Timeshare Companies

Starwood Star Options

Mar 21, 2009

Presently have 250,000 Star Options. This is Elite 3 status in the Starwoods Vacation Ownership program. Looking at buying a resale Starwood Property. Does any one know if one can combine the Star Options from a Resale with those that were obtained from the developer. If one can than its a cheep way to get to the Elite 4 status which has some nice perks.

Brad P.
Mar 22, 2009

There's a Starwood forum at tug.bbs.com !

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 22, 2009 08:23 AM

Apr 03, 2009

My husband and I own at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale, AZ . We own a 2 bed lock out, and are looking to find a reputable resale company or for sale by owner site that we can sell or barter. We own it out right, paid in full, and it would be a direct title trade, can anyone share their personal experience with a legitimate company, service or website. We tried a couple years back with 2 different companies and all they did is take our money a run, so we are doing the leg work this time. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa, AZ

Lisa T.
Apr 03, 2009

lisat262 wrote:
My husband and I own at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale, AZ . We own a 2 bed lock out, and are looking to find a reputable resale company or for sale by owner site that we can sell or barter. We own it out right, paid in full, and it would be a direct title trade, can anyone share their personal experience with a legitimate company, service or website. We tried a couple years back with 2 different companies and all they did is take our money a run, so we are doing the leg work this time. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa, AZ

In addition to RedWeek, the other popular sites are: TUG, My Resort Network, bidshares, Vacation Timeshare Rentals, craigslist, and eBay.

These sites have either no or very minimal fees to post an ad. There are some companies that will sell your TS on a commission basis, but the commissions are not cheap. One place I knew would take 15%-20% with a minimum of $1500.

There are thousands of timeshares on the market. Do the research and price it very competitively.

Good Luck

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Apr 03, 2009 12:50 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.