Jun 28, 2009

Since redweeks messaging system apparently doesn't work, we've purchased a week on E-Bay for a whole lot less. Maybe the seller I contacted 2 weeks ago should have replied to my request. His loss. Oh, and by the way, Redweek did little to nothing to help this situation. Thanks for Nothing Redweek.

Ernie W.
Jun 28, 2009

Well, let me ask you this ..... how in the world do you think Redweek has any control whatsoever over whether an owner replies to your request or not !

Also, perhaps the owner was on vacation .... after all, it is summer or was out of town for whatever reason. Redweek can't perform magic ....... sheesh ! If you couldn't get an answer from the owner, why do you think Redweek could?

R P.
Jun 28, 2009

erniew10 wrote:
Since redweeks messaging system apparently doesn't work, we've purchased a week on E-Bay for a whole lot less. Maybe the seller I contacted 2 weeks ago should have replied to my request. His loss. Oh, and by the way, Redweek did little to nothing to help this situation. Thanks for Nothing Redweek.

Hi Ernie,

I see that you have contacted RedWeek 4 times in the past two weeks and have been promptly answered each time. If you haven't received any of these replies please check your filters on your email account. If you don't hear back from the owner you are entitled to a refund from RedWeek for your membership fee within 30 days of purchase. So please let us know.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jun 28, 2009

Well, let me ask you this.....Who owns this site? Redweek! They have every right to stop allowing sellers to post when they can't respond to inquiries or even to Redweek themselves.

Redweek has stated that the sellers have 1 week to respond to an inquiry before stepping in and attempting to contact the seller themselves.

Ernie W.
Jun 28, 2009

Thank you for your post. I am just sorry that you have sellers like this particular one to put a bad taste in my mouth.

Ernie W.
Jun 28, 2009

erniew10 wrote:
Thank you for your post. I am just sorry that you have sellers like this particular one to put a bad taste in my mouth.

I have called the owners and they said that they have replied to you several times. I have their permission to give you their phone number so I will email that to you.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jun 29, 2009

Thank you, we have also received an e-mail from the owners.

Ernie W.
Jul 01, 2009

sorry to hear you had a bad first experience. I just joined Redweek a few months ago. I am not sure why I went with a site where I had to PAY to see what others were offering, but I am glad I did. I have been very happy with the response I have gotten. Not everyone has responded very quickly, some people quite frankly took over a month to respond to my offer to rent their places, others responded in a few minutes. I would remind those that are trying to rent your place to check your e-mails often. It would also be helpful if, once a unit is rented, it shows in the listing in a more timely manner, to save me from having to contact people and wait for an "this was already rented" response, but other than that, I plan to continue using this service.

Laura C.
Jul 06, 2009

This is what happens on-line, sometimes people just don't get back to other people. You should try on-line dating!!!! RELAX!!!

Karen G.
Jul 07, 2009

Redweek can't force anyone to do anything. If you've got a bum seller, then that's on the seller, not Redweek.

Seems to me that Redweek has gone the extra mile to get this situation resolved for you, in which case I give Redweek kudos, not growls.

Do try to cut people some slack since people using this site TRAVEL. When I go to Ireland next month, I'm not going to be checking this site!

Vicki Y.
Jul 08, 2009

If I sell my timeshare, what is the best method for collecting the money?

Diane D.
Jul 09, 2009

dianed146 wrote:
Cold hard cash is always the best :), but seriously , use a reputable escrow company.

Mike N.
Jul 10, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
dianed146 wrote:
Cold hard cash is always the best :), but seriously , use a reputable escrow company.

Thank you for the information. I'll do it. Dd

Diane D.

Last edited by dianed146 on Jul 10, 2009 08:44 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.