Sep 07, 2008

Does anyone know the best way to sell my Florida time share? Please advise of attorney, real estate company or a timeshare company with no upfront fees.

Douglas B.
Sep 08, 2008

Thanks! I will check out the web site. Doug

Douglas B.
Oct 24, 2008

douglasb37 wrote:
Does anyone know the best way to sell my Florida time share? Please advise of attorney, real estate company or a timeshare company with no upfront fees.

I would try ebay, its cheap, but do not exspect much. I do not know which resort you have, but in most cases they sell for virtually nothing if you can find a buyer.

John D.
Nov 05, 2008

i have a time share that i really want to sell i want companies that dont take upfront fees can anyone help?

Waleed A.
Nov 06, 2008

waleeda10 wrote:
i have a time share that i really want to sell i want companies that dont take upfront fees can anyone help?

This may not be the answer you want to hear, but the simple truth is that the most effective way to sell a timeshare is to do it yourself --- not rely on someone else to somehow do it for you. Find out what weeks like yours are selling for (look at closed auction listings on eBay to do so), then place competitively priced ads in places like RedWeek, MyResortNetwork, Bidshares (free), Craigslist (also free), even eBay itself. Yes, It takes a little effort, but for less than $100 in total advertising costs, you can reach every potential buyer on Planet Earth. So why pay someone else MORE to do LESS?

KC
Nov 06, 2008

Hi. As I have said before, Ken gives sage advice. For what it is worth, I totally agree with him. Stan.

stanleyf5

Last edited by stanleyf5 on Nov 06, 2008 03:30 PM

Nov 14, 2008

This forum seems helpful, but has RedWeek been an effective method of seling/renting your timeshare?

Jay A.
Nov 14, 2008

jaya32 asks: >>... has RedWeek been an effective method of selling/renting your timeshare? << ============================================

The short answer is yes. Longer answer follows:

RedWeek is but one of several available sites on which to advertise timeshare weeks for sale or rent. In my own personal opinion and experience, RedWeek and MyResortNetwork are probably the two best sites on which to advertise (or find) good weeks for sale OR rent. Although I am a loyal TUG member, I don't personally believe TUG to be nearly as effective an advertising medium (although the TUG forums are certainly populated by better informed, more experienced and more knowledgeable folks than generally found participating in RedWeek forums).

Site recommendations aside, the particular week at issue must obviously be one in which anyone might be interested in buying or renting in the first place. Pricing must be competitive too. Low demand weeks or locations (or even desirable locations, but requiring very expensive airfares to reach), or overpriced weeks, will all generally sit idle in these tough economic times without generating much interest --- regardless of the advertising site.

I don't much care for eBay, personally, but it is arguably the best place to find rock bottom selling prices (witness all the $1 timeshare auction listings on eBay and/or Bidshares, many of which actually end with NO bidders). That said, there is also rarely much "wheat" to be found in all the "chaff" there (in my personal opinion, anyhow). There are 1,900 timeshares listed on eBay today alone --- and not more than a handful I'd even pay a dollar for, personally.

Just my two cents' worth; hope it helps you. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 14, 2008 08:26 AM

Nov 14, 2008

HI!

I sold a hawaii timeshare through Stroman. I got about 2/3 of what I purchased it for. Since Hawaii is a very "wanted" place, I could have sold it on my own for more money.(Great hindsight) They used a timeshare title company. All I can say is that it took 90 days to get my money and took them 6 months to record the deed. You could sell it on your own but use a timeshare title company.

I also purchased 3 weeks off this site and the seller and I worked together and used timeshare transfer,Inc. (877-849-0657. While it took longer than expected it did go off without a hitch. Good Luck!

Nancy S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.