Mar 05, 2010

I've been contacted by a firm which says they have a buyer for my Mexican timeshare. They say a larger Mexican firm is buying as many contracts from my resort as possible in order to market it to the national Mexican market. "It's cheaper for them to buy people out than to build a new resort."

They are talking pretty good numbers, and are making it sound like a done deal. When I asked them if there are any fees for their services, they said that I'll have to lay out the closing costs, approximately $1,500. Then, in a month or so, when the deal closes, the buyer will refund these closing costs.

Does anyone know if the seller ever pays for closing costs in this manner? Is this everyday procedure?

I'm giving the contract to my lawyer this week, and of course haven't done anything yet.

Has anyone heard of anything like this- a large company coming around and buying out an entire resort of time share owners?

I'd really appreciate any info on this topic...thanks in advance...

Jon S.
Mar 05, 2010

Bottom line, if they charge an upfront fee then they're a scam .... they'll tell all kind of lies for that upfront fee including that someone or some company wants to buy your timeshare .... all they want is the upfront fee and then you'll never hear from them again or they'll tell you that the buyer or the company backed out or couldn't get financing but they keep the $1500 .... if it sounds to good to be true then 99.9% of the time, it is.

R P.
Mar 05, 2010

The buyer normally pays closing costs.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.