Marriott's Grande Ocean

Where to stay

Dec 30, 2008

Will be checking in to Grand Ocean for the first time this coming Feb. Any suggestions as to what to ask for in the way of location on the site? Hi floor, low floor, near a pool, ocean view etc.? We have a two bedroom unit.

Thomas M.
Dec 30, 2008

Just so you know, Grande Ocean has a tiered system of villa selection requests. Owners staying in their home weeks get first requests, owners trading for other weeks next, other Marriott trades next, trades from other brand resorts next. That is said only so you know where you stand in the queue.

We are staying here now, we own here, but traded for this week from another Marriott property we own. I requested closer to the beach and higher floor. Got a great spot (not ocean front, but great ocean view) on the 4th floor of the Sand Castle building. I personally think this is a great building: close to check in, close to the activity center, hot tubs right outside, path to the beach right to the side of the building. The Sea Horse building is the mirror image location on the North side. My Mother is coming back in February and has requested this unit because she liked the view and convenience so much. At Grande Ocean there are no ground floor units - parking is on the ground floor under each building. Thus, I would ask for a higher floor so that you get a better view of the ocean from whatever building you stay in. The lower 2 floors (5 floors total) don't have great views of the ocean.

One good thing about Grande Ocean is that it is rather compact - every condo is reasonably near a pool (but the lap pool on the North side is the only heated outdoor pool - there also is an indoor pool), hot tubs (all over the place), barbecue grills, parking, and access to the beach.

Have fun!

Edgar C.

Last edited by ec10 on Jan 02, 2009 08:05 AM

Dec 30, 2008

Thank you for the information. I'll try for a higher floor in the Sand Dollar building. We own a few weeks at Marriott in Palm Desert. First time i have traded these weeks in the past few years, but decided to stay closer to home and drive to Florida with bikes, kyaks, etc. Spending two weeks at Hilton head and two in Florida. II went out of their way to get me two bedroom units at all marriott resorts. Did a great job. Again most appreciative for the response

Thomas M.

Last edited by thomas472 on Dec 30, 2008 06:15 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.