Point Systems

Bluegreen Points

Aug 27, 2013

You get what you pay for. Unless the gentleman who's advising you is an authorized b.g. Rep, he cannot possibly give good advice on something that you are more and likely going to own forever and be held accountable for. There is a reason why some people "dump" theirs on the Internet. Some things are equal but some are more equal than others.

Sherilynn D.
Aug 27, 2013

Keys to Happy Ownership of Blue Green Points.

1. Purchase on EBAY after Jan 1, 2. Make the previous owner pay all closing cost. 3. Use Resort Closing Inc. to transfer ownership. 4. Purchase at least 12000 points. 5. Do not be late on the maintenance fees. 6. Set up your online account immediately. 7. Plan far in advance.

johnm2285 wrote:
You are correct, with bluegreen, everything is money, not customer service. II is tops!

Gary A.
Aug 28, 2013

garya253 wrote:
Keys to Happy Ownership of Blue Green Points.

1. Purchase on EBAY after Jan 1, 2. Make the previous owner pay all closing cost. 3. Use Resort Closing Inc. to transfer ownership. 4. Purchase at least 12000 points. 5. Do not be late on the maintenance fees. 6. Set up your online account immediately. 7. Plan far in advance.

johnm2285 wrote:
You are correct, with bluegreen, everything is money, not customer service. II is tops!

II is tops??? Tops over what? I think no matter what company you deal with in the timeshare industry it all about money. Most of these companies however, will provide decent customer service but, I might add, not to the extent it will cost THEM some additional monies. How exactly are you (garya253) arriving at these keys to happy Bluegreen ownership? Why purchase only after Jan 1? Of what year? What if the previous owner refuses to pay closing costs. One cannot "MAKE" him do that. Is this a plug for Resort Closing, Inc. ??? Any reputable closing company can do the same thing. Purchase at least 12000 points??? On what do you base this hypothetical figure? Set up your on-line a/c? What on-line a/c are you referring to? What exactly are you suggesting one plan "far in advance" for? It's all just so ambiguous and begs too many questions to be helpful. It needs a lot of explanation. Sorry, just my opinion.

Dennis N.
Aug 28, 2013

my husband and I previously owned a timeshare in Mexico. it was on a 25 year lease, the cost was low, the maintenance was low and we never had a problem trading. when the 25 years expired, we went to a bluegreen presentation, were 'sold' points and have made numerous attempts in the past 2 years to use these points unsuccessfully. We are looking to get of our contract. blue green absolutely does not deliver what was promised.

Sherrie N.
May 16, 2014

kimberlym293 wrote:
My wife and i have recently purchased a timeshare from bluegreen and we are probably not going on a vacation this yr. due to some health issues. We were wanting to know how do you know how much your points are worth?

Hi Kimberlyn, I know I am 2 years late but do you still have questions regarding Bluegreen? By chance I was able to find a company that specializes in Bluegreen, I do not by any means! I just know from experience and the research I've done and I figured I'd put my knowledge to good use to help other Timeshare owners. Please let me know.

Jen A.
Jul 18, 2014

Any suggestions regarding a company/site to sell a BlueGreen title?

jena65 wrote:
kimberlym293 wrote:
My wife and i have recently purchased a timeshare from bluegreen and we are probably not going on a vacation this yr. due to some health issues. We were wanting to know how do you know how much your points are worth?

Hi Kimberlyn, I know I am 2 years late but do you still have questions regarding Bluegreen? By chance I was able to find a company that specializes in Bluegreen, I do not by any means! I just know from experience and the research I've done and I figured I'd put my knowledge to good use to help other Timeshare owners. Please let me know.

John A.
Jul 25, 2014

brendak186 wrote:
You are wrong about not being able to buy points outside of BG and combining them with your BG points that you purchased from BG. I have purchased over 70,000 points from E Bay and all of mine have been combined together . Unless the rules have changed in the last 12 months. So if in doubt call BG and ask before you buy outside points which is the best way to go once you become a BG owner. EBay is the best place to do that. I have gotten 10,000 points for $1.00 and all closing cost paid. Just do your home work and ask questions. Don't assume anything. We have been very happy with BG. Just stay out of there sales office once you become a member and buy any extra points you want out side of BG

I would love to be able to do this but have always been told by their sales people that it can't be done. Please tell me step by step what you did.

Merle B.
Jul 26, 2014

Their sales people lie. The is a bluegreen yahoo group that can help with all things bluegreen. These cheepy points won't count toward premier status but can be used to book just like your other points. You do want to make sue the points are in the same Trust to keep you fees down.

Tracey S.
Mar 24, 2015

I'm a member of BG but I can get RCI points , my question is that if I can buy points off ebay, Internet etc.... can I combine them with my RCI points? If so how do you recommend to do it. Thanks

Jaime G.
Mar 24, 2015

Bluegreen has a separate portal onto RCI. If you buy RCI points through a different resort (company), you would have to pay for a separate RCI points membership and it would not combine with your bluegreen points membership account.

Tracey S.
Jul 15, 2015

Hi, I am trying to find a company who works with bluegreen points and the response to your message said they knew of a good company. Can you please pass that name on to me ? Thanks!

Barbara P.
Jul 26, 2015

How much is 76,000 bluegreen points worth in 2015

Rochester E.
Dec 19, 2015

How much are 20,000 bluegreen points worth.

Dennis G.
Dec 19, 2015

I suggest looking at the Bluegreen points resale page for an idea of what owners are asking for their points: Bluegreen Points for Sale

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 22, 2016

You will be LUCKY to get $0.15 / point from pinnacle. They are just as bad as the rest of the time share sellers.

Michael C.
May 04, 2016

I have Bluegreen now and the points are a good way to vacation if you have time to do so. I just sent paper work to a company to post mine for sale. We don't use it enough to justify paying the yearly fee. I receive 9000 points annually and pay about $1000 in maintenance fees every October. In addition points can be saved for 1 year or transfer them to choice hotel points. There is a charge for this but is usually less than $100. If you are able to travel more this is a good option. If you do purchase book early the popular resorts book fast so you may have a hard time booking them or that is what I have found. Don't get riped off and pay a lot for them, sadly the resale isn't great for them. Anything over $5000 is to much if you ask me. The times I have used the points the resorts are nice and haven't had major issue. There is a it of options for them do it is a matter of where and when.

Stacie B.
May 04, 2016

Stacie, I hate to break this too you but finding anyone to pay over the transfer fees may be difficult. Hopefully you paid less than $100 to list. Bluegreen is a great system but with the exception of a few prime, prime underlining contracts like Wilderness club at Big Cedar -summer only and a few prime snowbird weeks in southern coastal Florida or Aruba, most points have almost no resale value and will take months or years to sell for anything above a few hundred dollars. Even giving away points isn't always so easy.

Tracey S.
May 11, 2016

I am new to RedWeek. I used to sell exclusively on eBay. My rule of thumb was 8000 points = $800.00; 1200 points = $120.00, It allowed me latitude to increase pricing during things like spring break or the Daytona 500, but I could also go down and not be greedy. My goal each year is to recoup the maintenance fees and anything over that is gravy. Bluegreen has many great resorts, but ownership sucks. I do the best that I can to manage the problem that I purchased. Oh to be young again and take back this decision. I am Platinum with 79000 annual point and maintenance fees of about $4500.00 per year.

Ross S.
May 11, 2016

My family has 130000 points, $7000+ in Maintenance and taxes, Panicle Sold them, (.15/pt) they had the listing for a year. They timed the sale so that the taxes would be paid by the seller and gave their new buyer a free year. Buyer Beware is all I can say.

Michael C.
Mar 01, 2018

4 weeks with Blue Green at The Fountain. Currently we have 42,000 points plus 13,000 point for next February 2 to 9,

michaelc663 wrote:
Whats the best way to determine value of Bluegreen points

George F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.