Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Advice on Selling Your Timeshare

May 29, 2009

removed post due to advertising

Howtosell T.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 29, 2009 12:38 PM

May 29, 2009

I accessed your website and saw the statement below:

"DON'T DESPAIR there is a way to get rid of your timeshare and get up to 100% of your asking price."

There is simply no way this can happen. There is no way to guarantee that one can get 100% of their asking price for a timeshare, therefore you have already committed false/fraudulant advertising.

R P.
May 29, 2009

jayjay wrote:

"DON'T DESPAIR there is a way to get rid of your timeshare and get up to 100% of your asking price."

There is simply no way this can happen. There is no way to guarantee that one can get 100% of their asking price for a timeshare, therefore you have already committed false/fraudulant advertising.

Jayjay, you missed the two key words in that statement.

It said, "...get rid of your timeshare and get UP TO100% of your asking price". So it just means that I'm not going to get MORE than my asking price.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on May 29, 2009 07:53 AM

May 29, 2009

Whats the advice??

Thomas K.
May 29, 2009

What's the advice then ??

How can it be done safely ?

Don't give me one of those pay up front companies either ... their a waste of time and I don't trust them.

Thomas K.
May 30, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

Jayjay, you missed the two key words in that statement.

It said, "...get rid of your timeshare and get UP TO100% of your asking price". So it just means that I'm not going to get MORE than my asking price.

Mike, there's still no way on this earth that anyone could get UP TO 100% of their asking price for any given timeshare .... it just won't happen since there's millions of timeshares that just aren't marketable at all even for $1.00 (Ebay) and the market for all timeshares (developer and resale) has spiralled downward drastically in this economy.

A few resales have been bought at the higher end chain resorts at current low prices. I think I've seen a couple members on Tug that bought Marriott because they have ceased ROFR in this economy and they bought weeks at low current prices that they had been looking for.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 30, 2009 08:18 AM

May 31, 2009

Don't remember the company but I was checking TripAdvisor last night for first time in a long while.

I happened on this same posting and read their ad and as usual it stated very little with a number to call.

Since this post on here was deleted before I read it I have no idea if these two are the same person or company.

Its funny how when these ads pop up they show up on all forums same time.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Jun 01, 2009

jayjay wrote:
Mike, there's still no way on this earth that anyone could get UP TO 100% of their asking price for any given timeshare .... it just won't happen since there's millions of timeshares that just aren't marketable at all even for $1.00 (Ebay) and the market for all timeshares (developer and resale) has spiralled downward drastically in this economy.
Jayjay, Let me clarify. If I ask $50 for my timehare and I sell it for $50, then I sold it for 100% of my asking price. If I asked $50, but accepted only $1.00 on eBay, then I sold it for 2% of my asking price. Since 2% is in the range of 0% to 100% , I sold it for UP TO 100% of my asking price as the ad stated.

You must remember the old PF sneaker commercials; the ones that touted "Run Your Fastest, Jump Your Highest". It gave the impression that these sneakers were better than others, but in reality as long as it fit properly, you can run your fastest in any sneaker.

Mike N.
Jun 01, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
You must remember the old PF sneaker commercials; the ones that touted "Run Your Fastest, Jump Your Highest". It gave the impression that these sneakers were better than others, but in reality as long as it fit properly, you can run your fastest in any sneaker.

Mike this is a sneaky way to make your point!

After my knee replacement last month I'm wearing one sneaker on good foot. Problem with this is that leg runs to fast for bad leg to keep up.

So in my case your statement is half right about running my fastest.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Jun 01, 2009

phill12 wrote:
After my knee replacement last month I'm wearing one sneaker on good foot. Problem with this is that leg runs to fast for bad leg to keep up.
Now I know why you seem to be running in circles :)

Mike N.
Jun 01, 2009

I work at going in circles every Sunday watching Nascar!

Phil L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.