La Dorada Riviera Park Salou

La Dorada Riviera Park Salou - review

Oct 13, 2007

This is not a club, not a resort and not an hotel. This is the living hell itself. We had to stay there for 6 nights through Interval International deal, and after 3 nights we left. First, this is an APPARTMENT in a regular building and not a hotel or resort room. The reception is working until 20:00 o'clock only. If you need anything from the reception after 20:00 you have to wait for the morning. There is an emergency number written on the reception door, but you should phone from your apprtment's telephone and of course it costs you money ...

Also, if you are trying to reach the reception by phone within working hours (9:30 - 13:00, 16:00-20:00) you will get no answer, so you have to come physically .

Here is the truth about the "club amenities ":

Since this place is a residencial building, the swimming pool is not well maitained. Only God knows when it was last cleaned. There are no comfortable chairs at the side of the pool, so you don't have anywhere to sit. also, it is forbidden to take towels out of your "hotel room" to the pool .

Sauna and gymnasium are available but you should pay for them.(You can enter the Sauna for free only on Wednesdays between 16:00-19:00 ).

Parking costs money .

Using the reception's safe box costs money .

Also, you should pay for your electricity. (They have stove-top and water-tank that work with electricity. The water tank is always working and can't be switched off ).

We stayed there for 4 days only, and paid ~20 euros, so you can do the math by yourselves...

The playgroud is one slide and that's it. I would be shamed to call it "playground ".

Nothing is free for the "hotel guests". (Except the so called "playground"...ha ha ha )

Regarding the appartment :

Design and furniture are old and worn-out. There is no air-condition, only heating .

You have only one television of 14'' in the living room and that's all. The television is working very bad - You see all channels with snow, and you have only 3 channels there. If you want - You can rent another TV (With money ofcourse). Kithchen tools were not clean and were very old. We were only 2 people and the kitchen tools amount was not enogh for us. We had to wash the dishes in the middle of our meals ...

We also had an electricity failures 3 times during our stay. One time, it happened on 21:00 PM. We couldn't call reception because they are not working in these hours, so we went to sleep with the electricity down .

But the worst thing above all: This building is suffering from a very serious problem of ANTS!!!!!! In our third night there, we noticed ants that are walking throught the kitchen closets, inside the bathroom and the sinks. When we realized that the appartment is not only old and worn-out, but also filthy - we decided to leave. When we told about it to the "club" owner, she said :"Oh, yes, the ants are coming because of the humidity, it is like this in all the appartments ".

I wonder why she didn't tell me that the building is so filthy when I chekced in ...

This place is not recommended by me, and I warmly suggest all of you that are reading these lines to stay away from this place .

Jack D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.