preview the new redweek.com!

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 42 of 42

«prev page   1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42   next page»

Message Author

With regards to checking with the HOA, DRI undoubtedly IS the HOA and will tell you whatever they need you to believe. They seize control of the HOA Boards at all of their resorts then the fees climb very quickly. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DRI!

2 months ago
Jan 30, 2014

davidl712 wrote:
With regards to checking with the HOA, DRI undoubtedly IS the HOA and will tell you whatever they need you to believe. They seize control of the HOA Boards at all of their resorts then the fees climb very quickly. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DRI!

Last year I rec'd the notice from the HOA for Los Abrigados about the upcoming board mtg/election. Informed them in writing I wanted to be on the board and sent in a qualifications brief. Never heard a thing back from them. Board mtg came and went, never rec'd any info abt what happened there or who was elected to the board. No info on how/who to contact. Prev board had majority members who were in some way connected to DRI. Assume it is the same now.

2 months ago
Jan 31, 2014

Go to Diamondresortshoa.com and log in with your username and password. I just found this and it looks like some interesting reading. There are no minutes since 2009. There are meeting presentations up to 2013. There are no bylaws, no newsletters. There is a one page budget. I called Diamond and asked who to contact for more information but the representative could not tell me. There is email contact through the web site and I sent a message. Let's see if I get a reply.

davidk689 wrote:
davidl712 wrote:

Last year I rec'd the notice from the HOA for Los Abrigados about the upcoming board mtg/election. Informed them in writing I wanted to be on the board and sent in a qualifications brief. Never heard a thing back from them. Board mtg came and went, never rec'd any info abt what happened there or who was elected to the board. No info on how/who to contact. Prev board had majority members who were in some way connected to DRI. Assume it is the same now.

Avatar for robertr558 robertr558

2 months ago
Jan 31, 2014

I was unable to find Sedona Vacation Club HOA, Inc. (the hoa for deeded owners at los abrigados) through the search interface provided by the arizona corporation commission. are they incorporated in anothe state? If so why and is that legal? something doesn't smell right.

2 months ago
Feb 01, 2014

The entire Timeshare Industry in the World is a model of a corrupt business of selling dreams that are far more than that industry will ever deliver... They sell more than they can accommodate, the old model of selling 51 weeks for each unit in a resort was a fair business model... The points system is a fraud, they can sell as many points as possible, and when you try to book your vacation and its not available, because someone is in it that the management wants to sell to and they are not members, how does anyone know. And on top of that they get the best rooms that have been updated so they can be sold... Most of these points systems have more members and time / unit obligations than they can ever provide, and the HOA associations are controlled by those within the management, that is why most who work in that industry are members, so they can control the Boards..

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

2 months ago
Feb 01, 2014

Scottsdale Villa Mirage

susani67 wrote:
File complaints with your State's Bureau of Real Estate and the Better Business Bureau. Don't know if it will help yet, but that's what I'm doing.

Forget the BBB. All they require is an answer from the company and it doesn't matter what that answer is. "Screw you" is fine with them & the BBB then closes your case .

2 months ago
Feb 01, 2014

robertr558 wrote:
Go to Diamondresortshoa.com and log in with your username and password. I just found this and it looks like some interesting reading. There are no minutes since 2009. There are meeting presentations up to 2013. There are no bylaws, no newsletters. There is a one page budget. I called Diamond and asked who to contact for more information but the representative could not tell me. There is email contact through the web site and I sent a message. Let's see if I get a reply.

To follow up on this I found out the following on the HOA website referred to by Robert and by some further Googling as well:

(1) 2006 through 2009 there were no annual meeting. Directors were elected and actions taken through "consent documents" supposedly in accordance with ARS 10-3821 (will have to look this up). Directors all appear to be affiliated with ILX.
(2) For 2010 there is NOTHING
(3) 2011 there is a meeting. It appears DRI has taken over by this point. No documentation is provided relating to the ILX bankruptcy and DRI takeover or how that relates to the HOA.

(4) The three 2014 Board Officers: Frank Goeckel, President; Linda Riddle, Vice President; and Kathy Wheeler, Secretary/Treasurer are ALL EMPLOYEES OF DRI.

(5) There are two other directors who do not appear to be employees of DRI. I found their contact info elsewhere online:

Robert Braatz, Director - a retired Air Force pilot living in Flagstaff
4855 E Crestview St
Flagstaff, AZ 86004-5201
(928) 526-2209

Ann Teich, Director - a mortgage loan underwriter in the Phoenix area
506 W. Grandview Road
Phoenix, AZ, 85023
(602) 439-5555

It would be interesting to hear what these people might have to say about the issues being raised in this discussion (as well as others on RedWeek which touch on Los Abrigados and/or the kind of management being provided by DRI.

2 months ago
Feb 01, 2014

I receive a notice of annual meeting, a ballot to elect the board and minutes of that meeting from Grand Beach, where I own. I have always assumed that was what I was supposed to get. I do not receive anything additional from DRI.

Avatar for annetter60 annetter60

2 months ago
Feb 02, 2014

If you live in California, the CLUB is not legally allowed to do business in the State. License forfeited. All other concerns/problems should be reported the the Attorney General's Office through the Public Inquiry Unit. There is an on-line form that can be filled out and sent electronically or mailed in. I assume there are similar consumer protection divisions in other states for reporting DRI's abuses. This is the only was to stimulate some interest from law-makers regarding regulating timeshare companies that operate the way Diamond Resorts International does.

1 month ago
Feb 27, 2014

I had it with these lying bastards ... I am no longer
Going to pay into this scam ... I owe 14000 dollars
But I don't care I will not pay for lots of money and get nothing
In return ... I have to abide by the contract while Diamond resort
Can change the contract ... Sad that they can ruin my great credit
After they breached the contract .. I hope they go bankrupt

1 month ago
Mar 06, 2014

domenicke wrote:

You can challenge any act to hurt your credit, you can also challenge them publicly, as well as take them to "small claims court" where they are not allowed to bring a lawyer, and have to defend there actions.. They are like drug addicts, they are addicted to your money, if you and the hundreds of others who have been lied to just walk away, they will begin to feel the squeeze... We walked away leaving our 56,000 $$ investment paid for, we refused to continue paying over $325 per day maintenance... This is as much a Ponzi scheme as any others, selling air... Of course all of this is my opinion, as DRI love to threaten people who complain

Avatar for michaeld414 michaeld414

1 month ago
Mar 06, 2014

michaeld414 wrote:
domenicke wrote:

You can challenge any act to hurt your credit, you can also challenge them publicly, as well as take them to "small claims court" where they are not allowed to bring a lawyer, and have to defend there actions.. They are like drug addicts, they are addicted to your money, if you and the hundreds of others who have been lied to just walk away, they will begin to feel the squeeze... We walked away leaving our 56,000 $$ investment paid for, we refused to continue paying over $325 per day maintenance... This is as much a Ponzi scheme as any others, selling air... Of course all of this is my opinion, as DRI love to threaten people who complain

Have you or anyone you know taken DRI to Small Claims?

1 month ago
Mar 06, 2014

DRI needs more reviews on Yelp: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/diamond-resorts-sedona

Avatar for robertr558 robertr558

1 month ago
Mar 09, 2014

No company I know would allow control of their board to a vendor, yet that is how the board of the US Collection is comprised.

How can the board, whose prime duty is to select the management company ever going to consider anyone other than DRI as the management company when three of the five board members are DRI employees?

5 days ago
Apr 18, 2014

I am an owner at Polo Towers and thankfully stopped the paperwork within 5 days after I bought into the Diamond Resorts group. I am not happy with Polo's fees or how the bar got takes to use for sales presentations.

My reply to your message is that WorldMark timeshares that I also own is not a scam like Diamond. I am very happy with the debt free group.

Avatar for annette237 annette237

5 days ago
Apr 18, 2014

page 42 of 42

«prev page   1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42   next page»

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests

I Want To…