Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Sep 29, 2020

You probably resolved your Hilton dispute because of this lawsuit

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Elder-v-Hilton-1st-amended-complaint.pdf

Irene P.
Oct 04, 2020

A member I referred to Seniors Vs Crime just notified me that Seniors Vs Crime, a Special Project of the Office of the Florida Attorney General, can now accept timeshare complaints from any timeshare except Diamond Resorts. So, it's back to the timeshare division DBPR's typical response, "verbal representations are hard to prove" letter. Lobbyists at work. It's still important to file because in 2019 it was reported at a Florida legislative workshop I attended, that the OAG received approximately 4,000 timeshare complaints over 2 1/2 years, mostly about the initial sales presentation, 50% reported by seniors, they acted on 42, mostly about resales. ARDA and Diamond's CEO are frequently quoted as saying, "Timeshare is a highly regulated product." Maybe the timeshare product is regulated, but those selling it can get away with anything. Our volunteers have received multiple complaints against the same Florida agents. One had the pencil pitch proving her position. The response was that "we don't know if you were given that or if you took it." I guess that means evidence obtained illegally is not admissible.

A Maverick resort owner filed a complaint with DBPR. Her reviewer suggested she contact an exit company. I was flabbergasted.

I thank RedWeek for allowing me to post. ARDA and the developers control the media and the message. I have few outlets to voice what members report.

Irene P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.