Sep 10, 2009

Hi this is new to me so and having trouble understanding. i would like to buy a time share 2 bed room for 2 couples around Tampa Florida or Orlando i would like to find something that is around many golf courses and of course the beach for wife's and attractions. OK But I would like to have something that is in the moth of March April I want 30 to stay there days I cant find any for sale and when I look around there someplace that are for sale like 1500$ example but the rentals are higher I don't understand this can some help me with my task

Thank you

Ken

something else would like to know what is Floating (High) Annual Deed stand for ?.

where can I find terminology of what all this means

Ken M.

Last edited by kenm243 on Sep 11, 2009 05:45 AM

Sep 11, 2009

Are you looking to buy weeks or rent weeks? Timeshares are sold by the week or via points, so you finding a timeshare to buy or rent for 30 continuous days will be almost impossible.

Orlando is overbuilt with timeshares so I'm sure you could find timeshare weeks to rent from owners in that area, but you will have to change units each week or you could rent an apartment or house from an owner at www.vrbo.com possibly for 30 consecutive days.

On the other hand the Tampa area does not have many timeshare resorts, so that may be a harder area to get unless you rent from someone who owns an apartment or house at the vrbo site.

Floating high means your time is owned during high red season (most popular) and you reserve a week during that time period ... you don't actually own a specific week and unit.

Also, be aware that Orlando is an hour + drive from the beach.

The reason you see some weeks for sale for $1500 or less than rental rates is because some people just want out from under ownership and high yearly maintenance fees that continue to rise each year.

I would suggest you look for rentals instead and not even consider buying any timeshare until you have learned everything there is to learn about timeshare ownership and all that it entails.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 11, 2009 07:37 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.