Playa Grande Resort

check in/security/room size

May 07, 2008

We are considering staying at Playe Grand and I wanted to get general comments on other's experiences. Is check in a hard sale to buy when we are renting from others. I read about theft at some resorts by cleaning staff. Is this a problem? We are two parents with 2 teenagers. What size rooms should we consider? I'm not traveling until 2010 so please answer even if it has been awhile since this is first posted. Thanks!!!

Kathleen R.
May 21, 2008

Check in is easy. They will ask you to attend a welcome breakfast or lunch to sell you a unit. You are not required to go. Just say "no, gracias". We are owners and have stayed there 5 times now and no theft problems. But we do always use the safe that is provided with a deposit. I have 3 teens and have stayed in the one bedroom unit with them. Too small. Spend the extra money and get the 2 bedroom unit that sleeps 8. It's really comfortable, very large, and room for everything. Beside that, there are 3 TV's so everyone can watch what they like. Joanie

Joanie W.
Jun 09, 2008

We have been owners since it was dirt...literally. We bought before the buildings went up! There was one instance of theft that was suscpicious. Our son was at the pool and left his glasses on his towel. Both the towel and glasses came up missing. He asked about them the instant he found them missing and was told to go to another desk. When he went where he was told, he saw staff pull out a large plastic bag of prescription glasses, they half heartedly checked through them and said his wasn't there. When we complained and questioned the process, nothing seemed to be done but we have not had any like problems since. That was about 5 or more years ago. We have the Luxury suite with 1 bed and 2 baths. There are usually 4 of us that go together and we do fine. There is a Murphy bed, the futon pulls out to a full bed and the master bed. I guess it all depends on each persons situation.

Linda B.
Jul 06, 2008

[A=debbiee25] We first visited Playa Grande in 2006 when we used a friend's one bedroom/2 bath unit for a week in June. We did the timeshare sales pitch which was not painful at all. We absolutely loved the resort and came home and immediately purchased a studio unit online. Since that time we have purchased two additional weeks in 1 bedroom/2bath units so we now have 3 weeks per year. We ALWAYS use the in room safe and have never had a problem with security. We continue to go to the timeshare sales pitch just to stay current on pricing, the new development, etc. We have a 13 year old son and stay in either a studio or 1 bedroom unit. We have never had a problem with the size of the units.

Debbie E.

Last edited by debbiee25 on Jul 06, 2008 12:37 PM

Aug 04, 2008

My wife and I have been owners of a studio for 8 years. Checkin is quick and easy. Never any theft problem. There is a small safe in each room. We always go to the sales pitch to keep up on the latest information (and for the free breakfast). No hard sell unless you seem interested in buying.

Gerald H.
Sep 27, 2008

Check in and out have always been a breeze for us. We have never had any issue with items missing but we did have an instance last year that left me feeling a little cautious. When we leave our unit each morning, our room is reasonably clean. Last year 'every' item left out in the open had been moved and stacked 'perfectly', some of them not in the same place. Did housekeeping seach our room? Nothing was missing but why would she have moved items in everyroom? We have been going to PG for several years and that has been my first and only concern. We always use the safe.

Brenda H.
Jun 11, 2009

I am an owner and have not experienced any theft or additional pressure when I was renting from other owners - just make your plan and then hold to your plan and enjoy breadkfast. Ours is the 23rd week which is generally the beginning of the second week of June so if you haven't already made arrangements our unit may be for rent in 2010. If you are interested just send an email to gkirchhof@gstoyota.com

G K.
Jul 30, 2009

We own a week in a 2 bedroom penthouse, L2504 week 15 which is about the second week in April. We have owned for 6 years and have gone every year. Check in and check out has always been quick and easy. We always use the room safe and have never had a problem with theft. We found the sales presentation to be pushier this year than in years past but I think that has to do with the economy being down and they are hurting for sales. But you are not required to attend a presentation. Just decline the offer.

This year we took two other couples and there was plenty of room. You've going to love Playa Grande! It's a fantastic resort. Have fun.

Jeff H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 30, 2009 12:42 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.