Travel Tips & Advice

Where to eat in Cabo

Sep 12, 2008

My husband and I will be making our 2nd trip to Cabo soon. Any recommendations on favorite resturants. We've been to Edith's, Mi Casa and the Office.....what else is good as well as a good value?

Laura R.
Oct 07, 2008

We always go to Mariscos y Mazatlan downtown... never had a problem and always get fresh seafood with the locals..

Brianne R.
Jan 12, 2009

You must have found an unusual exchange in Cabo. most of the resorts have gone to manditory all-inclusive. if this was not disclosed to you beforehand, tough luck. but do not dispair,the all inclusive works out a lot lessexpensive and much better cuisine then a mystery meal in a strange restaurant. the heavenly concept 24/7 all you can eat and drink choice of eating times and menues,and never have to worry about crawling back to your room,between the arms of the police.

Charles K.
Jan 13, 2009

Thanks...we walked by that place many times but have yet to try it.....

Laura R.
Jan 13, 2009

Gee, I have never experienced what you are talking about and enjoy exploring Cabo and trying local cuisine. We have also found the people to be very friendly and have never had a problem making back to my hotel under my own power :)

Laura R.
Jan 14, 2009

laurar 160 : you take me way to serious, l am only having fun with you. charles671 P.S. we will be in Cabo july 13- 27th 2009 at the Club Casa Dorado for my 70th. so if any of you beautiful people out in cyber world are going to be in cabo at that time, we might be able to set up a actual face-face. charles671

Charles K.
Mar 18, 2009

Yes Mariscos y Mazatlan is awesome in my opinion. I would definitely suggest this place. Great Atmosphere.

Ron M.

Last edited by ronm224 on Mar 18, 2009 06:15 PM

Apr 17, 2009

Mi Casa is an excellent restaurant in Cabo with a great Cuban band and delicious mexican food. I first found out about them on http://www.cabosanlucasattractions.com

Chuck Y.
Apr 25, 2009

These are the cheap eats but I think very well worth it. Try out Gordo Lele's. Very affordable and delicious Tacos. Shrimp or Fish Tacos were very good. Theirs is the best, I think. You'll be surprised by the amount of shrimp he'll put on your plate. Made to order, $2 USD each. You might even be serenaded by the owner/chef himself. It's the #1 restaurant now in Trip Advisor.com. Since you're in that area, for dessert, try out the home made ice cream around the corner. Also 2 USD for 3 scoops. Enjoy!

Eleonor D.
Jul 01, 2009

Hi, I am planning to stay at Pueblo Bonito Sunset this summer. I heard that that price in Pueblo bonito restaurants are extremely expensive. Any advice on good restaurants that are reasonably priced and a close walk from Pueblo Bonito Sunset.

Graciela A.
Aug 27, 2009

Not all timeshares in Cabo are all-inclusive. Personally, I don't care for all-inclusive. I can eat at good restaurants for less than what the AI's charge and get something that is freshly prepared, not something that has been sitting out on a buffet table for who-knows-how-long?

I am interested in this thread because I haven't been to Cabo yet, but am looking forward to going. Many people on other forums have recommened Goro Lele's Tacos and the Office.

Denise R.
Oct 11, 2009

" staying at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach...where to eat less that is less expensive?..walking distance resturants...?

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach now has more than just a couple of resturants. The one which is not expensive at all is excellent and of course seemingly very popular and sometimes has a wait but that is one option. There is nothing "walking distance" in terms of places to eat. I suggest you take advantage of the free Pueblo Bonito Shuttle (hourly) to the Pueblo Bonito Rose which is on Medano Beach..You CAN walk to quite a few resturants from there.

Mary L R.
Nov 19, 2009

The Office is on Medono beach, fun, but expensive. Try Tabasco's same beach but less crowded. We like Mama's for breakfast on Hildago St. Awesome fresh fruit blended beverages at Uno Mas on the main strip behind the street market (across from Cabo Wabo). Best Mojito anywhere. Marina, try Ole'Ole for large servings and Tortillia soup. Best prices we found on fish taco and yummy is at Rosies on main hiway coming from Airport in San Jose del Cabo. Go off the beaten path for lower prices. Yes, you will pay more at the resorts. As far as all-inclusive. we have not encountered that yet. we have owned in Cabo for 5 years and all-inclusive was unheard of then.

Lori M.
Nov 19, 2009

Pueblo Bonito Sunset has one lower cost resturant: The Bistro . Their sandwiches are good. We had chile rellanos, chicken enchiladas and other dishes there that were INCREDIBLY good one night(PERFECTO!!! ) The chili rellanos were SO good, we went there a different night and ordered them again and they were not so good!When I told the waiter, he cut the my bill for them in half. Sunset Beach is sensitive to customer relations.. One time, staying in our timeshare there, the oven went out and the resort assistant manager was so apologetic that it could not be fixed that day that he treated the three of us to a full multicourse dinner (with wine and dessert even!) at La Nao. Steak/lobster etc. We figured it was a $400 meal when all was included. By the way...NOTHING is walking distance really....from Sunset unless you hike to the sister resort/hotel PB Pacifico owned by the same folks. If you want to eat out, take the free shuttle from PB Sunset to PB Rose in Cabo on Medano Beach and THEN walk to places .....

Mary L R.
Nov 20, 2009

We love Cabo (been there 11 times). We own at Sunset Beach and always get their Nachos and Marguaritas poolside on day of arrival. This is not an all inclusive resort and yes the bistro is not expensive. Also the outdoor dining at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco is a good choice.

The absolute best place for Tortilla Soup is O Mole Mio in the middle of downtown (by the building that looks like an igloo). Good 2 for 1 drinks.

Used to love the Marguaritavilla but it seems to have changed hands.

Most of the restaurants serve a fresh catch of the day. We have even found good Italian food. Just ask!!!

Anne G.
Mar 07, 2011

Los Cabos is the best Mexican restaurant situated in the city. It is located near downtown. I have eaten there at least ten times. I really like the food there. You should try it.

Rxd M.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 08, 2011 07:07 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.