Dec 22, 2009

Has anyone ever just walked away from a paid for timeshare? My property is in Mexico and were lied to about income possiblities but obviously now know they are worthless. We will never go back and probably would never go to Mexico again but at this point I am willing to walk away even though it's a lot of money just to make it go away. Lesson learned, wouldn'y buy another timeshare if it got me straight into heaven.

Susan F.
Dec 22, 2009

susanf142 wrote:
Has anyone ever just walked away from a paid for timeshare? My property is in Mexico and were lied to about income possiblities but obviously now know they are worthless. We will never go back and probably would never go to Mexico again but at this point I am willing to walk away even though it's a lot of money just to make it go away. Lesson learned, wouldn'y buy another timeshare if it got me straight into heaven.

Instead of potentially risking dealing with persistent collection agencies, foreclosure and credit problems, why not just GIVE it away?

I personally have no use for Mexico, but if you advertise your timeshare for a dollar, SOMEONE will likely bite. It can't hurt to at least TRY, since you can advertise for free on several sites and for "short" money on numerous others. Just "sticking your head in the sand" is NOT a good idea and it's NOT a solution --- your ownership won't just simply "go away" by your ignoring it (not without potentially serious consequences, anyhow).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 22, 2009 01:53 PM

Dec 23, 2009

Hi thank you for the realty check, I was definitely having a bad time realizing something we paid alot of money for is essentially worthless. I still find it hard to believe that a 5 star resort has to resort to scamming people with slick sleazy salespeople. A resort this nice should sell itself. I know I have to look for ways of getting out and I appreciate your suggestions. I wish I had known about sites like this BEFORE I bought a timeshare and was taken by copnies offering to sell it.

Susan F.
Jan 07, 2010

I don't know how anybody could sell timeshares at a resort for a living and still sleep at night. Undoubtedly one of the lowest forms of life imaginable. I buy my timeshares on the second hand market like ebay and get satisfied results. Good luck

Jeff H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.