Oct 09, 2008

Anyone familiar with Travel Exclusive out of Houston, TX? The BBB has no complaints on them and they offer to buy your timeshare. I have a meeting with them next week. Their web site is www.travelexclusive.org. Their address is 11755 W Little York Rd, Suite B 103, Houston, TX 77041. They say their licensed, bonded, and insured closing services are by Title Outlet Inc.

Any input would be appreciated.

Robert S.
Oct 10, 2008

roberts340 wrote:
Anyone familiar with Travel Exclusive out of Houston, TX? The BBB has no complaints on them and they offer to buy your timeshare. I have a meeting with them next week.
They will probably offer to take your TS if you pay THEM a few thousand dollars. In some cases, the owner thinks he/she is transferring the TS to the company, but in reality is only signing a power of attorney to allow the company to re-sell the TS at a later date (probably for $1.00 on eBay). In this case, the owner will continue to be responsible for MFs and SAs until the sale has been completed. Other companies may offer a "discount" to purchase a membership in a vacation club so the owner "feels" like he/she is getting something in return for the TS. In any case never pay anyone to take TS off your hands OR pay anyone an upfront fee to rent or sell your unit.

Mike N.
Oct 10, 2008

The brochure indicates that they will put the property into closing immediately and I will not have to pay any 2009 maintenance fees. I will give everyone feedback after I meet with these folks on Monday.

Robert S.
Oct 10, 2008

Hold onto your money until an attorney reads the contract and gives you the OK, otherwise the odds are you will "taken". Stan.

stanleyf5
Oct 10, 2008

Robert,

You should remember that Travel Exclusive can put your timeshare "into closing immediately" only when and/if you sign a deed transferring ownership to them or their designated grantee. Before you give them a signed deed you should make sure you have a signed contract from Travel Exclusive setting out the terms of the transaction signed by an authorized corporate officer.

They are not in business to help you but to make money. The closing company will either be owned or controlled by Travel Exclusive and the closing costs will be far in excess of a reasonable charge for the service. You will also be expected to pay the resort transfer fee. You will also be expected to validate that all 2008 fees are paid and there is no outstanding mortgage. You may even be expected to pay Travel Exclusive something to take the property.

The contract should have a reasonable time limit for the closing so that "their" closing company is not allowed to drag its feet until a buyer is found on EBay or elsewhere. You may be able to "unload" a timeshare that you were unable to sell or give away but you should be very wary and deal with Travel Exclusive as you would a hungry cobra.

Good luck!

Carvan A.
Dec 10, 2008

I have been playing around with the title outlet for now 5 months to transfer a time share I purchased and paid for. I have to call Title outlet constantly to have them follow-up on the transfer. They become very defensive and argumentative about having to perform their tasks. They lack professionalism and a caring to complete what they were paid to complete. I would avoid Title Outlet. If it is demanded to use Title outlet I would not buy the unit.

Richard S.
Feb 07, 2009

We too are dealing with Title Outlet, Inc. as the company Travel Exclusive uses to transfer title. It has been since Aug. 08 that we signed and paid Travel Exclusive. We did everything they required and time has lagged on because they have lost documents, (so they say) they have not had a response from our maintenenace company, ( not true, maint co. sent docs twice). Still they claim they have lost them. We have been contacted by another company saying this is the tactic they use to get your money, take too long so you cannot get it back, and probably try to sell on ebay. Who really knows? All we know is that they got our money in Aug. and nothing has been done to date. I called my credit card company and filled a complaint and inquiry to get our money back. Has anyone dealt with them and have their transaction completed?

Carmen A.
Feb 07, 2009

Did you do it? Has the trasaction been completed?

Carmen A.
Feb 07, 2009

Interesting! Travel Exclusive is operating out of Ocoee, Florida. Using Title Outlet, Inc. out of Florida as well.

They do have complaints against them. 2 in Nov. 08

Carmen A.
Mar 22, 2009

I met with travel exclusive back in september of 08 and the transfer of my timeshare is completed. My transfer was done through Title Outlet, Inc and was actually very smooth. It took a little while for me to get my paperwork, but once it was signed and sent back the transfer was completed within a few weeks. i had to pay a little bit of money to get it out of my name but i got the timeshare out of my hands. no more maintenance fee payments for me. im glad to get rid of that thing. i cant really complain about the measly amount of money i paid compared to the last 15 years i've been paying outrageous maintenance fees.

Melissa L.
Mar 22, 2009

We met with them in Aug. of 08 and still have not had transfer done. They finally paid our maint. dues 7 months later but still no transfer. How long till you got your paperwork back after you knew the transfer was complete?

Carmen A.
Apr 29, 2009

Carmena51,

I also met with Travel Exclusive around the time that you did, September, and my property was transferred in Janurary. i was told it takes 4-6 months for a transfer to be completed. i got my paperwork saying my transfer was completed at the beginning of Jan. this year.. so it took them a little over 3 months as i met with them at the end of september. Have you called Travel Exclusive at all? I called them a few times to get updates on my transfer, they were pretty helpful to me.

Alicia B.
May 08, 2009

re: "In any case never pay anyone to take TS off your hands OR pay anyone an upfront fee to rent or sell your unit."

How does one find a place that DOESN'T want upfront fees to rent or sell? Thanks!

P. J.
Feb 22, 2010

mike1536 wrote:
roberts340 wrote:
Anyone familiar with Travel Exclusive out of Houston, TX? The BBB has no complaints on them and they offer to buy your timeshare. I have a meeting with them next week.
They will probably offer to take your TS if you pay THEM a few thousand dollars. In some cases, the owner thinks he/she is transferring the TS to the company, but in reality is only signing a power of attorney to allow the company to re-sell the TS at a later date (probably for $1.00 on eBay). In this case, the owner will continue to be responsible for MFs and SAs until the sale has been completed. Other companies may offer a "discount" to purchase a membership in a vacation club so the owner "feels" like he/she is getting something in return for the TS. In any case never pay anyone to take TS off your hands OR pay anyone an upfront fee to rent or sell your unit.

Pam E.
Mar 08, 2010

Travel Exclusive folks hit the Denver, CO, vicinity in March 2010. They are using a Dayton, Ohio, address on their sales postcards, but claim that the parent company is in Florida, to where the Better Business Bureau website pointed when I looked them up. They are NOT a BBB accredited business, and BBB has given them a C- rating (beware!). The company wanted nearly $4,000 and my signature on the Power of Attorney. I didn't bite. I'm glad for these RedWeek forums ... thanks, guys!

Thomas C.
Mar 14, 2010

I don't think it is a good idea to do this. it will cost you a lot of money to do this

Barbara D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.