Timeshare Companies

Resort Condos Plus - anyone?

Jun 27, 2009

don't do it

Gerilyn D.

Last edited by gerilynd3 on Jun 27, 2009 08:46 PM

Jun 27, 2009

If you need the Attorney General for Texas and Florida being that is were the money went here is the info

For Texas you can call 512 463 2100 and they have a web address www.texasattorneygeneral.gov click on consumer protection then click on File complaint. Also Texas has a special work force for real estate PLEASE give them a call 512 459 6544. Since the money went to Florida give them a call heres theit info 850 488 2221 also call orlandos crime unit 407 836 2490. I know these are alot of numbers to call but if you want your money back then call and file your complaints because there is a law against stealing. thanks and good luck,

Gerilyn D.
Jun 27, 2009

Taylar Martin at RCP said the samething to us that they had a buyer that had financing aproved PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! We did and it almost 7 months and NO closing. I called yesterday to tell them I want to cancel he said I couldn't do that I asked for a credit he said no I was never going to get a credit. I asked for varifacation on the buyer and he said he would never give that to me. he got very insultive. saying " do you even have an education" maybe 4th or 6th grade level... I reminded him that he promised me that it had a buyer...... He said isn't that like a woman to blame a man for her screw ups. He also was referring to me as " LITTLE GIRL LITTLE GIRL shut your mouth and listen when adults are talking. It was crazy I am going to paot and post and post to help save others from getting scammed. I told Taylar that we lost our daughter in a car accident 2 years ago and we have her 2 little girl that we have to take care of and that we can not afford the 2050 if it really didn;t have a buyer. So please understand that they are heartless and wqill tell you anything they think will suck you in. Again I gave them 7 months

Gerilyn D.
Jun 27, 2009

All I have to say is DON'T DO IT!!!!!! It cost us 2050.00. I was told that Resort Condos Plus had a buyer for my timeshare. I was assured over and over and over that they absolutely had a quaified buyer. I told Taylor Martin ( sales person)that if they really do not have a buyer I truely can not afford to do this. I said please don't mess with us if there isn't a buyer. Again he reassured me that there was a buyer and that it would close in 30 to 45 days.I also was told that when I got verified that if they ask me if anyone promised me that my timeshare had a buyer for it I was to say NO. Because that was against the law to have a timeshare sold before I was signed up. So to cover them, and to get our timeshare sold I had to say that. Althou when I was asked I really hesitated ......but did say no. The lady did say that if Iied I could go to jail. I did think about it after I got off the phone and tried to call the lady back and got a voice mail. I asked her to call me back which she didn't. I tried a few more time too with no response. I was stuck. Here its almost 7 months later and still no closing. I kept being told they are just finishing up the requirments of the escro account. I was told that for 5 months. So now I talked to Taylar Martin again and told him I wanted to cancel and I wanted a credit on my card and he went off. Said that I wasn't getting a credit. He went into asking me if I was educated....Asked if I only had a 4th or 6th grade education, he was referring to me as LITTLE GIRL.... YOU NEED TO LISTEN WHEN ADULT ARE TALKING. I asked about 3 months ago about who the buyers were and asked for a number but he said he couldn't give that to me. So again I asked for the name of the buyer Taylar said to me he wasn't going to give me any name. He said that being the CRAZY STATE OF MIND I was in that he wouldn't let me talk to any of his cliants. And that people like me is what screws thing up. All I wanted was veriafcation of the buyer. Which he couldn't give. So being I was asking for that he got all upset. I also called Globel Times shares because they are who got the money. Not Resort Condos Plus. I called and there was no record of my timeshare. They asked me who my sales man was. I said Taylar Martin they told me they would call me back. When I last called Taylar he told me I could complainto anyone I want but that it will get right back to him. So now he has band me from calling or getting any info from them. Pretty harsh for someone to ask for info on a buyer being I spent 2050.00

Gerilyn D.
Jun 28, 2009

My wife used this company paid the $2050 back in April. if you call a ask them about it the paperwork is still in the works. Ask them if its some type of scam and they get mad and hang up. They never contact you with a update and act offended if you contact them. They told her it should take 45 days, next week will be 90 days. If its not a scam I'll let you know but don't hold your breath.

Ronald C.
Jun 29, 2009

gerilynd3 wrote:
All I have to say is DON'T DO IT!!!!!! It cost us 2050.00. I was told that Resort Condos Plus had a buyer for my timeshare. I was assured over and over and over that they absolutely had a quaified buyer. I told Taylor Martin ( sales person)that if they really do not have a buyer I truely can not afford to do this. I said please don't mess with us if there isn't a buyer. Again he reassured me that there was a buyer and that it would close in 30 to 45 days.I also was told that when I got verified that if they ask me if anyone promised me that my timeshare had a buyer for it I was to say NO. Because that was against the law to have a timeshare sold before I was signed up. So to cover them, and to get our timeshare sold I had to say that. Althou when I was asked I really hesitated ......but did say no. The lady did say that if Iied I could go to jail. I did think about it after I got off the phone and tried to call the lady back and got a voice mail. I asked her to call me back which she didn't. I tried a few more time too with no response. I was stuck. Here its almost 7 months later and still no closing. I kept being told they are just finishing up the requirments of the escro account. I was told that for 5 months. So now I talked to Taylar Martin again and told him I wanted to cancel and I wanted a credit on my card and he went off. Said that I wasn't getting a credit. He went into asking me if I was educated....Asked if I only had a 4th or 6th grade education, he was referring to me as LITTLE GIRL.... YOU NEED TO LISTEN WHEN ADULT ARE TALKING. I asked about 3 months ago about who the buyers were and asked for a number but he said he couldn't give that to me. So again I asked for the name of the buyer Taylar said to me he wasn't going to give me any name. He said that being the CRAZY STATE OF MIND I was in that he wouldn't let me talk to any of his cliants. And that people like me is what screws thing up. All I wanted was veriafcation of the buyer. Which he couldn't give. So being I was asking for that he got all upset. I also called Globel Times shares because they are who got the money. Not Resort Condos Plus. I called and there was no record of my timeshare. They asked me who my sales man was. I said Taylar Martin they told me they would call me back. When I last called Taylar he told me I could complainto anyone I want but that it will get right back to him. So now he has band me from calling or getting any info from them. Pretty harsh for someone to ask for info on a buyer being I spent 2050.00

gerylin, please post your two posts above on TUG (www.tugbbs.com) so that many others will see just what kind of low down bottom feeders those parasites at RESORT CONDOS PLUS are.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 29, 2009 05:48 AM

Jul 15, 2009

Karinv9, did you sell it? We was contacted today and emailed the papers to sell ours.

Diane M.
Jul 15, 2009

dianem410 wrote:
Karinv9, did you sell it? We was contacted today and emailed the papers to sell ours.

Did you bother to read any of the postings?

Redweek just started a new post at the top of each forum telling people to use search to learn before just jumping on here and asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

If you did read all the information on here about dealing with upfront fee companies and still sent your paper work in you are not going to become a victim but a volunteer with your money!

I would bet that there are at least three shills on this posting working for this company and you still want to give them your money is unblievable.

Good Luck! PHILL12 LMAO

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jul 17, 2009 07:02 AM

Jul 15, 2009

NO we didn't and and I wouldn't advice you to hook up with this company. NO WAY NO HOW

Gerilyn D.
Jul 16, 2009

phill12 wrote:
dianem410 wrote:

Did you bother to read any of the postings?

Redweek just started a new post at the top of each forum telling people to use search to learn before just jumping on here and asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

If you did read all the information on here about dealing with upfront fee companies and still sent your paper work in you are not going to become a victim but a not to bright volunteer of your money!

I would bet that there are at least three shills on this posting working for this company and you still want to give them your money in unblievable.

Good Luck! PHILL12 LMAO

Diane M.
Jul 18, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
michaelm381 wrote:
Anybody know anything about this company based in Houston? They contacted me about my timeshare, said they had a buyer. Once they negotiate the price and settle it with the buyer, they take a "fee" for $1350 (credit card) and then you get your money.

michaelm381 wrote:
What kind of makes me suspicious is the fact that they claimed to be able to take the timeshare off my hands for the price they claimed. I know there are many people trying to sell their timeshare at this same resort and most would take 1/10th of what they paid, yet this company claims they can get me basically what I paid, if not a little more. If there is truly someone that stupid out there who will buy it, okay, but I just don't see it.
You basically answered your own questions. They take the fee via your credit card and not out of the proceeds of the sales. After they have your $$, the buyer will disappear or there will be a problem with the transaction. The company will claim the $1350 is for advertising, but why do they have to advertise if they already have a buyer. As you all ready discovered, they have a "buyer" who will pay MORE than market value for the TS.

Call their bluff and tell them you are interested if you use escrow and a closing company that YOU choose. See how quickly they back off.

Annette T.
Jul 18, 2009

All of what you all described has just happened to me. I have not given my credit card#. Am I safe? The rep told me I would be sorry and that my timeshare would be sold and I would not be getting the offer made by the buyer of $12,500!! I was not sure of this arrangement and backed off the deal after I was told the closing would happen in 30-45 days (before I received payment) but they would need a card# now to cover the $2,050 to move forward. They are so clever with their negotiation but it scared me because this was too good to be true. Help?!

Annette T.
Jul 18, 2009

Gerilyn, I hate this happened to you and I appreciate your story although it's sad that you are suffering this loss of $2050. No one has that to throw away, especially those of us interested in selling our timeshare. But just wanted to say that this is the same type of negative feedback I got from the Resort Condos Plus rep today when I backed out of the deal. He went on and on about how I allowed them to do the work and now I'm responsible for the costs. That they would be bill me and I would be taken to court to pay the costs and would still be without my access to my timeshare. I'm nervous about the possibilities but it irritated me after learning yesterday that I would be required to pay $2050 to them prior to closing but that I would not collect on the sale for 30-45 days. Anything could happen during that time and then I expect they would be out of the picture. Anyway, I've paid $500 in the past to a company that did not make good on its promise and I lost. No recourse there, so I'm skeptical about these companies! I've got to get on Craigslist or Ebay eventually to sell!

Annette T.
Jul 18, 2009

Exactly. This was my experience as well with Ashleigh. He threatened me and said I would regret it and that I would not have a week and they would still bill me for the $2050 since they've done the work to find a buyer!!

Annette T.
Jul 19, 2009

annettet39 wrote:
All of what you all described has just happened to me. I have not given my credit card#. Am I safe? The rep told me I would be sorry and that my timeshare would be sold and I would not be getting the offer made by the buyer of $12,500!! I was not sure of this arrangement and backed off the deal after I was told the closing would happen in 30-45 days (before I received payment) but they would need a card# now to cover the $2,050 to move forward. They are so clever with their negotiation but it scared me because this was too good to be true. Help?!

Your gut feeling was right on target .... they'll tell you ANYTHING to get that upfront fee (ie: people are waiting in line to buy your timeshare at more than what you paid, a corporation wants to buy your timeshare, etc.)

Bottom line, if it sounds too good to be true then 99.99% of the time it is a scam.

Thank your gut instinct .... that's why God gave us that ability.

R P.
Jul 19, 2009

annettet39 wrote:
Exactly. This was my experience as well with Ashleigh. He threatened me and said I would regret it and that I would not have a week and they would still bill me for the $2050 since they've done the work to find a buyer!!

Annette, they can't bill you if they don't have your credit card number .... thank goodness you didn't give it to them.

R P.
Jul 19, 2009

jayjay wrote:
annettet39 wrote:

Annette, they can't bill you if they don't have your credit card number .... thank goodness you didn't give it to them.

Gerilyn D.
Jul 20, 2009

I just had a friend come to me and ask about using these people, and they happened to call while he was standing with me so I talked with them. I am a realtor and although I don't get involved with timeshare sales, there are some pretty basic rules. I asked why they couldn't take their fees out at closing and he said that it was against the law for a third party to get paid out of a real esate transaction. True. What they are doing and what they are claiming to do are two different things. If they are in fact setting up transactions, then they are doing so illegally. If they are "advertising", then they could legally get paid at closing for their services and just have a contract stating their fees to be paid at closing. Either way, it's a a no-brainer, do not give money for something that you have no contract for services and a performance clause.

Shamus M.
Jul 21, 2009

shamusm2 wrote:
I If they are "advertising", then they could legally get paid at closing for their services and just have a contract stating their fees to be paid at closing. Either way, it's a a no-brainer, do not give money for something that you have no contract for services and a performance clause.

Exactly, it behooves me that millions of people will give these rip-off artists their credit card number when they have done absolutely nothing to earn one penny.

I do understand that these thieves will tell you exactly what you want to hear (ie: we have buyers lined up to buy your timeshare, we can get you more than you paid initially etc.), but I would never, ever give my credit card number to any business that has done absolutely nothing to earn that money.

Rip-off artists are very skilled at what they do .... they sound professional and have very professional looking websites, but they are still common, everyday hoodlums and theives.

R P.
Jul 31, 2009

Someone from resort called me and did the same too. They wanted my credit card number and charged 2050. I'm afraid that they are scams. It's just been a couple of days. Anyone who is waiting, did it go thru as they say? or is it a fraud. I am also feel very uncertain.

Mai L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.