Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Feb 23, 2012

We cannot access it here in the states.

David L.
Feb 24, 2012

I should like to talk to you are you located in the U.S. or U.K? Please reply Philip Lenson

Philip L.
Mar 01, 2012

can someone followup on the ability to give back your timeshare as we are paying 1250 per week per year at kaanapali resort and we have become disenchanted and we need to discontinue paying the outrageous fees. what are our options as it has gone on long enough. has anyone actually quit paying the fees and seen any actual affect on the credit ratings.

Darren R.
Mar 01, 2012

If you are paying $1250 for your week in Ka'anapali and resort is nice then that is cheaper than many. If it's DRI's Ka'anapali Beach Club, I have stayed there as it is a nice resort. I belong to DRI's points program. However, I also own with Marriott on Oahu at Ko Olina and the maintenance fees there are $1650. The Marriott's is nicer, but KBC is still a nice resort but as you can see the maintenance fees are compaable.

Charles S.
Mar 01, 2012

darrenr17 wrote:
can someone followup on the ability to give back your timeshare as we are paying 1250 per week per year at kaanapali resort and we have become disenchanted and we need to discontinue paying the outrageous fees. what are our options as it has gone on long enough. has anyone actually quit paying the fees and seen any actual affect on the credit ratings.

Yes, you can surrender your membership, though it galls me to give them what you paid for the membership, in our case over 50K, it can be done

Michael D.
Mar 02, 2012

Today I received an email from "Resort Owners Association" that said that for a limited time I could participate in a program that might eliminate maintenance fees for timeshare owners. It said that this was only available to a select group of clients. It seems really bogus to me, but I can't find anything on this company. The email address showing is help@vacation-timeshare.org and mail address given is 3208 East Colonial Drive, STe C #306, Orlando, FL. The number to call is (888)6962128 Anyone know anything about them? I think this is just a come on from one of those up-front fee scams!

Annette R.
Mar 02, 2012

There is a "re-sale" operation that has almost as many business names as it has customers to avoid being identified. Be EXTREMELY careful. There are all kinds of stories out there that say "they took my money and now they won't take my calls!" Once they have the money, many are done!

David L.
Mar 02, 2012

If it looks like a scam and sounds like a scam........... it's a SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run don't walk as fast as you can away from the offer. Like David said once the money is gone..... it's gone.

Don P.
Mar 02, 2012

annetter60 wrote:
Today I received an email from "Resort Owners Association" that said that for a limited time I could participate in a program that might eliminate maintenance fees for timeshare owners. It said that this was only available to a select group of clients. It seems really bogus to me, but I can't find anything on this company. The email address showing is help@vacation-timeshare.org and mail address given is 3208 East Colonial Drive, STe C #306, Orlando, FL. The number to call is (888)6962128 Anyone know anything about them? I think this is just a come on from one of those up-front fee scams!

They are willing to buy your membership, but the cost is very steep, for our two weeks they wanted $ 20,000, and they claim it was garunteed to remove you from responsibility, however if you do not have a release from Diamond it is all for nothing and they will have your money... The entire industry has become a rip off, and as these resorts deteriorate the "Special assessments" to repair them will be billed to the members... Get out if you can...

Michael D.
Mar 03, 2012

Annetter60, As bad as DRI is, it sounds like "Resort Owners Association" is worse.

B S.
Mar 03, 2012

As I suspected. I spammed their email. Thanks for comments.

Annette R.
Mar 04, 2012

Court case was on on St Maarten March 02 2012/... Juge will investigate the m Fees and DRI has to provide their information have a look at the TODAY NEWSPAPER on St Maarten.. news 03/03/2012

Pamela J.
Mar 30, 2012

FYI...if you converted to points, read this... We purchased points a few years ago (DRI Hawaii collection) so we could be in the points system. We decided we wanted out of the whole timeshare thing and got rid of our deeded week, but still had the points to deal with. In the mean time we had filed a complaint with the BBB, and didn't expect much from that. Not long ago we got a call from a DRI big wig (who obviously received that complaint) saying they would refund all of the money we payed for the points, as well as water intrusion assessment fee and MF's for 2012, and be relieved of all future obligations for the contract. I said great, but I'll believe it when I see it! Well, I just received the check and signed the 2 page contract (which was read by my lawyer and completely legit)! Now I have the refund, and no more timeshare!! I'm still out all the money we payed for the deeded portion, but at least we got something back from this whole mess, and will never pay another MF or assessment ever again!

Rick M.
Mar 30, 2012

to rickm;

are you saying that dri fully refunded your purchase cost for your points based on your letter to the bbb? to which state did you send your letter?

would you please send me a copy of the letter that you received from dri regarding the refund?

thank you,

sherik50@gmail.com

Sheri K.
Mar 30, 2012

michaeld414 wrote:
annetter60 wrote:

They are willing to buy your membership, but the cost is very steep, for our two weeks they wanted $ 20,000, and they claim it was garunteed to remove you from responsibility, however if you do not have a release from Diamond it is all for nothing and they will have your money... The entire industry has become a rip off, and as these resorts deteriorate the "Special assessments" to repair them will be billed to the members... Get out if you can...

update... You can surrender your membership to DRI, though it angers me that it is giving them a gift of your purchase price, and that is usually a 5 figures amount, but it is a way out of feeling you are an indentured tourist

Michael D.
Mar 30, 2012

Isn't it asmazing that people are willing to give up thousands of dollars they paid for their timeshares to get out of their obligations. What does that say for the industry as a whole ? I too deeded back two timeshares this year. We used them extensively for years and had a lot of great vacations including England and Scotland. It was after RCI got aquired by Cendant that we no longer were interested in keeping them. All the prime locations were taken off the trade market and sold to the public for a profit. Then health issues sealed the deal to get rid of them. I have one left in Las Vegas that I will never part with. We love going there and it's never a problem renting it out if we don't it. I belong to the ( NTOA ) National Timeshare Owners Association. It's a non profit organization for the purpose of protecting owners rights and a sharing information. They also lobby for timershare owners. I recommend all timeshare owners join them and support change in the timesharing industry. Their website is nationaltimeshareownersassoc.com. The president, Ed Hastry, can be contacted at hastry@aol.com.

Don P.
Mar 30, 2012

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER (did I say never) pay anyone up front to get rid of your timeshare. If they ask for it, it is GUARANTEED to be a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary B.
Mar 31, 2012

Now here is something funny.I have been emailing Stephen Cloobeck since his unfortunate statement after the Under cover Boss debacle with no response with the offer to buy back from unhappy owners.I emailed today directly to him then through customer service and low and behold and instant message of suspension for being disrespectful stating my tone did not warrant a response.Thats a kicker don't you think?

Patricia M.
Mar 31, 2012

What did Mr. Cloobeck say after his Undercover Boss episode? Did he offer to buy back timeshares?

I wrote him an open letter in this forum but like you receive no response.

Bob

Robert R.
Mar 31, 2012

It doesn't matter what he said, he won't follow through. That's just who he is!

David L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.