Jul 15, 2009

In the past the Oak 'n Spruce was one of the few pet-friendly resorts, but this year we heard that they now have a "no pet" policy. Does anyone know if it's true? Our week there is coming up soon and we'd have to cancel it if we cannot take our dog with us.

Helen Z.
Jul 30, 2009

This is definitely NOT true. The parent company, Silverleaf Resorts, has a pet friendly philosophy for all of its resorts. That is the main reason that I purchased timeshares there. I was tired of being excluded just because I had a well behaved 13 lb. dog. I don't know where these rumors start... Anyone who comes to the resort will see a lot of people casually walking their dogs.

Melody E.
Aug 01, 2009

Unfortunately, this IS true. My friend got a letter from RCI stating that Oak 'n Spruce has a no-pet policy effective immediately. She has been staying there for many years, main reason them being a pet friendly resort - the only one in that area as far as we know. She had a reservation there for August and naturally was devastated. She called the resort and the manager told her that starting September they will not allow pets in the resort. You're right, many people bought timeshares there because of its pet friendly philosophy. Something has to be done about it.

Helen Z.
Mar 10, 2010

What a big mistake if, indeed, pets are no longer welcome. Families of all ages and sizes want to take their pet with them or they will not use the facility.

Melissa P.
May 08, 2010

The reason we went to Oak and Spruce was the pet friendly policy. We were looking into purchase but no longer. I realize that some poet owners are less than responsible. However, there is (was) a contract that could have been reinforced by the resort with these owners. I guess non-pet owners must be plentiful enough to keep the resort full???

Pamela F.
Jun 14, 2011

I work there. There are always dogs there. Where do people get there lies from?

Hank E.
Jun 15, 2011

We also were interested in Oak and Spruce Resort because of their previous (?) pet friendly policy. Can someone of authority clarify with RCI and a potentially interested party what the policy is? We visited when the policy was pet friendly and would return in a heartbeat if it is still friendly... otherwise... not interested.

Pamela F.
Jun 29, 2011

DEAR HANKE4 OFF THE SUBJECT, WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE OWNERS ASSOCIATION AND WHO I CAN CONTACT ABOUT IT.

Henry D.
Aug 13, 2011

PETS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!!! There are rules, and a fee. You must bring proof of up up date innoculations and there is a $75 per pet fee. A bargain when you consider how much boarding costs, and how tough it is on some dogs. Size is not a matter, German Shepherds are just as welcome as shi-szus. Was there this week and saw a parade of happy pets enjoying their owners' vacations.

Gilda G.
Apr 14, 2012

We were there in December 2011 with our 100 pound dog, and were not the only ones there with a dog. We had to pay a $75 fee and show proof that the dog had his shots. We've been there many times with our dog!

Hannah R.
Feb 08, 2013

They are definitely welcome. I'm an owner there. You just have to pay a non-refundable deposit of $100 and they ask for vaccination proof.

Jennifer P.
Jul 01, 2014

As of the last week-end in May, 2014, we brought our 5 month puppy that is very well behaved and being trained. I needed to show rabies shots, etc., (up to date paperwork). I was told on the phone it was $50.00. At the desk I was told it was $100.00. (the price went up...not sure when that happened)

They also have "new" posts, with doggie "poop-bag" dispensers and trash to throw them away in throughout the areas.

Not sure about it changing in September or not. I would call and speak to the one in charge at the desk, concerning that one.

Carol L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.