Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I think I have been conned again!

Mar 05, 2008

I recently was contacted by Vacation Time International in Jan 2008. I was told that they did not sell timeshares, but they could rent out my timeshare. I have been conned by almost all timeshare resellers. Now I think they have come up with a new scam. WE WILL RENT OUT YOUR TIMESHARE FOR X AMOUNT AND FOR X AMOUNT OF WEEKS DEPENDING ON YOUR POINTS ETC. Well after sucking up $ 799.00 of my money I have not received ONE phone call requesting renting my property. So I am wondering if anyone has dealings with this company? Also I am being solicited by SUPER TIMESHARE RESALES, who will not take my money, but will instead take all my points (890,000) in exchange for listing. They are telling me outrageous resell prices, which I feel makes them scam artists.I would appreciate any information about these companies. I am thinking about planning a trip to Florida and bringing my baseball bat, just in case I locate any of these bastards.

Marc B.
Mar 05, 2008

marcb60 wrote:
I recently was contacted by Vacation Time International in Jan 2008. I was told that they did not sell timeshares, but they could rent out my timeshare. I have been conned by almost all timeshare resellers. Now I think they have come up with a new scam. WE WILL RENT OUT YOUR TIMESHARE FOR X AMOUNT AND FOR X AMOUNT OF WEEKS DEPENDING ON YOUR POINTS ETC. Well after sucking up $ 799.00 of my money I have not received ONE phone call requesting renting my property. So I am wondering if anyone has dealings with this company? Also I am being solicited by SUPER TIMESHARE RESALES, who will not take my money, but will instead take all my points (890,000) in exchange for listing. They are telling me outrageous resell prices, which I feel makes them scam artists.I would appreciate any information about these companies. I am thinking about planning a trip to Florida and bringing my baseball bat, just in case I locate any of these bastards.

I'm not trying to be mean here but it sounds like you have been through this many times!

If I read your post right how in the world can you get scammed again or in your case many times.

All these companies have a plan but all require you paying upfront! Never pay upfront!

All of us on these forums preach "PAY NO UPFRONT COMPANY) so you already understand this and still do it over and over is unbelievable. It almost sounds like you have been scam so many times there passing your name around.

I stated many times as we warn people of these companies and some just don't listen and go lose their money and some people just deserve to lose money and I have to say you seem like one. This may be the only way you learn!

PHIL

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Mar 05, 2008 08:44 PM

Mar 06, 2008

DITTO to what phil said above - NEVER PAY ANY TIMESHARE COMPANY AN UPFRONT FEE TO SELL OR RENT YOUR TIMESHARE - NEVER.

R P.
Mar 06, 2008

Has anyone out there heard of Timeshare Rescue ?..they claim to be able to resell a timeshare to "vacation clubs" for an upfront fee of $4000...another scam ?..

Dick M.
Mar 06, 2008

dickm21 wrote:
Has anyone out there heard of Timeshare Rescue ?..they claim to be able to resell a timeshare to "vacation clubs" for an upfront fee of $4000...another scam ?..
=========== Please re-read jayjay's post prior to your own. The key words are in your question...UPFRONT FEE of $4000. It's unfortunate that everyone is looking for that one upfront fee company that delivers what they promise. I have yet to see it happen. If they can resell your TS, then offer that they take the $4000 out of the sale.

Mike N.
Jun 17, 2008

phill12 wrote:
marcb60 wrote:

I'm not trying to be mean here but it sounds like you have been through this many times!

If I read your post right how in the world can you get scammed again or in your case many times.

All these companies have a plan but all require you paying upfront! Never pay upfront!

All of us on these forums preach "PAY NO UPFRONT COMPANY) so you already understand this and still do it over and over is unbelievable. It almost sounds like you have been scam so many times there passing your name around.

I stated many times as we warn people of these companies and some just don't listen and go lose their money and some people just deserve to lose money and I have to say you seem like one. This may be the only way you learn!

PHIL

Here is a business comprised of a family who’ve made unhealthy sums of money forming internet companies that created no concrete products, provided no viable services and still managed to generate themselves large profits. Meanwhile, we proletariats of the world believe in these digital plantation owners only to have our savings and profits magically disappear into their pockets so they can procure their McMansions.

Don’t believe me? The company is comprised of individuals who were previously working for WE Collect Timeshares. http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-cacdce/case_no-2:2007cv08322/case_id-403835/

Yes, this same timeshare company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabNoBfR50w

Be careful everyone!

La C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 17, 2011 06:51 PM

Aug 29, 2008

These people are the scum of the earth any hire very skilled socipathic liars to make calls. NEVER PAY UPFRONT Fees to these cronic liars.

James M.
Feb 17, 2009

me too!!

I've also been ripped off by Vacation Time International. I started another post on it if anyone wants to read it. I did not know that these companies existed and we really belived that they would rent out the timeshare almost immediately as they promised for a fee of $699. However once they had our money all verbal communications stopped and they would ONLY answer emails. The emails stopped when we asked for a refund which was denied. We have since found out that they were evicted from their latest office and their phones are disconnected. NO ONE is manning the website and any inquiries sent in are being ignored (I tested that by sending in some inquiries myself). Needless to say I will NEVER let this happen again. I am trying to get my money back by complaining to every agency out there and even hired an attorney in Florida. But without an actual address he can't even write a letter to the business. They have left no forwarding address at the post office.

Lynnette F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.