Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

names of reputable timeshare companies to rent my weeks

Oct 13, 2008

I need help and advice. I have Christmas week at a gold crown resort in Bentley Brook in MA of this year and bike week for the Daytona 500 of next year listed with TIMESHARESONLY and from what they are telling me, there have been no strong offers yet. Is it too early to expect replies or is the company just not providing me with the proper amount of visibility? These are very popular places and dates and still no responses, what can i do? Are there other companies or avenues i can pursue. Thanks for whatever help you all can provide.

David E.
Oct 14, 2008

Your best bet would be to list the weeks yourself on the various web sites. RedWeek, TUG, myresortnetwork, bidshares, and vacationtimesharerentals to name a few.

Also, if you haven't rented your Christmas week by early November, you can list your unit in the 'Last Minute Rentals' section of the TUG Forum (45 days prior to checkin, $700/week max rent).

Mike N.
Oct 15, 2008

davide81 wrote:
I need help and advice. I have Christmas week at a gold crown resort in Bentley Brook in MA of this year and bike week for the Daytona 500 of next year listed with TIMESHARESONLY and from what they are telling me, there have been no strong offers yet. Is it too early to expect replies or is the company just not providing me with the proper amount of visibility? These are very popular places and dates and still no responses, what can i do? Are there other companies or avenues i can pursue. Thanks for whatever help you all can provide.

I would assume you had to pay an upfront fee to TimesharesOnly to list your rental? Never pay an upfront fee to any company to sell or rent your week .... they're total scams.

R P.
Oct 17, 2008

Dear Mike1536,

Thanks for your advice on the avenues i could take to list my property for rental. I used Redweek and i have gotten an inquiry already. In the past, i used TIMESHARESONLY and the handled the legal aspects of past dealings including exchange of funds. My question is if i decide to rent this property to an eventual renter, how do i handle the legal part of the deal, eg damage to property, exchange of funds, etc. Please help me.

Thanks

David E.
Oct 17, 2008

remember when you do rent your units through Redweek, then the 'reputable' timeshare company that promised to sell and/or rent your timeshare guarantees the return of your money spent with them. Pester them till you get every red cent back!!! moorez

Capri M.

Last edited by capri1 on Oct 17, 2008 09:27 AM

Oct 17, 2008

davide81 wrote:
Dear Mike1536,

Thanks for your advice on the avenues i could take to list my property for rental. I used Redweek and i have gotten an inquiry already. In the past, i used TIMESHARESONLY and the handled the legal aspects of past dealings including exchange of funds. My question is if i decide to rent this property to an eventual renter, how do i handle the legal part of the deal, eg damage to property, exchange of funds, etc. Please help me. Thanks

You can handle the transaction yourself using a rental agreement (search sample rental agreement in the forums) or you can use an escrow service to hold all monies until the transaction is complete and the renters have left the unit.

R P.
Oct 18, 2008

jayjay wrote:
davide81 wrote:
Dear Mike1536,

Thanks for your advice on the avenues i could take to list my property for rental. I used Redweek and i have gotten an inquiry already. In the past, i used TIMESHARESONLY and the handled the legal aspects of past dealings including exchange of funds. My question is if i decide to rent this property to an eventual renter, how do i handle the legal part of the deal, eg damage to property, exchange of funds, etc. Please help me. Thanks

You can handle the transaction yourself using a rental agreement (search sample rental agreement in the forums) or you can use an escrow service to hold all monies until the transaction is complete and the renters have left the unit.

Jayjay,

There is now a rental agreement at this direct link http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/rw_sample_rental_agreement.pdf or under:

Resources Posting and Renting Your Timeshare #3 - Privately Managed Transaction #2

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 18, 2008 01:59 AM

Oct 23, 2008

jayjay wrote:
davide81 wrote:

I would assume you had to pay an upfront fee to TimesharesOnly to list your rental? Never pay an upfront fee to any company to sell or rent your week .... they're total scams.

Kevin C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.