Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

"Superior Vacation Marketing" - has anyone dealt with them?

Dec 14, 2009

Hi, I have been contacted by the above mentioned company (www.svrsold.com) and they say they have a family that wants to buy my timeshare. I have to say this isn't the first time I've been contacted (once when I refused to pay an upfront fee, the guy got downright nasty with me. I hung up on him).

This company says that I don't get charged until the buyer is approved for a loan and signs a waiver to rescind the deal. They are asking for 2,050 dollars. Very steep, but I'd be willing to pay if it meant I sold it and got rid of it for good.

So, has anyone dealt with them? I couldn't find any information negative or positive about them by googling them.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zeina M.
Dec 15, 2009

Don't believe a word of this "hook" pitch. There is no anxiously awaiting buyer, there is no family. All these parasites want is your upfront money. After they have it, the alleged "deal" will suddenly "disappear" due to "unexpected developments".

Don't fall for this crap. If you do, you will not be a "victim" --- you will instead be a willing VOLUNTEER who was clearly warned in advance...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 15, 2009 07:34 AM

Dec 15, 2009

Thanks. After I told them to send me a sample agreement to see what I'd be singing up for, I told them no. As you say, there is no buyer waiting for anything. The agreement states that all they are doing basically is advertising the property.

Zeina M.
Dec 16, 2009

zeinam wrote:
The agreement states that all they are doing basically is advertising the property.

...which is something you can do on your own for FREE on many sites (and at a very reasonable cost on many other sites), reaching the exact same pool of potential buyers. In the age of the Internet, such upfront fee parasites are just an unnecessary and superflous scourge on the timeshare landscape. As the general population slowly becomes more educated and informed via the Internet, these upfront fee parasites will hopefully just shrivel up and disappear for good....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 16, 2009 07:45 AM

Jan 05, 2010

They called me in November. It appears to me that this company is just a sales front for Resorts Condos Management. Once you agree to list your timeshare they send you to the "Verification Department" which is actually Resorts Condos Management (RCM). I suspect this is because RCM has such a bad name already that they have resorted to using other companies to market for them. At the time of this post RCM has 22 complaints in to the Better Business Bureau along with failure to respond to 2 complaints, 8 unresolved complaints, and 9 "serious" complaints. I did not yet sign and return the contract but they have already proceeded to bill my credit card (they said that it would not be charged until I signed and returned the contract). I just left them voice mail to reverse the charge and I have started the credit card dispute process in parallel. The sales people at SVM seem to have no problem lying to potential customers on the phone to make a sale. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB against SVM.

B H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.