Timeshare Companies

Resort Condos Plus - anyone?

Jul 31, 2009

Don't do it. and if you did give them your credit card and your still in the period of time to cancel I would and get your money back. I waited 7 months and the same old story waiting for the escrow to be done. Maybe someone can tell me who they use to do the escrow. Then maybe you can find out if they really have money toward the buy.Never the less I wouldn't advise you to do it unless you have money to burn.

Gerilyn D.
Aug 01, 2009

mail3 wrote:
Someone from resort called me and did the same too. They wanted my credit card number and charged 2050. I'm afraid that they are scams. It's just been a couple of days. Anyone who is waiting, did it go thru as they say? or is it a fraud. I am also feel very uncertain.

You can kiss your $2050 goodbye .... all companies that charge an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars are scams, period, all they want is your credit card number.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 01, 2009 07:19 AM

Aug 01, 2009

Hi I just paid them today $2,050. How stupid I wassss. My husband is not in town. He would be really mad. After I paid, I felt something weird about the whole thing. I looked the compnay up online and found this forum. I felt even more stupid. I contacted my bank immediately. My bank credited the money back to me. However, they said that I have to call them and make tham cancel the transaction. I doubt they will cancel it. My bank said that no matter what, I will get my money back. I learned from this mistake big time. I think we're stuck with our timeshare. We have 2 timeshares. We have 2 companies that are trying to sell them for us. We paid like $900 total. YOu guys are right we have never from them again. I will never pay money upfront or pay anything again. I think I am kinda lucky to find out that they are scammer on the same day I paid. Thanks everyone for sharing the information.

Parichat P.
Aug 01, 2009

WOW GOOD FOR YOU. IF YOU JUST PAID TODAY CALL RESORT CONDOS PLUS AND TELL THEM RIGHT AWAY YOUR CANCELING YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 3 DAYS

Gerilyn D.
Aug 03, 2009

parichatp wrote:
I think we're stuck with our timeshare. We have 2 timeshares. We have 2 companies that are trying to sell them for us. We paid like $900 total. YOu guys are right we have never from them again.

I do not know which timeshares you own, but if you own a TS in a high demand area during the peak season, you can probably sell, or rent, it yourself with some legwork and patience. However, you will not sell it for anywhere what you paid for it if you bought from the developer.

You can list you TS on the internet for minimal or no fees. In addition to RedWeek, the other popular sites are: TUG, My Resort Network, bidshares, Vacation Timeshare Rentals, craigslist, and eBay.

There are thousands of timeshares on the market. Do the research and price it very competitively.

In the meantime, do not let TS just go to waste. Use it or exchange it for another vacation. Maybe a friend or family member would be interested in using it.

Good Luck

Mike N.
Aug 03, 2009

parichatp wrote:
Hi I just paid them today $2,050. How stupid I wassss. My husband is not in town. He would be really mad. After I paid, I felt something weird about the whole thing. I looked the compnay up online and found this forum. I felt even more stupid. I contacted my bank immediately. My bank credited the money back to me. However, they said that I have to call them and make tham cancel the transaction. I doubt they will cancel it. My bank said that no matter what, I will get my money back. I learned from this mistake big time. I think we're stuck with our timeshare. We have 2 timeshares. We have 2 companies that are trying to sell them for us. We paid like $900 total. YOu guys are right we have never from them again. I will never pay money upfront or pay anything again. I think I am kinda lucky to find out that they are scammer on the same day I paid. Thanks everyone for sharing the information.

Just curious, did you sign a contract with that company?

R P.
Aug 10, 2009

I also contacted my bank. They did credited the 2050 back. They wanted me to do the same thing too. I faxed in my cancellation letter and they don't give a dam. They told me to call the representives that took down my credit card #. I called, email, no response. They don't care if you fax a written cancellation. They act as if it wasn't even existed.

Mai L.
Aug 11, 2009

mail3 wrote:
I also contacted my bank. They did credited the 2050 back. They wanted me to do the same thing too. I faxed in my cancellation letter and they don't give a dam. They told me to call the representives that took down my credit card #. I called, email, no response. They don't care if you fax a written cancellation. They act as if it wasn't even existed.

If you didn't sign a contract then the deal is null and void, period, (and they know that) so no further notice to the scammers is needed. If you did sign a contract then that's a whole different ballgame.

R P.
Aug 11, 2009

Thanks for your numbers and website. I am definitely filing right now. Any body else?

Mai L.
Aug 11, 2009

No, you don't even have 3 days? I've tried. They came up with every lies possible. When I called to check, they lied to me that they are working on it. Then a week later you called and they are not canceling because they said that the representative told them that I am okay with not canceling. Then they'll have you called your representative and surely, he never return your call back ever! or even email you back! That's it. That's the end of it.

Mai L.
Aug 11, 2009

They will never ever cancel your contract and return your money back. They are a bunch of Scams and fraud.

Mai L.

Last edited by mail3 on Aug 11, 2009 05:37 AM

Aug 15, 2009

jayjay wrote:
annettet39 wrote:
Exactly. This was my experience as well with Ashleigh. He threatened me and said I would regret it and that I would not have a week and they would still bill me for the $2050 since they've done the work to find a buyer!!

Annette, they can't bill you if they don't have your credit card number .... thank goodness you didn't give it to them.

Kanashi S.
Aug 15, 2009

As far as I can see here in this forum, they scam everyone the same way. I was called and they told me they had a buyer for my TS got my information, asked my asking price and came back quickly same day same call and told me yup they have a buyer with the "perfect price". First I was so excited. Then I was puzzled but skeptical all at once. Since we are unemployed and in a bind I was like great, but then they required a credit card Master or Visa I didn't have either (thank God) so I couldn't proceed with it, they wanted me to get one ASAP before the offer was withdrawn. But I asked and checked around and it said SCAM all over it, so I will not give them 1 cent. Thanks to this forum. I hope no one else falls for it. This shows us to do our homework first before we are quick to give our hard earned money away to thieves.

Kanashi S.
Aug 15, 2009

kanashis wrote:
Since we are unemployed and in a bind I was like great, but then they required a credit card Master or Visa I didn't have either (thank God) so I couldn't proceed with it, they wanted me to get one ASAP before the offer was withdrawn. This shows us to do our homework first before we are quick to give our hard earned money away to thieves.

This just goes to show how low these parasites are because as you now know they had no buyer. They didn't care that you were unemployed they still wanted you to get a credit card now so they could rip you off! It didn't matter to them that without the money from the sale that would never happen you couldn't pay the credit bill!

It was good that you didn't have credit card because it sounds like you would have paid them just hoping it wasn't a scam. This is how they stay in business.

The old saying in sports is the best trade sometimes is the one not made!

Just wanted to add to my post that this is one if not biggest problem in timesharing and thousands of owners fall for this for some reason! If you get a call your first question should be "Do you have ANY UPFRONT FEE'S" If answer is yes hang up and don't give them a chance to talk because this is what they are good at when they get owners who really want or need to sell their timeshare.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Aug 15, 2009 08:09 AM

Aug 18, 2009

You are sooooo right.

I also used the Buy and Resale time share network, resale listing.com and Resort Equity Marketing companies to sell my timeshare. These are all listing companies and charged me $1050 (all together) for nothing. They say they keep it listed until it sells, of course they don't care because they got your money already. I didn't know this before but I had to learn the hard way.

My advice is to everyone trying to sell a TS sell it on your own. You can post it for free on craiglist.org, on ebay, newspapers, etc. This is the only way you will probably be able to sell it. I haven't had any luck yet and of course this tough economy won't help either.

So good luck to you all and if you have a success story let me know. I would love to hear it. Take care.

Kanashi S.
Aug 18, 2009

yes and be careful for the other kind of thieves out there like the relisting companies, they all charge up to $599 for them to simply post your TS on their website, this is bogus I've tried and paid them and still nothing, i's been a year since I posted it on their website and they pocketed the money and still no sale. They don't find you a buyer, they simply post it and guess what the buyers will only look for the cheapest ones.

Best bet is post it yourself on other sites. Good luck.

Kanashi S.
Aug 18, 2009

does anyone know where we can all complain about this and do something about it? For example Better Buisness Bureau? We should look into this and put these suckers out of business.

Kanashi S.
Aug 18, 2009

kanashis2 wrote:
does anyone know where we can all complain about this and do something about it? For example Better Buisness Bureau?

With all due respect, the BBB really has no legal authority or operational power of any kind. They are essentially "paper tigers" who sell memberships to businesses and accept "consumer complaints", but they are otherwise completely powerless to actually render any meaningful assistance. The only "leverage" which BBB really has is that any respectable business generally wants to maintain its' good name and reputation and wants to resolve complaints from dissatisfied customers. However, in the case of "upfront fee" advertising companies, they don't really much care about their "good name" or "reputation", since once enough complaints get filed against them, they simply disaappear, CHANGE their business name and start their parasitic game of deception and empty promises all over again with a new name and a "clean slate".

I sincerely wish you luck and success. I'm merely advising against putting too much time, faith or energy into complaining to the BBB, an entity which ultimately has no legal authority or actual "horsepower" of any kind to actually help you, when all is said and done. Your best bet is probably to file a written complaint with the state consumer affairs authorities in the state in which the parasite business is physically located. Even then, your prospects of getting your money back are likely somewhere squarely between very slim and none...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 18, 2009 02:27 PM

Aug 18, 2009

Thanks a million you are very kind.

Kanashi S.
Aug 18, 2009

aT THE RISK OF BEING REDUNDANT, I ALSO WAS SCAMMED BY RCP FOR $1350.00. Chris Young was the salesman. I am presently working with the Texas Attorney Generals Office the Orlando Police but do not realistically expect to ever recover that fee. Anyone who has anything good to say about this outfit is a company shill. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

Henry S.

Last edited by henrys78 on Aug 19, 2009 02:46 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.