preview the new redweek.com!

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 43 of 43

«prev page   1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   next page»

Message Author

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

susana277 wrote:
Really, until and unless DRI roles back their maintenance fees to a rate that is within industry standards they will be unable to recapture any good will from their members. A satisfied customer will speak about the company to a few people but a dissatisfied customer will speak to many, many more. Which is why of course, DRI has a gag order attached to their termination document. The word does seem to be out about them more than before.


If anyone expects DRI to change, you live in Fairy Land... In my opinion DRI is an ongoing criminal fraud enterprise, like the Mafia or the Drug Cartels minus the violence, but criminal none the less... They will do and say anything they can to get your money... Yes, those who have been defrauded will speak loudly and often about their experiences, and DRI will threaten anyone who dares speak up, but they do not want to give credibility to any former member by actually taking them to court as that brings attention to their manner of business... Contrary to some opinions going to court alone as one party is expensive and time consuming, the COPP group had a great suit filed but settled out of court and betrayed all of its members by doing so... They never forced the case to court and discovery, where DRI was vulnerable to having to open their books...
In my opinion any Vacation Timeshare is a fraud if they use the points system as opposed to the old system of units X weeks, points is like selling air, that is why they have adopted this business model

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

3 months ago
Jun 25, 2014

The old system was a fraud as well. Most of us were told what a great "investment" we were getting during those high-pressure sales presentations. False information about resale value was also given. In my case they told the truth about the units at my resort being almost sold out, but once they were actually sold out the developers just started selling "memberships" in some sort of "vacation club", which was essentially the same thing but without a deed. As I've said before, the people in this business are the lowest form of slime to share the planet with us. They should all be rotting in prison.

Avatar for davidk689 davidk689

3 months ago
Jun 25, 2014

Thank you for the Posts!

charless345 wrote:
westw wrote:
I want to sincerly thank you for your public service of posting your issues here about Diamond Int'l. I have read EVERY SINGLE ONE and have followed all the links and outside stories. I recently purchased into Diamond, came home and did my research. Because of your first-hand accounts I have canceled within 24 hours of the 7 Day Cancellation Period! I want you all to know that you HAVE FOUGHT BACK and are being heard! I especially want to thank MichaelD for his posts ( I am so sorry you had to lose $55k! Filing a lawsuit and requesting discovery is not expensive, btw--let me know and I will help you be Pro per-represent yourself--after discovery you can get atty for free to represent that class but hurry due to statute of limitations!) and others who have explained the risks. My wife and I discussed at length the difference between the sales pitch and actual escrow discussion and the actual contract. We have NO GUARANTEE that assessments could be controlled, or properties available. We saw that we could rent the same properties at hotel.com for less than the CURRENT (new!) assessments. We will potentially look into marriots, or even rent from timeshare owners (not an option with a point system- public listings are prohibited in contract- so contact me if you want to rent a week). Again, thank you! (BTW, I too think "Charles" is DRI plant)


Hello, your local DRI plant here. :-) Amazing that because you don't disagree with others' view or don't have the same experiences that are negative that you have to be a plant or something. Anyhow....

I own Marriott as well. When Marriott went to the points system, I read almost all of the same complaints that I read about DRI as it pertains to their system. Weeks owners with Marriott say it is a Ponzi scheme, etc. In fact, there is a class action suit filed against Marriott by a weeks owner stating that his timeshare has been devalued since Marriott went to the points system. When you are dealing with lots of people, there are going to be varying opinions.

DRI does rent their units cheaper than maintenance fees in certain places. This usually depends on the time of year and the location. I see weeks owners renting their units out for less than maintenance fees as well. It's all about supply and demand. I don't think weeks owners at Hawaii resorts want to rent their units for less than maintenance fees, but we all would rather recover some costs as opposed to nothing at all. I believe DRI does the same thing. However, I know that they also do this to generate sales.

I would again like to invite you all to our Facebook page for Diamond Resorts Members. We now have over 2000 owners on our page and we discuss issues positive and negative. We have DRI owners from all over the world as members. Some are happy and some are not. We have enough people on our site now that DRI reads it and we have been able to get some changes in the system. I know some of you think I am a plant, but I am a knowledgeable one. :-) Come to our site and learn how to maximize your membership and unite with us to bring about change in the DRI system. There is strength in numbers.

Avatar for barbaral201 barbaral201

3 months ago
Jun 25, 2014

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

And MichaelD I heard you, and witnessed your HUGE loss and thus was able to get out within my 7 Day Recission Period. But I must say, that the blame on COPP is not justified. Anyone can file Discovery and Motions to Compel Discovery one a lawsuit has been answered. Did you try to look at the file to see what it is you are looking for? I believe you felt that there was a nondisclosure... time starts once the damage has been discovered--thus you may still have time? If not, a little guy should NEVER claim to be too little to fight the big guys. Most action can be filed and discovery done representating yourself. Should be easy to have verified the roof repair timeline. Members should stick together and not turn on each other.......so personally, I would just mention what you are: 1) selling air; 2) lack of use of expiring points due to noavailability; 3) lack of control over increasing assessments; 4) obligated into perpituary (sp?)..even heirs; 5) unable to resell or give away; 6) differnt policies for different collections (things keep changing--no stability); 7) members have no collaborative/bargaining rights (lack of customer service). Those are enough reasons to run away fast! Did I miss any? Again, thank everyone for this forum to help us newbees who are doing the research! You have managed to get back at them with this public service!

michaeld414 wrote:
susana277 wrote:
Really, until and unless DRI roles back their maintenance fees to a rate that is within industry standards they will be unable to recapture any good will from their members. A satisfied customer will speak about the company to a few people but a dissatisfied customer will speak to many, many more. Which is why of course, DRI has a gag order attached to their termination document. The word does seem to be out about them more than before.


If anyone expects DRI to change, you live in Fairy Land... In my opinion DRI is an ongoing criminal fraud enterprise, like the Mafia or the Drug Cartels minus the violence, but criminal none the less... They will do and say anything they can to get your money... Yes, those who have been defrauded will speak loudly and often about their experiences, and DRI will threaten anyone who dares speak up, but they do not want to give credibility to any former member by actually taking them to court as that brings attention to their manner of business... Contrary to some opinions going to court alone as one party is expensive and time consuming, the COPP group had a great suit filed but settled out of court and betrayed all of its members by doing so... They never forced the case to court and discovery, where DRI was vulnerable to having to open their books...
In my opinion any Vacation Timeshare is a fraud if they use the points system as opposed to the old system of units X weeks, points is like selling air, that is why they have adopted this business model

Avatar for westw westw

3 months ago
Jun 26, 2014

Paying the maint fees is for the coming year, yes?

When you say you 'walked away from your points', do you mean you paid your maintenance fee and then walked? You did not use any of the points?

Last edit by javag on Aug 27, 2014 03:43 PM.

Avatar for javag javag

1 month ago
Aug 27, 2014

davidk689 wrote:
The old system was a fraud as well. Most of us were told what a great "investment" we were getting during those high-pressure sales presentations. False information about resale value was also given. In my case they told the truth about the units at my resort being almost sold out, but once they were actually sold out the developers just started selling "memberships" in some sort of "vacation club", which was essentially the same thing but without a deed. As I've said before, the people in this business are the lowest form of slime to share the planet with us. They should all be rotting in prison.


Maybe is was fraud in some of those resorts using the old system, but the straight up limit of members was the number of units x 51 with one week for maint.
I just saw an ad on this very RED WEEK site yesterday where the Point of Poipu is selling Christmas Week vacations for 211$ per night for Two Bedroom units... I will bet there are members trying to get reservations for the Christmas Holidays and are NOT able to... But DRI is selling those days at less than the Annual Maintenance fee's per day for members who paid 10's of thousands $$ for their membership

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

1 month ago
Sep 10, 2014

I've owned for something over 10 years. I would like to understand what the person said when they said they walked away from the points.

Also, the points vs the week. I was sold the week and it converted into points. I like points a LOT better. I can go for 2 days instead of a week, which is my norm.

However, it's getting close to the end of the year and if the explanation is to pay for the points and walk away without using them, I need to know. Or what about paying and using half?

Avatar for javag javag

1 month ago
Sep 11, 2014

javag wrote:
I've owned for something over 10 years. I would like to understand what the person said when they said they walked away from the points.

Also, the points vs the week. I was sold the week and it converted into points. I like points a LOT better. I can go for 2 days instead of a week, which is my norm.

However, it's getting close to the end of the year and if the explanation is to pay for the points and walk away without using them, I need to know. Or what about paying and using half?


I walked away from my points with DRI... We paid 53,000 plus for 31,000 points, CASH.... Became so fed up with their lies and the never ending increases, we could not get reservations when we had the time to use them.. So we walked away, did not pay the assessment for the water incursion, was one of the founding members of the members group that later became COPP, which turned out to be a sell out... We had used all of the points that we paid fee's on and then paid the next years fee's when due... When we walked they refunded the fee's... Now I do not know why they would not keep doing that, after all they kept our $$$ 53,000 +

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

1 month ago
Sep 12, 2014

Thank you for your answer.
Did you write them a letter and tell them you were no longer using them? How did they know to refund your fees?
the $53k is what you paid to buy the 31k points, yes?

I have 4000 pts, which I save up every year, bc I never have the time and the money at the same time, and, like you say they never have availability. Amazing how with SO MANY properties there is never availability.

thank you again for answering. It helps me plan my future.

Avatar for javag javag

1 month ago
Sep 13, 2014

[Q=michaeld41...was one of the founding members of the members group that later became COPP, which turned out to be a sell out...

Michael, I was one of the "named plaintiffs" in the lawsuit. Between the COPP attorneys and the big buck judicial mediator I was led to believe that if we did not agree to the mediated settlement that the litigation could drag out for months or years, cost vast amounts of money and there was a good chance we would not gain anymore; or even lose the suit and wind up with nothing. I'm a retired healthcare professional, not an attorney. The advice of the lawyers and the mediator was to accept the settlement.

Last edit by bruceb306 on Sep 13, 2014 11:46 AM.

Avatar for bruceb306 bruceb306

1 month ago
Sep 13, 2014

bruceb306
michaeld41...was one of the founding members of the members group that later became COPP, which turned out to be a sell out...

Michael, I was one of the "named plaintiffs" in the lawsuit. Between the COPP attorneys and the big buck judicial mediator I was led to believe that if we did not agree to the mediated settlement that the litigation could drag out for months or years, cost vast amounts of money and there was a good chance we would not gain anymore; or even lose the suit and wind up with nothing. I'm a retired healthcare professional, not an attorney. The advice of the lawyers and the mediator was to accept the settlement.[/Q

No settlement should have ever been agreed to until after the DISCOVERY PROCESS of a lawsuit, make them open their books, make them disclose their violations of the BY LAWS, the way they do business, expose the sales rhetoric vs the actual manner of the business operations, etc. There would have been an entirely different attitude on DRI's part had their internal workings been exposed, membership could have been solicited to testify at depositions etc... YES lawsuits could and are very expensive, if they were not prepared to go forward why file it at all...

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

1 month ago
Sep 14, 2014

A person files, either collectively or individually, to get redress for the wrongs committed against them. Not to fight for someone else. If someone wants discovery, then they will need to do that for themselves.

Heck, DRI is responsible for my finger getting slammed in the sliding glass door at Kohl's Ranch in june of '14. They refuse to pay the medical bill. They sent me a form that they will give me back the points used, but won't do anything else. see below.

It was my pleasure to speak with you this morning. Following our conversation, I wanted to reply to your email with an update to your questions and a recap of our conversation for your records.

We received your fax with your claim letter and bills on 09/02/14.

The claims committee has decided to offer to refund the 400 points for your stay as a Gesture of Good Will. Unfortunately, your medical claim has been denied. On 09/09/14 we mailed out a release of all claims for the 400 points to be returned to your account.

We are waiting for you to send us back your signed and notarized release. If you do, we will carry out the points refund. If not, and you are requesting further documentation from our claims committee please send your request to the Risk Management Department:

Diamond Resorts International

10600 West Charleston Boulevard

Las Vegas, NV 89135

Or, if you would like to fax us your request, you can fax it to (702)765-8767 attention Risk Management. This includes the letter you are requesting stating the denial of the medical bill claim.

As I mentioned, your request for a reservation to be made for the dates you requested or to be given enough points that would allow for that reservation to be made has been denied as well. As you do not have sufficient points in 2014 for this request, I would be happy to help you obtain that reservation for next year (subject to availability) or you can use the new Diamond Flexibility member benefit where members can rent one time use points. For valued Club members like yourself you pay for points at a rate of only $.30 per point.

I hope you have found this information helpful.
Best Wishes,

Brandi Alexander | Social Media Specialist | Diamond Resorts International® | Tel: 702.823.7533| Fax: 702.240.2576 |

these people are asshats.

Avatar for javag javag

1 month ago
Sep 15, 2014

Unbelievable stones! They are trying to sell you points in a letter to deny your claim!

Avatar for davidl712 davidl712

1 month ago
Sep 15, 2014

Yeah. no kidding, trying to sell me points.

My finger was slammed by the sliding glass door when I pushed on it when it stuck and my hand was on the other side. An accident report was taken, the door was fixed and they are denying the claim? No wonder the GM of that property left DRI within a month of this happening. Plus the fact they worked him almost to death. He was changing sheets and doing housekeeping because they can't keep workers there.

I wrote back and asked why it was denied.

Avatar for javag javag

1 month ago
Sep 16, 2014

assuming you have health insurance and filed a claim for the treatment you received, your insurance company should be going after them to recover anything they put out.

You might also want to file small claims against them and/or report the safety violation to the Gila County Health Dept.

javag wrote:
Yeah. no kidding, trying to sell me points.

My finger was slammed by the sliding glass door when I pushed on it when it stuck and my hand was on the other side. An accident report was taken, the door was fixed and they are denying the claim? No wonder the GM of that property left DRI within a month of this happening. Plus the fact they worked him almost to death. He was changing sheets and doing housekeeping because they can't keep workers there.

I wrote back and asked why it was denied.

Avatar for davidk689 davidk689

1 month ago
Sep 16, 2014

As I have said many many times, and again it is just my opinion, and I have no evidence other than all of these stories as well as my own... DRI IS AN ONGOING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE, selling you air, while showing you pictures of Paradise, they would screw their mother's out of their assests if given a chance.... Again just my opinion

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

1 month ago
Sep 16, 2014

I am thinking of small claims court. They wrote back and this is what they said:

Dear ___,
We have received your Sept. 19th fax.

Enclosed is the requested copy of the report your completed.

Your claim was carefull evaluated by the claims committee. Maintenance responded to your unit to fix the sliding glass door on the vening of June 2, 2014. He was only able to apply WD-40 in the track at that time due to your request for the door to be repaired the next day after 10 a.m. The incident that occurred was at 8:30 a.m. prior to the specified arrival time of maintenance. Therefore, you would be aware that the door needed repair, and due to your request it would not be repaired until after 10 a.m. The claims committee failed to see any liability on the part of the resort.

Our offer of the 400 point returned to your account as a gesture of goodwill remains. Please have your signature notarized on the enclosed settlement and release agreement. Upon receipt of the xecuted settlement documens, we shall refund the points back to your account.

Sincerely,

Risk Management Team

And that's NOT what went down or the way it happened.

davidk689 wrote:
assuming you have health insurance and filed a claim for the treatment you received, your insurance company should be going after them to recover anything they put out.

You might also want to file small claims against them and/or report the safety violation to the Gila County Health Dept.

javag wrote:
Yeah. no kidding, trying to sell me points.

My finger was slammed by the sliding glass door when I pushed on it when it stuck and my hand was on the other side. An accident report was taken, the door was fixed and they are denying the claim? No wonder the GM of that property left DRI within a month of this happening. Plus the fact they worked him almost to death. He was changing sheets and doing housekeeping because they can't keep workers there.

I wrote back and asked why it was denied.

Avatar for javag javag

4 weeks ago
Sep 24, 2014

page 43 of 43

«prev page   1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests
Log in or sign up for free

I Want To…

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »