Club Land'Or Resort

Can't even give them one star

May 26, 2010

Updated the link in previous post. Here it is again...

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/colonial-crossings-of-williamsburge-va-c321840.html

M J.

Last edited by mj178 on May 26, 2010 09:09 AM

May 26, 2010

I went on my own with Mr. Sadler recently and this will work out for me. If you contact him, make sure you have all of your paperwork for ownership and any documentation you signed. He will need this. Also the Public Offering Statement. You should have received this in a disk or it would be about 20 or so pages long when you purchased.

Kim A.
May 27, 2010

MJ:

I have no idea why I was selected. But count my lucky stars everyday that they did. Buying into Land'or was the worst financial mistake I ever made and paying and additional $1,500 (which would have been this years special assessment plus maintenance fees) above what I already owed was probably the best. I figure with the way they continue to impose special assessments at least every other year, but lately it seems like yearly, the required every 5 year refurbishing fee and another 25 years of maintenance fees I saved myself a lot of stress, headaches and a minimum of $37,000

After every special assessment I called to complain. Finally after the one I believe in 2008 I decided I wasn't paying them any more money. However, as everyone knows they keep bugging you and each time they called me asking for money I read them the riot act and told them they can continue to call all they want but weren't getting another penny out of me.

Bill E.
May 31, 2010

marya502 wrote:
I just received an e-mail from Mr. Sadler, the attorney willing to help with Club Land 'Or issues. He said he has $1500 in escrow to pursue the case and needs 2 more people with $500 each by June 2nd if he is to continue. Look, I had nothing to gain when I put you all in contact with him. It was just my effort to help others. Now, those who are complaining(which they have every right to because they're being taken for a ride by Land 'Or) should take the opportunity to step up to the plate. $500 is a lot less than your fees will be for this year and those beyond. If you don't grasp this opportunity then quit complaining about getting the shaft from Land' Or because it's your own fault. It's your choice. $500 now or thousands down the road. This from someone else who got ther shaft for many years.
The due date to get on board with Mr. Sadler is actually 6 June; I have it in an email dated 24 May. I encourage anyone still on the fence to get to the post office quick!!

David G.
Jun 17, 2010

I just joined the forum today. Has anyone had any luck with Mr. Sadler? I would consider joining in as well. Just received a final notice letter and did not receive and previous letters. Today's letter stated I owed over $14,000. Do we have any hope?

Jennifer K.
Jun 18, 2010

He's probably your only hope but you need to contact him right away.

Mary A.
Jun 18, 2010

Thanks for your response. Have you had any resolution or heard of anyone who has from Land'or?

Jennifer K.
Jun 22, 2010

I am also an owner and very displeased with the resort and fees. I have called and tried to get records of signed contract and financial records and the company stated they can't find my records. I am interested in getting a class law suite against them because they are the biggest crooks in Virginia and the state attorneys need to know it. I am not paying another dime for assessment fees. Please include me if there is something that can be done. lmcaut727@msn.com

Latoya C.
Jun 23, 2010

Go back and read the previous 8 pages in this forum and then contact the attorney Stuart Sadler and see where things stand on the class action suit.

Mary A.
Jun 26, 2010

I received an e-mail from Mr. Sadler, and he has filed a motion that would allow him to look at the books of Club Land'Or, so things are in progress. Also, I was at Virginia Beach District Court on Friday for another matter, but just for your information, there were 15 cases on the docket for Club Land'Or where they were suing members for unpaid fees. Non of them showed up which means either they got scared and paid or Land'Or got judgements against them. A friend of mine that goes to court at least once a month says there are at least that many on the docket every month. Do you wonder again if something needs to be done?

Mary A.
Jun 30, 2010

I just received my settlement from Mr Sadler for Land Or today. My experience was similar to everyones as I was lied to by Colonial Crossings, but I was within the 1st 2 years of my contract and could get out easier. I ended up getting all of my monies paid into Colonial Crossings. I paid Mr. Saddler 1/3 based on contingency. I am so glad to be free of Colonial Crossing and their management. Good luck to all of you.

Kim A.
Jul 01, 2010

I have been a member for the last 12 years, and out of those, they only been able to give two weeks in places that are not even close to what they promissed me. and in a way to go I have to put my request 2 years before to see if....but all the renovations and all kinds of new fees addes to my original fees are ridiculous that I'm broke now... don't know what to do.... help.., does anybody knows of a lawsuit against CLUB LAND'OR that I can join? please let me know

Linnette N.
Jul 01, 2010

Hi , can somebody get me Mr Saddler's contact information? I am desperate to get rid of this Land'Or timeshare. Please help.

Linnette N.
Jul 01, 2010

ssadler@attglobal.net

Kim A.
Jul 01, 2010

none- wanted to delete but don't see that as an option.

J F.

Last edited by jf14 on Oct 13, 2010 03:39 PM

Jul 03, 2010

I'm glad you were able to get out and you're happy. You got out because you are a liability to them rather than an asset if you have no money. Unfortunately, you may have fared better going to court. I had 14 years left and was able to relieve myself of this albatross for about one fifth of what they took you for. I know of several others. But, for anyone who does not have a financial hardship like us, Mr. Sadler is probably the best bet.

Mary A.
Jul 03, 2010

. Thanks Mary

J F.

Last edited by jf14 on Oct 13, 2010 03:41 PM

Jul 16, 2010

I am also outraged at the special assessments and maintenance fees incurred by being in club land'or. It is ridiculous. I contacted the attorney today and truly hope there is something he can do. Whatever can be done to resolve this nightmare of an experience with club land'or will be most welcomed. With all the complaints, I believe if we stick together,maybe we can bring an end to this horrible ordeal.

Harvey B.
Jul 16, 2010

Have you folks who joined Atty. Sadler's group heard anything yet? I too have had it with Club Land Or. This is just a scam.

S H.

Last edited by sh144 on Jul 16, 2010 06:33 PM

Jul 16, 2010

How long have you been a member? Have you heard of any other attorneys that will take up this case?

S H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.