Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

BEWARE OF WESTGATE SALES GROUP RENTALS

Jul 29, 2009

I wanted to warn everyone about an unfortunate experience I am fighting as I wright this. I posted a request for a rental week back in June and recieved a response from Westgate stating they had the week I needed. After speaking with the agent and confirming the availability I sent payment via PayPal. This is when the fun began. After multiple emails and phone calls I was informed that the owner was not following through. I was thankfully able to find another property owner with the same week, but the refund or credit has yet to be settled. I will not say this is a fraudelent company at this point but at the very least I would avoid them because of the lack of professionalism. I will keep this thread updated as to the outcome of my grievences with PayPal and AM_EX. I do not know if posting the agent name is allowed but if so I will certainly provide in a later response. Thanks and be aware, Paul.

Paul H.
Jul 30, 2009

paulh342 wrote:
I wanted to warn everyone about an unfortunate experience I am fighting as I wright this. I posted a request for a rental week back in June and recieved a response from Westgate stating they had the week I needed. After speaking with the agent and confirming the availability I sent payment via PayPal. This is when the fun began. After multiple emails and phone calls I was informed that the owner was not following through. I was thankfully able to find another property owner with the same week, but the refund or credit has yet to be settled. I will not say this is a fraudelent company at this point but at the very least I would avoid them because of the lack of professionalism. I will keep this thread updated as to the outcome of my grievences with PayPal and AM_EX. I do not know if posting the agent name is allowed but if so I will certainly provide in a later response. Thanks and be aware, Paul.
Have you posted this item on the TUG Forum? You should definitely list the name of the company and the agent. If there is a legitimate concern, then maybe someone from the company will see the post and respond. If nothing else, you will prevent someone else from falling into his trap.

Mike N.
Jul 30, 2009

paulh342 wrote:

I'm somewhat confused .... did you rent directly from Westgate or a Westgate timeshare week from another source?

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 30, 2009 08:15 AM

Aug 01, 2009

I have posted the same thread in Tug for everyone's information. The agent I worked with is Bill Wright and the Company on the rental agreement is Westgate Sales Inc. It has been another week with the same responses and promises but still no payment or credit. I will keep everyone informed as information becomes available. Paul.

Paul H.
Aug 01, 2009

The week was from Westgate Sales Inc. and the agent was Bill Wright. Unfortunately this week has been the same promises and lack of results. Will update as needed. Paul.

Paul H.
Aug 11, 2009

I have the very same problem - already paid William Wright, Westgate Sales, Inc $799.00 via Paypal - for a 1 week timeshare rental and am unable to get a confirmation number from him or any return phone calls. I did receive a rental agreement - but that is it - I am unable to check into the resort with this - as I've already called them.

I have tried calling Westgate Resorts - their corporate office and am not able to get any answer.

I am extremely upset that I fell for this trap - hopefully Discover card will refund me -

Kristine C.
Aug 12, 2009

CHeck out TUG because there are at least three others that I am aware of that are in the same boat. If looks like everyone is counting on their credit card Co to protect them but most of us also want to go after this loser. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Paul

Paul H.
Aug 12, 2009

Yes, I have contacted the Oakland Park local police department who then referred it to their bureau of investigation team - also have reported this loser to Florida department of real estate who has found that of course - he has no license.

I will prosecute to the full extent of the law - and will let you know what becomes of this.

He deserves to be in prison for misrepresentation, theft, & fraud and hopefully I will help to put him there....

Thanks.

Kristine C.

Last edited by kristinec33 on Aug 12, 2009 07:41 PM

Aug 12, 2009

I have been in touch via email with a couple of the other victems of this scumbag. I think we are all looking for the same things here. Let me know if you are interested in pooling your information with ours. I think if we all work together on this we may be able to get a result we are all looking for. Thanks, Paul.

Paul H.
Aug 14, 2009

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ON THE COMPANY AND MANAGERS.

Detail by Entity Name Florida Profit Corporation WESTGATE SALES GROUP INC. Filing Information Document Number P09000021058 FEI/EIN Number NONE Date Filed 03/05/2009 State FL Status ACTIVE Principal Address 1121 E. COMMERCIAL BLVD.,#3 OAKLAND PARK FL 33334 Mailing Address 1121 E. COMMERCIAL BLVD.,#3 OAKLAND PARK FL 33334 Registered Agent Name & Address SPIEGEL & UTRERA, P.A. 1840 SW 22ND ST. 4TH FLOOR MIAMI FL 33145 US Officer/Director Detail Name & Address Title PSTD ANDRESS, JOY L 1121 E. COMMERCIAL BLVD.,#3 OAKLAND PARK FL 33334 Title VD POWERS, JAMES 1121 E. COMMERCIAL BLVD.,#3 OAKLAND PARK FL 33334 Annual Reports No Annual Reports Filed Document Images

Jo I.
Aug 14, 2009

Absolutely! I want to make sure that this doesn't happen to anybody else! What can I do to help??

Kristine C.
Aug 15, 2009

I have been in touch with a couple other victims and we have filed a complaint with the internet fraud division of the FBI. I have the link at home and can forward it to you if you want. Send me a text with your email and I will forward it to you tomorrow when I get home. Thanks Paul (661-246-7980)

Paul H.
Aug 15, 2009

Will do - thanks...

Kristine C.
Oct 30, 2009

SPIEGEL & UTRERA, P.A. 1840 SW 22ND ST. 4TH FLOOR MIAMI FL 33145

They seem to be involved with many scandalous business!

Christina G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.