Nov 01, 2008

when u sell a timeshare which is the best closing company and how much does it usually cost?

Ellen P.
Nov 01, 2008

ellensue wrote:
when u sell a timeshare which is the best closing company and how much does it usually cost?

A representative closing cost would be around $300; rarely less, sometimes more, depending on the company. Closing company will handle new deed preparation and county recording and will serve as escrow agent for any funds involved in the transaction. Closing costs are usually paid by the buyer (but sometimes paid by a "truly motivated" seller who just wants OUT of the ownership).

Some resorts also charge a "transfer fee" when an ownership changes hands. This cost can range from zero to several hundred dollars; it's entirely up to the individual resort. The transfer fee gets paid to the resort by the closing company, which has previously collected those funds from the buyer (i.e., any resort transfer fee charged is a separate cost and is NOT included within the basic closing company services fee). Transfer fee is often around $75, and is almost always a cost assumed by the buyer.

There are a number of reputable closing companies around. My own favorite is Timeshare Transfer, located in Vero Beach, FL (for the record, I have no affiliation with them whatsoever, besides that of having been a satisfied customer in numerous closings over the years as both a buyer and a seller). JRS Closing Services is also highly regarded, although I have not personally used them. PCS Closings is another about which I have read good things. Title insurance is NOT included within a closing company's basic services, but may be available through them at additional cost. In my personal opinion, however, title insurance is a waste of money in low cost transactions.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 02, 2008 06:05 AM

Nov 02, 2008

Thanks so much for your answer i will use your company u like.

Ellen P.
Nov 14, 2008

Usually this is a few hundred dollars. Do a google search on timeshare closings.

A few companies I know of is Resort Closings, Timeshare Transfers, and Backporch Closings

Vacation T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.