Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Frenchman's Cove Property Taxes

Aug 15, 2008

Was anyone surprised to hear property taxes are additional to annual maintanance fees ?

Thomas D.
Aug 16, 2008

thomasd131 wrote:
Was anyone surprised to hear property taxes are additional to annual maintanance fees ?

Some resorts (or the county) bill property taxes separate from maintenance fees, however many resorts bill taxes in with maintenance fees.

R P.
Aug 16, 2008

jayjay wrote:
thomasd131 wrote:

Some resorts (or the county) bill property taxes separate from maintenance fees, however many resorts bill taxes in with maintenance fees.

Thomas D.
Aug 16, 2008

Yes , I purchased a unit in 2006 but have never received a property tax bill. I assumed it was in the annual maintanance. Just received a notice that taxes have been due for 2006-2008 ??

Thomas D.
Aug 16, 2008

I don't see a Frenchman's Cove resort in either II or RCI's catalog. Could it be under another name? Where is it located?

R P.
Aug 16, 2008

Never mind, I googled and it's actully called Marriott's Frenchman's Cove. You should be able to contact Marriott for your answer.

R P.
Aug 17, 2008

Thanks..tried that with no help/

Thomas D.
Aug 17, 2008

I own 4 weeks of Marriott and they have always told me the taxes are extra except for when we toured in Hawaii last Easter the salesperson sorta mentioned taxes (very softly) under his breath. Shame on them for not telling you! The only good news I can tell you is they are tax deductible as a vacation property (2nd home type thing). Your accountant should be able to tell you.

Sue G.
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone have any success in contacting someone in St Thomas tax dept to get updated tax bill? It sure woul be nice to have that info before two or three years go by!

Ruth

Ruth M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.