Jul 12, 2009

Hello! I am new to redweek.com and I have heard great things about this site. How successful have you been in actually renting out timeshare weeks? I currently own in South Africa which I have been successfully exchanging each year, but I am also thinking of buying at the Morritts Tortuga in Grand Cayman. Since I will not be using both timeshares every year, I need to be able to successfully rent one out. If there is success in renting, I will purchase the Morritts In Grand Cayman timeshare. Let me know if renting has worked- especially for Grand Cayman. I just need to be sure I have a good chance that my annual fees will be covered by renting my week before I purchase more timeshares.

Thanks for any advice! Darla

Darla M.
Jul 13, 2009

darlam23 wrote:
Hello! I am new to redweek.com and I have heard great things about this site. How successful have you been in actually renting out timeshare weeks? I currently own in South Africa which I have been successfully exchanging each year, but I am also thinking of buying at the Morritts Tortuga in Grand Cayman. Since I will not be using both timeshares every year, I need to be able to successfully rent one out. If there is success in renting, I will purchase the Morritts In Grand Cayman timeshare. Let me know if renting has worked- especially for Grand Cayman. I just need to be sure I have a good chance that my annual fees will be covered by renting my week before I purchase more timeshares.

Thanks for any advice! Darla

I know many people own SA timeshares for trading purposes, though after searching a few websites, I did not see a hugh amount of rentals (I'm not sure if that is good or bad).

Search the web and determine the what the market will bear for renting the Morritts In Grand Cayman. IMHO, I would not buy a timeshare knowing that I would ultimately have to rent it out.

There are many people who purchase TS strictly for renting. Some years they do well, other times they have to eat some of those weeks. You have to do your research to determine the current rental market, how much are your MFs, add in your original purchase price, etc.

Mike N.
Jul 22, 2009

Wendy, I noticed your postings have taglines at the end to click for pay day loans. If you notice at the top of the "reply to topic" page, it specifically states, do not post ads for businesses, etc. In the future, kindly remove the taglines for this business from your postings. I think most find this practice annoying when people insist on advertising their business in all their online correspondence. Thank you in advance.

Laura C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.