Timeshare Companies

Condo-Trader.com

Jan 07, 2010

I wanted to report that I have had a Good Experience with Condo-Trader.com. I had a Vistana timeshare in Orlando, and I listed it with them for sale. I was nervous about listing with a company and paying an upfront fee of $600. The rep was Polite and was familiar with my resort and told me Orlando is a popular area and it should sell in around 90 days. The 90 days didn’t happen but after 6 months they called me with an offer of $6,500 and I countered with $7,500 and finally we agreed upon $7,200.00 and we went into closing. The closing company was Resort Closings inc. closing took another 60 days but now everything is complete and I have my money and no more maintenance fees. I’m glad it’s sold, I never used it.

Cancel account J.
Jan 07, 2010

There is also a separate thread entitled Condo Trader.com with multiple responses. Readers should perhaps review BOTH threads and draw their OWN conclusions. The above claim of "success" is posted (in duplicate) within this same "Timeshare Companies" forum...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 07, 2010 02:31 PM

Jan 08, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
I wanted to report that I have had a Good Experience with Condo-Trader.com. I had a Vistana timeshare in Orlando, and I listed it with them for sale. I was nervous about listing with a company and paying an upfront fee of $600. The rep was Polite and was familiar with my resort and told me Orlando is a popular area and it should sell in around 90 days. The 90 days didn’t happen but after 6 months they called me with an offer of $6,500 and I countered with $7,500 and finally we agreed upon $7,200.00 and we went into closing. The closing company was Resort Closings inc. closing took another 60 days but now everything is complete and I have my money and no more maintenance fees. I’m glad it’s sold, I never used it.

SHILL ALERT !! Why would anyone buy a $7,500 timeshare week when they are giving them away on Ebay for 1 cent to $1. You need to find another job as it's evident you work for the company you are pitifully endorsing .... we're getting the word out on you scammers.

R P.
Jan 18, 2010

jayjay wrote:
heatherj72 wrote:

SHILL ALERT !! Why would anyone buy a $7,500 timeshare week when they are giving them away on Ebay for 1 cent to $1. You need to find another job as it's evident you work for the company you are pitifully endorsing .... we're getting the word out on you scammers.

David C.
Jan 19, 2010

This is NOT A SHILL. MY timeshare really sold, i argued this point with another person on here, and gave them all my recorded deed info for them to check for themselves. Also alot of people dont trust those ebay sales plus i had star options.

Cancel account J.
Jan 20, 2010

heatherj72 wrote:
... i argued this point with another person on here, and gave them all my recorded deed info for them to check for themselves.

...And check he did, promptly discovering and reporting here that the two seller names on the subject deed are actually two non-Anglo names which bear no resemblance whatsover to the name "heather". Let's just say that your "evidence" was both inconclusive and entirely unconvincing. Moreover, if there was an upfront fee company involved in the transaction, that information was not reflected in the deed anyhow. There was "a sale" --- but that certainly doesn't in any way demonstrate or prove that YOU were the owner OR that this upfront fee company found the buyer. For all we know, you could be an EMPLOYEE of Condo-Trader.com, acquiring free advertising here by just tossing their name around via a "personal endorsement".

In any event, there are many free or low cost avenues to sell a timeshare. EBay is not a particularly good choice for a seller (nor anywhere among the least expensive in selling costs either). These days, eBay is mostly a dumping ground for low value timeshares. MyResortNetwork, Bidshares (free), VRBO (free), RedWeek, and Bidshares (free) and Craigslist (free) are ALL better (and cheaper) advertising avenues to sell than is eBay, unless the timeshare is basically worthless to begin with (as some are, unfortunately).

In short, there is NEVER a need to pay ANY upfront fee entity.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 20, 2010 11:56 AM

Feb 20, 2010

What you need to do to legitimize your company is to take your fees after you sell at closing.

R P.
Feb 21, 2010

Ebay is a dumping ground for the "post card companies" to put units that they have just collected big bucks (like $3500.00) to take the timeshare off the Owners Hands. When presenting to the Owners they tell the Owners that their units are worthless and then show them the ebay ads to prove it. They tell them they are going to use their unit in their travel club. Unfortunately the ebay ad they are showing them is the “post card companies" own ad from another Seller that they have collected money from. Since they know who is coming to the meeting they know which ad to show on the screen. Unfortunately this type of sale has destroyed the resale market for the average timeshare seller. When you are dealing with ebay you must prove that you have a license if you are going to handle a timeshare rental but you can sell timeshare without a license. Ebay and the post card companies are a big part of the problem for timeshare resale owners.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Feb 22, 2010

Exactly, postcard companies devalued ALL timeshares with their 1 cent to $1 timeshares on Ebay, even before the recession hit.

R P.
Feb 22, 2010

You have to love the fact that the admins just censored information they knew was factual. I guess when you speak the truth, you get censored. Good luck to everyone selling a timeshare b/c obviously speaking the truth around here gets you kicked off the forums and your posts deleted.

Relieved T.
Feb 22, 2010

relievedt2 wrote:
You have to love the fact that the admins just censored information they knew was factual. I guess when you speak the truth, you get censored. Good luck to everyone selling a timeshare b/c obviously speaking the truth around here gets you kicked off the forums and your posts deleted.

Why don't you register with a real name and valid email address? I removed your postings and the account since the email address wasn't any good.

I'm always suspicious of someone new registers on RedWeek without a real name or valid email address and posts numerous messages saying that some company is so great. That's not censorship, that's keeping postings off the board that don't add any value.

Marty F
Feb 23, 2010

Also, you're obviously with condotrader.com ..... you're posting as a shill and also advertising your company (that's not allowed in the forums).

R P.
Feb 24, 2010

I received an email that this topic had some new responses, I understand because of all the scams out there a lot of people have been burned and are now very negative about timeshare and resale companies, and I can understand that, because there are a lot of shady companies out there. I only added my statement to prove that mine was sold through a company that I am happy with. If others have a different opinion that is ok, but the fact that I took time out of my day to answer questions and then to be called a "shill" or liar is just inappropriate. Also there is no need to anyone to question my screen as heather, it’s my middle name and my user name is my preference. There is no need to argue on this forum, it’s for information. I shared information and should not be bashed for it. I do NOT work for Condo-Trader, and I am not telling everyone to run out and call them. Of course you should always do your home work.

Cancel account J.
Feb 25, 2010

Upfront fee companies give all others a bad name .... what they can do to remedy this is to charge a fee after they sell at closing .... that would legitimize the company.

R P.
Feb 25, 2010

Also, heather, this must have occurred some time ago as timeshares are not selling in this economy unless someone is interested in one being given away or the $1 timeshares on Ebay.

R P.
Feb 25, 2010

marty8084 wrote:
relievedt2 wrote:

Why don't you register with a real name and valid email address? I removed your postings and the account since the email address wasn't any good.

I'm always suspicious of someone new registers on RedWeek without a real name or valid email address and posts numerous messages saying that some company is so great. That's not censorship, that's keeping postings off the board that don't add any value.

No that's censorship and you know it. I dont need to tell anyone my name and I wasnt aware that you had to sign up with a certain email account. If i want to use the email address i signed up with, thats my choice otherwise its IS CENSORSHIP period.

Second of all, the posts i made about this topic and 10 other topics about resale companies is providing information about those companies byh giving direct link to BBB reports...that's NOT promoting a company..its called ASSISTING someone in doing their research and showing them the company they asked about is a ripoff. isnt that the supposed claim that all resale companies are ripoffs?

Relieved T.
Feb 26, 2010

Redweek is a privately owned company .... they have the right to censor anything on the forums they wish .... it's not a public entity.

If a company charges an upfront fee for doing nothng, then they're scams period, including Condo Trader ..... and you'd better be looking around for another job because attorneys general are being contacted by those that have been scammed and class action lawsuits are in the works.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 26, 2010 01:08 PM

Feb 26, 2010

Quote:
Second of all, the posts i made about this topic and 10 other topics about resale companies is providing information about those companies byh giving direct link to BBB reports...that's NOT promoting a company..its called ASSISTING someone in doing their research and showing them the company they asked about is a ripoff. isnt that the supposed claim that all resale companies are ripoffs?

A BBB rating means absolutely nothing .... what you were trying to do is advertise your company in Redweek's forums and that's against their rules.

R P.
Mar 01, 2010

In response to the earlier question of how long ago my timeshare sold, its closed Dec 2009. Alot of people have mentioned timeshares can be bought for $1.00 on ebay but mine was at the new vistana villages, not vistana resort. Also, I had 81,000 star options which can be used ay any Starwood, and my buyer was intrested because of that reason and already had ownership at that resort and wanted more.

Cancel account J.

Last edited by heatherj72 on Mar 01, 2010 07:44 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.