Feb 17, 2009

What is the best way to have a renter pay you for your timeshare week. This is my first time doing this. The escrow account seems kind of expensive and it looks like it takes forever to get your money.

Kathy C.
Feb 17, 2009

kathyc231 wrote:
What is the best way to have a renter pay you for your timeshare week. This is my first time doing this. The escrow account seems kind of expensive and it looks like it takes forever to get your money.

Go to resources at the top right of this page and you will find a rental agreement that you can use. Just follow the agreement specifics. As far as payment, it depends on how soon the rental is. It's up to you what method you choose (personal check, paypal, cashiers check etc.)

http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/private/

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 17, 2009 08:25 AM

Feb 17, 2009

I have used the rental contract from this site (referred to above), which I modified per my needs) and then paypal for payment very successfully twice now. The nice thing about paypal is that it offers a bit more protection from scammers, as well as having the opportunity for the renter to use a credit card with their premier service (this is "free" to set up, but paypal deducts some transaction fees.) The first time I told the renter if they wanted to use the credit card option, they would need to pay the transaction fee (which they agreed to do- it turned out to be ~40fee for $1200 charge). The second time, I just added the estimated transaction fee into the rental price and didnt even mention any additional fees to the renter (ie, it is an upside to me if they pay via bank withdrawal, but even if they use a credit card, it is already accounted for). Hope this helps.

Angie G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.