Welcome to the new RedWeek! tell us what you think or return to the old site

Welcome to the new RedWeek! tell us what you think or return to the old site

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

I Want To…

page 44 of 44

«  prev page   1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44   next page  »

Message Author

By susana277

It appears they have billed only those affiliated with the Hawaiian collection. The rest of us await the dropping of the shoe.

8 months ago
Dec 02, 2014

By michaelr1128

Thank you for the Posts!

It's been 5 months since the last post on the subject of DRI reducing ownership value. I am an owner at San Luis Bay in Avila Beach for over 10 years. The first two years were great under Sunterra. I could always either reserve a studio during my week (34) or rent available days at a very reasonable price.

I haven't been able to reserve "My Unit" during "My week" for years. In fact, I can't even reserve any unit any decent week because those with more points get priority. The standard answer I get to my inquiries is "buy more points".

Now we are relegated to reserving in the California desert during the summer. What a deal!!

Avatar for michaelr1128 michaelr1128

3 months ago
May 15, 2015

By lindab618

Thank you for the Posts!

I am an owner of a time-share at Los Abrigados in Sedona, AZ. With the Diamond International takeover of ILX (original timeshare company), my "points" are not enough to use during the peak times, although my original purchase gave me the right to book any one of the 52 weeks of the year, without restriction. DI's response to me about the loss of value, is to buy more points.

I feel your pain. I have no intention of putting any more money into what is already a bad situation (sharply rising annual maintenance fees).

3 months ago
May 15, 2015

By davidk689

If you originally had a deeded timeshare with ILX and "upgraded" from Sedona Vacation Club to Premier Vacation Club you got stuck exchanging that membership to DRI points. If you had declined the "upgrade" and just kept the original deeded ownership, as I did, you would be able to book your floating week with no difficulty.

It is still a ripoff with the ever-increasing maintenance fees and the downgraded amenities, but at least I get something out of it.

NEVER sign anything in any kind of "update" or sales presentation from anyone involved in the timeshare industry. They are all thieves.

3 months ago
May 16, 2015

By lindab618

We did not upgrade to PVC....we still have the deeded property, so I don't understand why they are telling us we are limited by points.

3 months ago
May 16, 2015

By hovhannesa

I am fed up with them. In 15 years missed one quarterly invoice which I did not receive and they are trying to get $150 interests for it. After 1 hour conversation on the phone they "tried to help me" by reducing it by half. I will simply send them back the certificate and finish this. We enjoyed it when we were under Monarch resort Palm Springs. However with current maintenance fees it does not make sense. One week is costing us about $1800 and we can't even get a normal property and 2 bedroom that we owe. For that amount I will rent anywhere I want without time share. So we will just stop all the payments and return the certificate.

Avatar for hovhannesa hovhannesa

3 months ago
May 17, 2015

By davidk689

You may just be speaking to someone who assumes you are on points. As a deeded owner you have the absolute right to book any week which is not previously booked by someone else. I don't always get my first choice of weeks (or split weeks) but do end up getting something fairly close to what I first wanted.

If you think they are jerking you around try this: call up to make a reservation as just someone who is not an owner but just looking for hotel accommodations. Get some dates when there are rooms available. Write them down and then tell them you will call them back after you confer with your spouse (or whoever). Record the call.

Next call them (it would be good to have two different people doing this) to make a reservation on one of those weeks as an owner. Record the call. If they tell you nothing is available just politely say you will call them back.

File an action in small claims court (probably Coconino County) for the full amount of your annual maintenance fee + any legal costs incurred (filing fees, process serving, collecting, etc). You might also want to include your cost of other lodging for the week if you decide to go to Sedona and stay somewhere else.

3 months ago
May 17, 2015

By opalw3

Diamond Resorts is not looking to take your timeshare back, believe me. They are out there buying up more resorts.

2 months ago
Jun 18, 2015

By opalw3

Thank you for the Posts!

Diamond is renting inventory to the public. That's why you can't get in. Look at vrbo.com and you'll see your resort's inventory being rented.

2 months ago
Jun 18, 2015

page 44 of 44

«  prev page   1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free

I Want To…