Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

best value time share .com

Sep 05, 2008

I just got a call from someone from there. I've never heard of them. I know it's one of those scammers, who have closed up and now are restarting. My guess it's IBD marketing as I was getting calls from them and then they went out of business. Now this place, www.bestvaluetimeshare.com even says that they see I've listed my timeshare before. The only place I've listed is here on redweek. That's what's fishy.

Anyone else getting calls from them ??

Ben D.
Sep 29, 2008

This company called me asking if I would be interested in renting my time shares. We talked. They finally sent me a "sample contract" to review. I filled it out and called about it. They told me I would receive a contract after I was "on board." I asked what "on board" meant. They told me AFTER I paid their fee, they would send me a completed contract for my signature. WAIT A MINUTE. A contract AFTER I pay the fee? They continued to call for over 2 months. I ignored their calls until today. A Don Young introduced himself as a manager or supervisor or something. During the conversation he said something like " oh, yea, you're the one who wasn't going to pay . . . " I hung up the phone. Rude is being polite when describing his attitude and words. IN MY OPINION, BEST VALUE TIME SHARE IS NOT THE KIND OF BUSINESS I WILL DO BUSINESS WITH NOR WILL I RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE, EVER!

Bev N.
Sep 30, 2008

I love that company Best Value Timeshare. Whoever said that they are the company formerly known as IBD you are so wrong. Best Value TImeshare is a legit company that got my moms timeshare sold in 65 days and she received more than enough money from the sale. They were polite and very informative. So anybody that is thinking about their company should give them a chance. They worked for my family.

Malissa W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 30, 2008 02:34 PM

Sep 30, 2008

Malissaw2,

Did BestValueTimeshares require an upfront fee to sell your mom's timeshare? A sale in 65 days of listing for "more than enough money" by an upfront fee company is a statistical anomaly akin to a blind hog finding an acorn or the appearance of a black swan. The probability of this happening is so remote that it is not measurable. I am not skeptical of your veracity and would not even begin to suggest that you are a shill for BVT but it would still be helpful if you would disclose more information concerning the location, the season, and a more objective description of how "more than enough money" relates to her original purchase price.

Carvan A.

Last edited by carvana on Sep 30, 2008 08:03 AM

Sep 30, 2008

They recently called me and after I ask them if they were aware of the fines imposed by the courts for calling someone on the "Do Not Call" list, the phone went dead. Never did get an answer to my question.

Tim S.
Oct 01, 2008

malissaw2 wrote:
I love that company Best Value Timeshare. Whoever said that they are the company formerly known as IBD you are so wrong. Best Value TImeshare is a legit company that got my moms timeshare sold in 65 days and she received more than enough money from the sale. They were polite and very informative. So anybody that is thinking about their company should give them a chance. They worked for my family.

shill, shill, shill btw, did they charge an upfront fee BEFORE they supposedly (yeah right!) sold your mom's timeshare?

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 01, 2008 07:25 AM

Dec 29, 2008

I am so glad I looked here. Tonight a "Melissa" called and said she is calling on behalf of Beach Quarters and asked if I wanted to rent my week. I told her no but I was interested in selling it...now all of a sudden "Dennis Younger" the manager got on the phone and said he would waive the fee to rent it because I was going to sell it so it would only be $982.oo and no more costs would be imposed..So after I said I had to talk to my husband he said "I'll call back in an hour"...I told him he was at work. Again he was pushing me to give him my credit card so we could finish up the deal??? I immediately came and looked up the web site...There is a website but it looks suspicious..I am very skeptical all the time . Thank you all!

Susan J.
Dec 29, 2008

susanj37 wrote:
I am so glad I looked here. Tonight a "Melissa" called and said she is calling on behalf of Beach Quarters and asked if I wanted to rent my week. I told her no but I was interested in selling it...now all of a sudden "Dennis Younger" the manager got on the phone and said he would waive the fee to rent it because I was going to sell it so it would only be $982.oo and no more costs would be imposed..So after I said I had to talk to my husband he said "I'll call back in an hour"...I told him he was at work. Again he was pushing me to give him my credit card so we could finish up the deal??? I immediately came and looked up the web site...There is a website but it looks suspicious..I am very skeptical all the time . Thank you all!

Not sure if Beach Quarters is Your resort or a listing company?

You did the right thing in not giving them your credit card number.

Sounds like the lady passed you off to the closer as soon as you said you wanted to sell your unit.

Do much more checking on this company and 95% chance you will not sign on with them as you have already proved to have some smarts!

The rush of calling back in a hour was to hurry you into giving them money without thinking about the fact you might be getting scammed.

With all these shills coming out lately it is obvious there hurting from all of us owners trying to get the word out.

Anyone with a little sense should see something is up when some company calls them at home about their timeshare. After couple direct question like is there a upfront fee and I don't care what you call it. Couple questions and you showing little or no interest and the tone changes or they turn you over to the manager (closer) who is as bad as a used car salesman. At this point you will get yelled out or cussed at or insulted and doesn't this make you want to give these parasites your hard earned money.

Most people will be nice and listen. After saying no and getting this rough treatment from some phone jockey you have to ask why are you being so nice to a jerk,scammer who is trying to just steal your money?

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Dec 29, 2008 09:54 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.