Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Suggestions for second market timeshare buyer?

Jul 17, 2009

We are thinking of buying a timeshare through a BROKER who would handle escrow service also. As a beginner buyer, I am concern that there might be a confict of interest in it? Over all, if anyone has any suggestions for a beginner second marker buyer, what to look for and what to do etc, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Kimy N.
Jul 17, 2009

kimyn wrote:
We are thinking of buying a timeshare through a BROKER who would handle escrow service also. As a beginner buyer, I am concern that there might be a confict of interest in it? Over all, if anyone has any suggestions for a beginner second marker buyer, what to look for and what to do etc, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

There could be no problems, but some closing companies can be notoriously SLOW. Many eBay sales require using a specific closing company since the seller and the closing company are associated with one another. What is the name of the escrow company? If you haven't already done so, I would suggest you also post your question on the TUG Forum . Find out the name of the escrow company and if it's a questionable company I'm sure someone on the TUG forum will have information.

Mike N.
Jul 17, 2009

Thanks Mike for your info. The broker name PACIFIC TIMESHARE SERVICES. It seems to be in business for 18 years. What other things that you think I should look for before we decide to close this deal. I would appreciate to hear from anyone who has experience working with this company.

Kimy N.
Jul 18, 2009

Please look at the posts on your other thread before committing to buy.

R P.
Jul 20, 2009

My husband wants to buy, he likes the idea of knowing he has a place out there that is "his" (ours), forever and ever, I guess. Parts of that does sound romantic I suppose, but when I see the deals out there to rent, and since we just experienced what a great time one can have without having the expense of ownership, I am wondering why you would ever want to buy? Yes, this is a buyer's market right now, but I think it is even more a renter's market. We have decided to wait it out for awhile and just be a renter.

Laura C.
Jul 21, 2009

laurac260 wrote:
Yes, this is a buyer's market right now, but I think it is even more a renter's market. We have decided to wait it out for awhile and just be a renter.

I am in total agreement with you. Yes, it's a buyer's market right now, but in my opinion it's going to be a buyer's market for a very long time. I don't see the timeshare market ever back to what it used to be as so many things have changed with this recession that will leave a lasting impression on anyone even contemplating buying a timeshare and all the rising fees associated with such.

It's also a renter's market as there are thousands of timeshare rentals out there. With the future of timesharing never gaining the market that it did before this recession (in my opinion), I believe they'll be great opportunities for renters and rentees in the far future also.

Bottom line, negotiate with owners concerning renting. Many owners just want their maintenance fees in return.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.