Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Sunday to Sunday Rental

Aug 15, 2008

Is it possible to get a timeshare rental for a Sunday to Sunday or are they all on a Saturday to Saturday basis?

Thanks,

Jamie

Stephen W.
Aug 15, 2008

Yes but it is not overly common or the norm. I've stayed Sunday to Sunday on trades in the past. The places that do it usually are quite large and have units available on many different days. I'm guessing it is done because logistically for maid service and check-in in a huge place would be next to impossible for mega resort to turn around between 10am and 4pm on a Saturday.

Dave S.
Aug 15, 2008

Hi, My T/S is Sun. to Sun. The reason is for cleaning/office support. It is a large resort. Depending on Condo location, checkin is Th-Sun.

Tony L.
Aug 16, 2008

stephen214 wrote:
Is it possible to get a timeshare rental for a Sunday to Sunday or are they all on a Saturday to Saturday basis?

Thanks,Jamie

Not only are there sun-sun check-ins, there are also fri-fri check-ins as well as sat-sat. If you have a RCI or II catalog, it states when check-ins are available at the various resorts.

R P.
Aug 19, 2008

Jamie I think most larger resorts have fri/sat/sun check-ins for the reason others have talked about.

We own at the Ridge Tahoe and with Nine buildings it would be impossible to clean all on one day.

It would also be impossible to check this many families in on one day.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Aug 19, 2008 05:07 PM

Aug 20, 2008

Never thought about this before, just wondering if there is any loss of value for a Sun-Sun or Thursday-Thursday resort. Ideally most people function w/ Sat-Sat and I wonder if other days offset them and keep them away thereby minimizing the demand and keeping trading value down. Or is it strictly done by resort/area and time of year?

Dave S.
Aug 20, 2008

daves250 wrote:
Never thought about this before, just wondering if there is any loss of value for a Sun-Sun or Thursday-Thursday resort. Ideally most people function w/ Sat-Sat and I wonder if other days offset them and keep them away thereby minimizing the demand and keeping trading value down. Or is it strictly done by resort/area and time of year?

I don't think it minimizies demand or trade value as to whatever day check-in/check-out is. At least I've never seen it discussed as a problem on all the timeshare forums I've read throughout the years.

As phil said, many larger resorts have different check-in/check-out days due to having many areas. It would be a madhouse (more than it already is at 4 p.m.) if every resort's areas checked in the same day/time.

R P.
Aug 27, 2008

stephen214 wrote:
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ONE? WHERE?

Thanks,

Jamie

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ONE? WHERE?

Fran B.
Sep 03, 2008

It does depend on the resort.

We own with Starwood (Westin and Sheraton) and they vary with the three different weekend days depending on the resort you chose. If you book in within 90 days you can arrive on any day and stay less than 7 days.

We also own at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and they used to be Mon-Mon but now only RCI and fixed weeks are on that schedule. They got so big that you can arrive on any day except Mon. This year Wed-Wed and the airfares are better!

Anne

Anne G.
Sep 06, 2008

stephen214 wrote:
Is it possible to get a timeshare rental for a Sunday to Sunday or are they all on a Saturday to Saturday basis? Thanks, Jamie

Jamie when you check out rental sites that have Sunday check-ins remember that owners stating floating weeks can book a Sunday check-in easier than other days because the later in the year and Sundays would still be open at most resorts!

PHILL12

Phil L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.