Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How do I go about renting my timeshare out? Starts 10/09

Mar 28, 2009

How do I rent my TS in late Oct 09? If someone rents it now, and then decides they do not want it 3 weeks before check in? Is there a place to go that I can learn all the in/outs of renting my TS? Would there be a place that I could just swap my unit with someone alse w/o allot of hassles? Thanks

James P.
Mar 28, 2009

You can find copies on Redweek and Tug to copy and use. Have in writing and tell renter that there will be no refund or cancellation after final payment and reservations in their name so they need to be sure this is what they want. By stressing this point many will back away now because they wanted to still look for cheaper deal after renting your unit.

Most owners get non-refundable fee like $100 before transfering the unit or half the rent with full payment due on reserved unit being in their name.

Your right to worry because many people find the week they want and resort and are happy to have it. Then few weeks from vacation they see some owner on a last minute list for much cheaper and want to save money.

They try and most have someone died in their family or loss of job or some other bull! They just want to save some bucks and the heck with the first owner.

Most owners in case of a death with proof will agree to try and re-list to rent minus ad cost and loss if they rent for less money because of short time limit and agree to give the money back. You will find many will not like this because they are lying to you and it was just about the money.

Many renters look at this like a lay-away plan in rent now to lock up the unit and week then look around for better deal.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.