Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

Oct 12, 2009

Count me in. I want to be part of any action against these folks. Every time I get bill for a new assessment or fee my blood pressure goes up.

David G.
Oct 20, 2009

I would love to stay in contact with you and others as we go down this path.

David G.
Jan 14, 2010

I too have been fighting with these people since last Febuary when I refused to pay any more fees of any kind. So far they have been alternating between playing nice by offering all sorts of discounts to pay up and playing nasty by threatening me with court action if I don't pay. I then ask them for an owner's list so I can check out their stories, So far no luck. I would also be interesting in getting involved in legal action against the principals[Holts] or a class action if such a thing develops. In reading the comments on various websites it is interesting the changes in direction they took in 2007 when the fees really started to climb and they became much more inventive in coming up with new ones.

William B.
Jan 29, 2010

Ok guys, I see Kathleen123 hasn't been on here lately either. She was going to try and start a class action suit and I gave her a lot of info. but we did not know of any attorney's here in VA(which is where Lan'Or headquarters are located) to pursue it with and she was from NY. So, if anyone knows a VA attorney to pusue it I can provide some insight. I believe, based on VA law, that they may be operating on the edge if not outside the timeshare Codes. Anyhow, the last time I was on here I was getting ready to go to court because I quit paying and they sued me. I went and they continued it so we(there were like 15 people on the docket) could contact a Land'Or rep. at the headquarters. I made them an offer to pay less than half of what my unpaid fees were and they then would have to cancel my contract. They accepted. I am now free and clear of Land'Or. I thought I might have to sign a gag order or something so I was quiet for a while, but had to sign nothing. I know several other persons who did the same thing. I would still participate in a suit against them if I can because I think everyone should get back what they paid for and didn't use of the resort. Check the VA law timeshare codes for yourself and see if you think they are in compliance.

Mary A.
Jan 29, 2010

I just received another "pay up or else letter" from their "Portfolio Dept." whatever that means. Interesting though that the envelope was directed to me but the threatening letter inside was meant for someone else. Looks incompetent! Regardless, it does get me another name to add to an Owners list that could organize an group to deal with these people. Would still be interested in going after them if anyone wants to do that. Bill

William B.
Jan 30, 2010

Are you in VA too?

David G.
Jan 30, 2010

I'm all for going after them.

David G.
Jan 31, 2010

I am actually in Canada.

William B.
Feb 02, 2010

I just got another bill from Land Or for $699.00 for renovation assesment!!!! Is anyone after these guys? I want to join the group.

Brook P.
Feb 02, 2010

Has anyone received minutes to any meetings for Land or?

I have reviewed a few of the Virginia Laws-Virginia Chapter 21 - The Virginia Real Estate Time-Share Act- I don't think they have to provide any owners names- but we can write and ask for certain accounting information and minutes of all meetings. I expire in 2011 - but that is 2 more maintenance fee payments plus all of the assesments. If I pay the "reonvation" assessment for $699.00 I just received I will have paid a total of $3596.36 in the last 14 months. Who knows how many more assessments they can come up with in 2 years.

Anyone out there know a Virginia lawyer??? If anyone has done any research or has records- lets put these guys away!

Brook P.
Feb 02, 2010

deleted

John S.

Last edited by johns2184 on Sep 17, 2011 06:36 AM

Feb 02, 2010

I tried the email-- it bounced back. Are you sure the address is correct. Anyway....

I tried to do something over 10 years ago about Land Or and contacted the Better Business Bureau. But without the internet and able to get in touch with others I couldn't get any where. The BB said they had a few complaints but not enough to do anything. That was thousands of dollars ago.

I am not sure where to start. I guess we could contact everyone that has written on this site and look for other sites like it. How much time do you have? Do you live in Virginia?

Lets get some of our money back!!!!!!

Brook P.
Feb 02, 2010

Once again, someone must know a VA attorney that would take this on. I got out of my contract but I think this place should be shut down. I'm the one who suggested everyone look at the VA code on timeshares because I believe they are operating outside the legal code. Also, contact the Attorney Generals Office in VA. I'll try to come back with some links.

Mary A.
Feb 02, 2010

deleted

John S.

Last edited by johns2184 on Sep 17, 2011 06:38 AM

Feb 02, 2010

deleted

John S.

Last edited by johns2184 on Sep 17, 2011 06:40 AM

Feb 02, 2010

Alright, if you google VA timeshare law, there is a link titled "VA Ch 21 - The VA Real Estate Time Share Act" ---check it out. Then you can google Commonwealth of VA Attorney General. From there you can go to one of the links and send an e-mail through the contact us link. I've also e-mailed an attorney to look at this sight. Hopefully he can help out.

Mary A.
Feb 02, 2010

deleted

John S.

Last edited by johns2184 on Sep 17, 2011 06:39 AM

Feb 02, 2010

deleted

John S.

Last edited by johns2184 on Sep 17, 2011 06:39 AM

Feb 02, 2010

Deleted

John S.

Last edited by johns2184 on Sep 17, 2011 06:41 AM

Feb 03, 2010

message deleted

Kathleen S.

Last edited by kathleens213 on Jul 12, 2010 05:47 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.