Closed
Timeshare Companies

Krystal is a big Fraud!!

Aug 07, 2019

Consulto nuevamente... alguien de este foro logro dar de baja la membresía? No tiene sentido discutir entre nosotros, creo que el objetivo es tener información útil para resolver el problema. Gracias!

Adrian A.
Aug 07, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!!

Don P.
Sep 15, 2019

Got a letter from Resort Recovery Solutions, San Diego, CA. States that they are a debt collection agency. I stopped paying 20 months ago. Have been reported to the credit bureau's as being delinquent. Credit score took a hit.

Have been getting these letters regularly every month. I have stopped picking up calls from unknown numbers. I get about half-a-dozen calls from numbers I do not recognize - maybe it's them, maybe someone else. I figure, if someone really wants to talk to me, they can leave me a message and I can call them back.

I really like the idea of a FEDERAL CASE against these scammers who are making our lives miserable. Will most definitely join a genuine group but will have to do deep due diligence to make sure of the genuinity due to shill's in the group.

Asia E.
Sep 15, 2019

You have the right to tell the collection agency and the resort to NOT contact you again and if they contact you again you can sue them for thousands of dollars for each violation . In other words you are telling them to either sue me or leave me alone . I doubt you will hear from them again and if you do other than a court summons sue them for everything they have . Document all contacts and don't be afraid to answer your phone . Stand up to them and demand your rights .

Don P.
Sep 15, 2019

In order to stop collection calls you must send a cease and desist letter. An individual can do this. Just search cease and desist letter for a free download. By federal law they cannot make calls.

Irene P.
Sep 16, 2019

asiae wrote:
I really like the idea of a FEDERAL CASE against these scammers who are making our lives miserable. Will most definitely join a genuine group but will have to do deep due diligence to make sure of the genuinity due to shill's in the group.

Whom are you identifying as scammers? The debt collection agency? If so, I wouldn't call them scammers. Debt collection agencies are legitimate and must abide by federal laws such as the ones Don P and Irene P pointed out. The collection agencies might be annoying but they're not necessarily scammers.

I wouldn't worry too much about your credit score taking a hit. Usually the worst that happens from this is that it might be more difficult to get a loan or mortgage. So if you do not need one in the near future, it's not something worth worrying about. Besides, I've heard reports of lenders ignoring the fact that you were delinquent on timeshare or travel club memberships because those are worthless.

Lance C.
Sep 16, 2019

Are timeshare companies good to work for? I am great at sales but don’t feel comfortable telling lies to prospective buyers. Do timeshare companies actually TELL you to lie to people or do they just not give you the full story about what you are selling them? I have to look in the mirror at night. I am in the Orlando, Florida area.

Deborah A.
Sep 16, 2019

Comment Deleted

LR

Last edited by latitude2 on Oct 21, 2019 04:03 PM

Sep 17, 2019

deboraha389 wrote:
Are timeshare companies good to work for? I am great at sales but don’t feel comfortable telling lies to prospective buyers. Do timeshare companies actually TELL you to lie to people or do they just not give you the full story about what you are selling them?

I don't know what the companies tell sales people. However, one common thing in the industry is that the top money earners don't earn hundreds of thousands per year by being professional, courteous, and honest. The companies might not encourage dishonesty and lying but if you want to make sales, you have to do what you have to do.

Lance C.
Sep 18, 2019

Deleted

H G.

Last edited by heatherg117 on Oct 21, 2019 04:15 PM

Sep 18, 2019

Deleted

H G.

Sep 18, 2019

Heather I'm glad you posted a lot of useful information . One point myself and others will strongly disagree with is that most sales people don't lie . I will state from my own experience that most if not all sales people lie about information to get a sale. That being said I think you gave people a lot of valuable statements .

I couldn't agree more that owners should contact the resort themselves to work out an exit from their timeshares . I did that in 2011 and got rid of two timeshares that way . It was quick and inexpensive .

Unfortunately the timeshare industry has given itself a black eye by using questionable sales tactics . The problem is that there are only so many desirable weeks and locations for exchanges . Something never spoken at sales presentations . Then there is corporate greed by renting out the best locations and weeks on the open market denying owners of those weeks to exchange .

I would never advise anyone take a job in an industry fraught with misleading information and yes actually outright lies by the sales staff .

Don P.
Sep 18, 2019

Deleted

H G.

Oct 11, 2019

Yes, Krystal works together with latitude 21, Colleen or Colette comeau or something is the big name in there. She, together with Heather Guffin. They have been scamming people long time ago. Latitude 21 has never ever rented a single property, ever!

Michael B.
Oct 11, 2019

Don, this Heather person that is answering and giving “good “ advice, is HEATHER GUFFIN, the owner of LATITUDE 21. Be careful people.

Michael B.
Oct 11, 2019

Please give us information on properties rented , real information, not bs. We want to see real rented properties verifiable data.

Michael B.
Oct 11, 2019

Yes Deborah, don’t listen to this particular advice. Yes, she has made millions with the timeshare industry, but she’s not part of the “decent “ majority.

Michael B.
Oct 11, 2019

Deleted

H G.

Last edited by heatherg117 on Oct 21, 2019 04:16 PM

Oct 11, 2019

Ron B.

Last edited by ronb550 on Jan 07, 2020 06:50 AM

Oct 11, 2019

Comment Deleted

LR

Last edited by latitude2 on Oct 21, 2019 04:01 PM

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.