Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

May 27, 2012

There is already a lawsuit. http://poipuowners.org/uploads/Lawsuit.pdf

David L.
May 28, 2012

It is important to keep the pressure up on Diamond, and to inform those who might be sucked into their scams... They will continue to use their deceptive sales tactics, their failure to disclose vital information about these facilities as well as the structure of how they work "availability vs the number of members... It was hidden from us that there were any actual "Deeded Owners" other than a points system... Had I known that there were other forms of ownership, we would have walked away... We were assured that Sunterra / Diamond as they were merging owned the entire facility outright, and there were no other entities... That the number of actual points members that could be sold were limited to the number of units multiplied by the weeks available, and that was set by Hawaiian Real Estate Law... In my opinion DRI is a dishonest organization...

Now, How about a Lawsuit update David

Michael D.
May 28, 2012

So glad we never bought in to the point system. although it has devalued our ownership of a 2bedroom unit that (we no longer have priority in reserving), we also no longer are able to take advantage of the happy hour that we had years ago when we purchased. I'd love to be included if a lawsuit comes up.

We are headed to Maui in 30 days, it will be interesting to see the changes as we didn't go last year.

Michele

Michele L.
May 29, 2012

The Federal Class action lawsuit has been filed, 6-7 weeks ago, I am waiting on an update on Diamonds reply to the substantial allegations that were made and documented...

Michael D.
May 30, 2012

I am following all this very closely. I would like to get rid of my timeshare because as I get older, I am finding less and less use for it. I started with Sunterra and was quite happy with them. Things have not been so good with DRI. First, they changed it so that you need to have membership in The Club in order to continue being able to make even internal exchanges without paying fees or going through Interval. Secondly, the fees have continued to rise every year, without there being any increase in benefits. Third, they keep changing the rules about how you can use your points without any warning, so that this year I missed the deadline for using my points to pay my fees. One plus for me is that I own deeded property in Florida, and the resort itself seems to be a good one. However, if DRI has stiffed owners at some resorts, I suppose they could do the same to any of us in the future!

Annette R.
Jul 06, 2012

how much do you want for those points

Alan S.
Jul 06, 2012

Are you asking because you are interested in buying?

Annette R.
Jul 07, 2012

Stephen Cloobeck thinks he can do anything! As he lost in the Court of First Instance and again in the Court of Appeal on the island of ST MAARTEN.,. he LOST, so he via his lawyer on St Maarten threatened me if I did not sign his agreement with NEVADA law, and its St Maarten here not NEVADA, but the lawyer I had chose to also force me to sign so he could collect his percentage for doing what, forcing me to agree to what he wanted.. either lose all your weeks as they will do or sign.. Stephen CLOOBECK uses Nevada Law on St Maarten with a DUTCH lawyer knowing full well that does not apply. My Facebook account is monitored in Philipsburg or in Miami everytime I open it. The Judge told Stephen Cloobeck's lawyer that everything I wrote on www.canyoutrusthem.com was TRUE!

Pamela J.
Jul 07, 2012

You go girl !! ..... don't back down.

Don P.
Jul 07, 2012

Yes, Pamela! You've inspired me - I hope I will have more details to share with you as things progress. So much has happened and more is about to happen. For now - we work so that our monies will not be used to bring other unsuspecting, innocent buyers into this Cloobeck Web of darkness. One owner (from the midwest, I think) called it a "hostage situation".

Free the hostages; Free the financial hostages! Help those who think they're providing vacations for their loved ones, especially their children. ( But instead - these are being lured by "Shelob"-like characters, the daughter of "Ungoliant".) And those State Attorney Generals who are paid by our tax monies, and the Real Estate Commissioners...do they stand by and watch as the small consumer is held hostage? It seems we often fight on our own. But, small, individual battles can add up to a great war.

Cindy K.
Jul 08, 2012

We received the same mailing. I decided to call the number. After being on hold for 5 minutes I spoke with a young lady. She told me that they have reps around the country who are running free seminars on how to eliminate your maintenance fees. She asked if we had any debt regarding our timeshare, how long we owned it, etc. I got the feeling that they are looking for owners who have fully paid for their timeshare and are current with their maintenance fees, which we are. She then told me that we met their requirements to attend the seminar. She then informed me of the times and dates of local seminars. She also included the speaker's name. I decided to tentatively sign up for it. However, I have since decided not to attend as I cannot find any information about Resorts Owners Association on the web. I'm confident that the presentation is some sort of a sales pitch. The only ways I know of how to eliminate your maintenance fees are to sell the timeshare or lease/rent it.

Jeffrey G.
Jul 28, 2012

They will want around 4k to take the timeshare

John S.
Jul 28, 2012

Stephen CLOOBECK did not like being beaten in the Court First Instance Philipsburg St Maarten where the retired Supreme Court Judge assisting on St Maarten told CLOOBECK"s lawyer.. she wrote the truth about your client and I KNOW LOTS MORE.. tell your client he has to open a financial transactions office at the resort Flamingo. Cloobeck has not done so.. He lost the case where he sued me for $15,000 slander.. He LOST the Court of Appeal too... Stephen Cloobeck then used his lawyers here on St Maarten to THREATEN me.. either I take a payment, shut up and remove all posts on the internet or I will lose ALL my weeks.. I was FORCED and pressured to sign a document.. BUT two DUTCH lawyers on St Maarten FORCED me to sign a document abiding my NEVADA LAW.. and then Stephen Cloobeck would sue me in NEVADA.. ha ha ha. I am on ST MAARTEN/ST MARTIN.. those tactics don't work. His pompous lawyer even has made me sign an agreement where I am not allowed to go the beach at Flamingo/.. Just who the h...does Stephen CLOOBECK think he is.. He flies here on his lear jet and his resorts are not good enough for him.. he stays at the Westin.. He has a Windward Island Bank account but he does not collect Maintenance fees on St Martin and he has not respected the Honorable Judge who applied the Dutch law on St Maarten Cloobeck thinks its Nevada here!

Pamela J.
Sep 06, 2012

michaeld414 wrote:
The Federal Class action lawsuit has been filed, 6-7 weeks ago, I am waiting on an update on Diamonds reply to the substantial allegations that were made and documented...

Hi Michael,

I would like to update you on some very important news re: DRI. They have broken a set of serious laws and I"m in touch with CA Dept of Real Estate about this. May I update you, since I signed with Sedona, I'm assuming I'm also in the Hawaii collection. Thanks, my email is connexcindy@sbcglobal.net and I will then give you my phone number. Cindy

Cindy K.
Sep 06, 2012

Los Abrigados in Sedona is in the Premiere Vacation Collection. Cindy, I would also like to know what laws they have broken since I am a former ILX owner. but I don't understand the application of California law to Arizona.

Robert R.
Sep 07, 2012

I'm also at Los Abrigados ,can you keep me informed also?

Patricia M.
Sep 07, 2012

You can go to those presentations but as I found out, getting hooked into a couple, they tend to want you to pay them to take them off your hands. Nice folks? That's what both did to me. Now, when I get something in the mail, I call and ask if they want me to pay or they're willing to pay. So far all I've called won't admit anything but after being pushy, they'll admit they don't pay for them.

Frank O.
Sep 10, 2012

I have not seen this posting before, now 3 years old. Sandra - what happened, eventually with the Dept of REal Estate in HI and CA. I've made complaints in AZ and now CA. But, I'm beginning to wonder if DRI has the Dept of Real Estates, in their hand. Can you let me know? connexcindy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Cindy

sandras337 wrote:
I am truly interested in joining a class action suit against these people. I am furious at the annual increases. With today's economy (or lack of it) how can they possibly continue these horrendous rate increases. I have spoken to countless people at DRI (after waiting on hold for at times over an hour). I finally wrote to Governor Lingle (Hawaii), and yes they responded. The Governor's office has requested additional information, which will be referred to their DRE. I also emailed Jerry Brown, CA Attorney General. His office has referred me to the Dept. of Real Estate, and they have advised this will be followed. I am in the process of composing my letter to them and will provide both Hawaii and California with all of the details I can possible. I urge all of you who have written/called and received a "deaf ear" to email both Governor Lingle in Hawaii and the Attorney General and Department of Real Estate in your State and state your cause. Remember, maybe I am totally naive, but I do believe in due process and these elected officals are in office because of us. Hopefully they can help us.

Cindy K.
Sep 10, 2012

Hi Robert and Patricia,

There are many broken Timeshare laws in both AZ and CA. Since I'm in the middle of collecting my monies from DRI, I can only tell you that if you check out the timeshare laws for AZ - and check your Public Report (which DRI named 4 different things when we signed - to try to keep our eyes off the right information under the correct shell) you can easily track them. If you're a CA resident, there is another layer of protection in the Timeshare laws.

robertr558 wrote:
Los Abrigados in Sedona is in the Premiere Vacation Collection. Cindy, I would also like to know what laws they have broken since I am a former ILX owner. but I don't understand the application of California law to Arizona.

Cindy K.
Sep 11, 2012

Although there may be other good candidates for the Board, if we concentrate our efforts on the same two people, they may have a chance of winnings. I voted for Annmarie Calvert-Antoye and Mark Pugatch. If you have not yet voted, please consider voting for them as well. It's worth a try.

Susan A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.