Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Explain "weeks" to me, please

Sep 05, 2009

I own Disney Vacation Club points, so we do not have "weeks" to tell you so that you can assign a points value. I can use my points to reserve any week or type of unit available, but agreementswould have to be made first before I made DVC ressies. Therefore, how do I use this site to try and trade a Disney vacation for California coast? I saw a few properties from Monterey down to Solvang, but nothing is listed for the times I would want to travel. Confusing!

Guest G.
Sep 06, 2009

guestg4 wrote:
I own Disney Vacation Club points, so we do not have "weeks" to tell you so that you can assign a points value. I can use my points to reserve any week or type of unit available, but agreementswould have to be made first before I made DVC ressies. Therefore, how do I use this site to try and trade a Disney vacation for California coast? I saw a few properties from Monterey down to Solvang, but nothing is listed for the times I would want to travel. Confusing!
If you are talking about the Redweek exchange system you would have to reserve a week with DVC, then deposit the week with Redweek. First I would contact Redweek to see if they can take a DVC week. This depends on DVC's policies. If Redweek will accept a DVC week, then before booking a week, I suggest first submitting a sample week for a free valuation tosee how many points you would get from RedWeek. If you are satisfied, then go ahead a reserve that DVC week, but I would NOT deposit that week until you find something else you want.

IMO, based on limited availabilities in RedWeek, you should probably rent your DVC week, then use the cash to rent from another owner. Otherwise you might risk depositing your DVC week and not getting your desired resort in return.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Sep 06, 2009 08:49 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.