Mountainside Lodge

not quite true

Aug 22, 2008

Quote : "It is a quiet ski-in/ski-out location within walking distance of shops, restaurants, four championship golf courses, and base lifts to both mountains." Not quite true. I own in this resort. Yes it is located in a great area however it can get very very noisy at night once the bars in the area close down at night. Sound proofing is not what this resort is known for. I suggest you bring ear plugs, we have learned that is the way of dealing with the loud drunks outside on the street leaving the bars.

Tib C.
Oct 12, 2013

To us it was true- not noisy to us. We own week 9- great skiing, a VERY short walk to both Whistler and Blackcomb lifts. Great location with underground parking,but still at the walking only village. I think noise might be the week you owned-ours was quiet.

Thelma M.
Feb 20, 2015

We have two Whistler-Village timeshares in ski season -- week 12 here and week 4 in the nearby Whistlerview (Raintree Whiski Jack), and we consider MSL our quiet place, by comparison. The Whistlerview is right on Whistler's active and fun "Pedestrian Stroll", while MSL is on the other side of a row of buildings, on Sundial Crescent. So the WV gets much more noise when people leave the bars. Moreover, the WV -- like many of Whistler's older buildings -- is wood frame construction, so not at all sound-proofed. But MSL is a steel-and-concrete building, so somewhat quieter even when there's noise outside. The main noise we've noticed in MSL is when delivery trucks shift into reverse and start beeping. In Disneyland, I understand that the deliveries are made underground. In Whistler, they're made on the back side of the shops that face the Pedestrian Stroll, and that's where MSL is.

Norman R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.