janet C.
May 06, 2012

Right on, Janetc! They can't duck the Federal Judge. The lawyer assures me that even if we lose, which is always a possibility ini court, the action will cost Belaire a lot of money to defend. Also, the commencement of a law suit may get something happening in terms of a settlement: who knows! But as you say, let's get them!

Anthony A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.