Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Using marketing companies to rent my timeshare

Dec 29, 2008

I just recently signed contracts with both Resort Marketing Equity and Resorts International Unlimited to rent my timeshare in Ft. Lauderdale. I have a total of 4 weeks/year and both companies promised me $2500 for each week. As of yet, I have not heard anything from either company. Just wondering if anyone has had experiences with either company and if so, what happened? I signed up with both companies because each said they would refund my money if the other company rented it first.

Kristen H.

Last edited by kristenh56 on Dec 29, 2008 10:54 AM

Dec 30, 2008

kristenh56 wrote:
I just recently signed contracts with both Resort Marketing Equity and Resorts International Unlimited to rent my timeshare in Ft. Lauderdale. I have a total of 4 weeks/year and both companies promised me $2500 for each week. As of yet, I have not heard anything from either company. Just wondering if anyone has had experiences with either company and if so, what happened? I signed up with both companies because each said they would refund my money if the other company rented it first.

Companies that charge upfront fees in the hundreds to thousands of dollars are all scams. You can list your week yourself on Redweek, MyResortNetwork and TUG for a nominal fee and these sites get thousands of internet hits each day from people looking for sales and rentals.

The key is to list your rental or sale at a very competitive price since the travel industry as a whole is depressed due to the economy (including timeshare rentals and sales).

R P.
Dec 30, 2008

kristenh56 wrote:
I just recently signed contracts with both Resort Marketing Equity and Resorts International Unlimited to rent my timeshare in Ft. Lauderdale. I have a total of 4 weeks/year and both companies promised me $2500 for each week.

They will tell you any kind of lie to get that upfront fee ..... that's ALL they want ..... an expensive lesson learned.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.