Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

global resort management

Mar 11, 2010

i reckon i have been scammed by this lot www.globalresortmgmt.com as i have heard nothing despite emails for information / progress reports etc the only thing i have heard was an email telling me my marketing period was due to expire and i had only 1 day to remarket it. any experiences similar to me? rogerm

Roger M.
Mar 11, 2010

If they asked for an upfront fee, then they were a scam from the beginning .... surely you're not going to re-up with them ... all they want is your upfront fee and then you'll never hear from them again.

R P.
Mar 12, 2010

thanks for your reply, no chance of re up just wanted info as to this company and with reporting them to the attorney general thanks

Roger M.
Mar 12, 2010

rogerm157 wrote:
thanks for your reply, no chance of re up just wanted info as to this company and with reporting them to the attorney general thanks

You could also file a class action lawsuit against them .... see my thread on that subject.

R P.
Oct 06, 2010

Hello I was wondering if you had done anything about the class action against Global Resort Management. They too scammed us and promised us the world. They said that they advertised for the sell of our timeshare at tradeshows and Convention Centers. So I asked them to tell me when the next one was and where. They did, and I called the Orange Convention Center in Orlando for this coming week when they said they were having one and the result was negative. They had 2 conventions planned for the coming week and none of them had anything to do with reselling timeshares. I have asked GRM for a refund and I am waiting for some manager to call me back. I would like to know if there is anything that can be done against these Floridian companies. I am so sick and tired of them scamming people and getting away with it. It is just not right and we should have the law on our side for that matter.

Veronike U.
Oct 06, 2010

veronike1 wrote:
Hello I was wondering if you had done anything about the class action against Global Resort Management. They too scammed us and promised us the world. They said that they advertised for the sell of our timeshare at tradeshows and Convention Centers. So I asked them to tell me when the next one was and where. They did, and I called the Orange Convention Center in Orlando for this coming week when they said they were having one and the result was negative. They had 2 conventions planned for the coming week and none of them had anything to do with reselling timeshares. I have asked GRM for a refund and I am waiting for some manager to call me back. I would like to know if there is anything that can be done against these Floridian companies. I am so sick and tired of them scamming people and getting away with it. It is just not right and we should have the law on our side for that matter.

Report then to the Florida Attorney General. This can easily be done on-line. The FL A-G has an active investigation going against GRM (as well as other upfront fee scammers). The more reports and complaints filed, the more the state A-Gs will take action.

Lance C.
Dec 14, 2010

I understand how you must feel. Did you ever consider going after the company to get your money back? Lots of people feel that way, and that's why the company I work with created an advocacy package mustgetjustice . com This step-by-step package was developed in cooperation with a law firm and helps you contact and collect upfront fees from non-performing, misleading timeshare resellers. It is important that you work with a company that has a good Better Business Bureau rating and is a member of ARDA (American Resort Development Association).

Lynn S.
Dec 15, 2010

lynns280 wrote:
It is important that you work with a company that has a good Better Business Bureau rating and is a member of ARDA (American Resort Development Association).
With all due respect, BBB and ARDA are both just "paid membership" organizations which virtually ANY entity can join if they are simply willing to pay the required membership fees. There is no "respectability" inherent to (or achieved by) membership in either organization. In addition, neither one has any legal authority of any kind whatsoever.

Much better advice would have been "it's important that you work ONLY with a licensed timeshare resale broker charging NO upfront fee and which works ONLY on commission from an actual SALE". No sale, no money --- period, amen.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 15, 2010 08:19 AM

Dec 15, 2010

lynns280 wrote:
I understand how you must feel. Did you ever consider going after the company to get your money back? Lots of people feel that way, and that's why the company I work with created an advocacy package mustgetjustice . com This step-by-step package was developed in cooperation with a law firm and helps you contact and collect upfront fees from non-performing, misleading timeshare resellers. It is important that you work with a company that has a good Better Business Bureau rating and is a member of ARDA (American Resort Development Association).

Do you charge an upfront fee ????

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.