General Discussion

Grupo Mayan

Nov 18, 2009

We recently bought and are happy you say everything is wonderful. We plan to use our weeks, although they did give us extra weeks and we would like to rent some--is everything related to the brokers and renting/selling weeks the scam people say it is or have you done any of that?

Jeff Z.
Nov 19, 2009

Advice Rent yourself and do not trust them. Go on redweek or craigs list or friends. Do not fall for that they will rent for you. That is a never.

Vivian M.
Nov 19, 2009

Kudos to you and have fun. I so agree wiht you. Correct Acap and Riveria are adistance form road and need cab to get to Playa de Carmen or Acap City. I must say, Riveria is great. All one needs on site and great par 54 course. Close by. We have a grand tme.

Purchase to use while we have health. god Bless.

Vivian M.
Nov 21, 2009

Question. How can I do this? I have weeks with Grupo Mayan and I dont know how to do it. How do I list it, what info do I put on the listing, etc. Can someone help me? I am a new owner and havent done it yet. I would like to try to get my weeks used up before the year is done. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Scott E.
Jan 05, 2010

we own grand Lux villa and just tried to book for next dec. we were told that they are all book up.. what in heck we are quite upset. why spend money for an upgrade and you cant use it..

Kendall W.
Jan 05, 2010

I agree with you.

Vivian M.
Jan 17, 2010

We just upgraded in Dec also but were told if they didn't get availability they would give you your maintenance fee back. You should check your contracted out.

Tammy B.
Feb 01, 2010

go to the presentation only if you are open to purchasing a time share. I would not go if I have already decided not to purchase.

The 10% savings for participating is not worth the headache and very real possibility that you will purchase something that you really dont need with money you need elsewhere.

Dann G.
Feb 01, 2010

my wife and I bought Mayan Palace in 2002 and have since upgraded 4 times, we now own Grand Luxxe Villa. we have not yet had the pleasure of staying in the Luxxe, but are looking forward to spending our 20th anniversary at the one in Nuevo Vallarta in Oct.

In answer to your question re PV, the property is very nice but I reccommend the Nuevo Vallarta property, out of town, a little more isolated but very nice, the pool ammenities are unsurpassed, including wave pools, water slides and lazy river.

Dann

Dann G.
Feb 01, 2010

I had the same problem, I believe that this will be a problem until several of the properties have the luxxe Villas built.

The invintory simply not enough to keep up with sales.

Dann G.
Feb 03, 2010

Dann, You will be pleasantly surprised for the Grand Luxxe. Just returned form Nuevo. The Luxxe was to open thqt weekend. Just beautiful. And do they work to get things done. Second Luxxe almost last floor finished and Grand Bliss as well. You certainly will enjoy. Just tons of ground work. It is sure to be a fabulous resort when done.

You will surely enjoy. We are Grand Bliss owners but, were staying at the Mayan Palace. Quite frankly, the pool(though smaller b/c of construction) was less crowded than Grand Mayan. The Grand Mayan pool is so congested. The area seems tight. Have fun and Happy anniversary.

Vivian M.
Feb 18, 2010

Grand Luxxe opened in Puerto Vallarta last week for occupying

Neil M.
Feb 18, 2010

Would anyone share the price they paid for their Grand Luxxe weeks?

Neil M.
Feb 18, 2010

I am sure you will receive al different prices and conditions depending if their quota was met or not for that particulare week.

Vivian M.
Feb 19, 2010

I assumed so. Just looking for a range. $25,000/$50,000/$100,000 per week, etc

Neil M.
Mar 01, 2010

Here is a question I have not seen asked or answered. We currently own GM and are pretty happy with it. We have not tried renting, but we are not surprised to hear the lack of confidence in that endeavor. Here is my question...

There are many places (ebay, timeshares only, etc.) where you can find Mayan properties for sale. Some you can get quite cheap (i.e. ebay= 2bdrm annual GM for under $5K). My question is, as an owner who is indeed interested in upgrading often to eventually get to Grand Luxxe or villas in retirement, would getting some of these "extra" weeks from the internet actually increase my trade in value when it comes to upgading? It would seem to me that it would, because the last time we upgraded, they gave us a price for what we currently owned and showed what the price would have been if we owned more. Thus, if I have an extra week in the GM then I have more equity to trade up. Anyone have an opinion or know how that would work? Thanks

Clayton L.
Mar 01, 2010

You're on the right track....

Bob J.
Mar 03, 2010

so they say. Every year they come up with some thing different. For example a Gran Mayan was promised to be built in Puerto Vallarta across the street from the Mayan marina 5 years ago. People bought the Grand for that reason and are still waiting. This year they say???? that it will now be the Grand Bliss. So those poor folks who bought because it would have been the Grand Mayan got shafted. I visited friends who were in The Grand Luxxe Villa 2 weeks ago. Wow impressive. How ever they tried to reserve for next year one year in advance and were told they were totally booked. Hmmmm!

Maureen F.
Mar 03, 2010

I bought Grand Mayan through Holiday and traded it for my Grand Luxxe and was rewarded quite nicely. more than 10 times what I paid for it.

I would buy secondary market, but be aware that the transfer fee can be as much or more than the purchase price as Mayan requires 10% of the original sales price for transfer.

Dann G.
Mar 10, 2010

Thanks Danng. I appreciate the opinion. When you bought yours, was the transfer easy? When they say 10% of original purchase price, is that net or gross? What was actually paid, or what Mayan is using as sales price? Any idea?

Clayton L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.