Timeshare Companies

HGVC Shell Island Beach Club New Management

Apr 11, 2009

A few days ago I heard SIBC Board of Director's (BOD's) changed management companies. My concern is the way the BOD's did this. No owners were contacted that I know of. If the BOD's did this with recklessness as it may appear to some, I am really concerned about the big decision they made on their own. This is a big decision and I always worry about big decisions made quickly with the possibility of certain groups receiving perks. Hopefully SIBC owners can get together with one voice to at least question the BOD's regarding this process. I sent a letter to the SIBC Board at sibcboard@bigfoot.com protesting this process. I contacted the HGVC rep on site. Here is part of an email from the HGVC rep on site at SIBC:

If it makes you feel better you can write the BOD's but the way this was done I do not think the BOD's care what you think. If they did, it would not have occurred in this manner. There is a small owners group that is banning together. I returned from California April 2. On April 3 I learned of the problem and by April 8 the board sent a locksmith after hours to change the office locks. We had April 9 to clear out. The way the management company was treated by the board was not only unprofessional, but insulting to say the least. They even had a security guard posted while we were clearing out. The former Maintenance Man Ken Sandrick came back to help the board and supervise the dismissal of his former work mates of 10 years. They flew him in from Arizona on our dollar. No wonder they threw him a big retirement dinner and gave him $$$ before he left. Again on our dollar and I let him know that when I saw him. I couldn't make all this up if I tried. It was so hurtful.

Joe D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.