Timeshare Companies

Anyone heard of or dealt with US Vacation?

Jan 18, 2010

Anyone have any scoop on US Vacation? They claim to be totally different than the scam companies and claim to be approved by the US Department of Agriculture secretary?

James M.
Jan 18, 2010

jamesm562 wrote:
Anyone have any scoop on US Vacation? They claim to be totally different than the scam companies and claim to be approved by the US Department of Agriculture secretary?

If they charge an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars then they're scammers like all other upfront fee resale companies, and ask yourself why the US Dept. of Ag would be approving a timeshare resale company.

R P.
Feb 20, 2010

jamesm562 wrote:

http://www.usvacation.org/

Ripoff company.

http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/us-vacations-in-largo-fl-44001847

This business is not a BBB Accredited Business (means BBB says stay away)

Based on BBB files, US Vacations has a BBB Rating of D on a scale from A+ to F (AGAIN, STAY AWAY)

Reasons for this rating include:

* 72 complaints filed against business * One serious complaint filed against business.

Additional Locations and Phone Numbers Additional Phone Numbers Tel: (727) 571-4298

Additional Web Addresses www.usvacation.net

You do business with them, its YOUR own fault

Relieved T.
Feb 25, 2010

so providing a link to the BBB showing this company is a ripoff was deleted why??????????

Censorship....

Relieved T.
Feb 26, 2010

Redweek is a privately owned business .... they can censor anything they wish as they are not a public entity .... also you were trying to promote your business on Redweek's forums and that's no allowed.

R P.
Aug 03, 2010

Total rip-off! I paid their fees five years agoand, guess what?, never heard from them again. I just went to the FL AG website and filed a complaint- hope I'm not too late!

Tami S.
Aug 06, 2010

jamesm562 wrote:
An interesting (and, I must admit, very amusing) phony claim. Timeshares are not federally regulated or under federal jurisdiction in any way, shape or form. If they were, it most certainly wouldn't be by the USDA. That claim, although quite humorous, is simply absurd.

In regard to the toothless BBB, any commercial entity whose membership check clears can belong, so don't put too much stock in either BBB membership or status therewith. It doesn't mean much.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 06, 2010 12:37 PM

Aug 02, 2012

would like to rent our timeshare if possible.

Mark T.
Aug 02, 2012

Try calling your home resort and ask if they have a rental program. I rent mine out that way when I'm not using it. They charge a considerable fee but it offsets the maintenance fees. It's safe because you are dealing with your home resort and don't have to worry about being scammed.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 02, 2012 09:20 AM

Aug 02, 2012

markt385 wrote:
would like to rent our timeshare if possible.

Have you tried advertising here on RedWeek or other reputable rental sites such as Timeshare Users Group, E-Bay, Craigslist, etc.?

Make sure you price it competitively and realistically. And, of course, do not pay anyone a large fee upfront to rent out your timeshare.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.