Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone heard of( sellmytimesharenow)

May 11, 2010

Pls help, my name is Liliya I am a new member here I am looking to sell my timeshare and found a company their website www.sellmytimsharenow.com maybe someone deal with them or heard of them before I am doing research on them now. Thank you I'll appreciate if anyone knows.

Liliya M.
May 12, 2010

The short answer is just stay away from them and don't throw good money away. They will NOT sell your timeshare and you will have to pay them a fee upfront to NOT sell your timeshare. Enough said.

Your best bet, although it may not be the answer you want to hear, is to undertake the effort to advertise and sell your timeshare YOURSELF, which takes a minimum of time, expense and effort. Use RedWeek, MyResortNetwork (reasonable fees to advertise on these two sites) or Bidshare (free, but less effective). I do not recommend using eBay or Craigslist however, unless you are ready and willing to deal with really "low ball" offers and various assorted scammers and spammers.

Unfortunately, unless your week is in a desirable location and season, you may actually discover that your week has little or no market value in this economy. There are more than a thousand timeshares advertised on eBay every single day, many of which can be bought for a dollar or less --- and STILL there are no bids at all on many of them. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 12, 2010 06:13 AM

May 12, 2010

Thank you, I was thinking to sell on my own firs, but I never done that before and I don't know what the proses is. I know there needs to be Tital or Closing company involved I don't know if you or anyone else know the proses to do so. Or can recommend website I can find out details about. Thanks

Liliya M.
May 13, 2010

liliyam3 wrote:
Thank you, I was thinking to sell on my own firs, but I never done that before and I don't know what the proses is. I know there needs to be Tital or Closing company involved I don't know if you or anyone else know the proses to do so. Or can recommend website I can find out details about. Thanks

1. First and foremost, you need to construct and place your own ads on each individual site you choose, providing a full and accurate description (resort, week, unit, amenities, etc.) and of course your asking price. You don't need to worry about a closing company at all until you actually have a willing BUYER.

2. Generally speaking, the BUYER chooses the closing company (unless you want to pay the closing costs yourself as the seller in order to "sweeten the deal"). Timeshare Transfer (Vero Beach, FL) and /or JRA Closing Services (Sunrise, FL) are both honest and competent and charge a fee of around $300. You can easily find either one via the Internet. There are many other closing companies out there, but most charge more, despite being considerably less competent. I have successfully used both TT and JRA many times, as both buyer and seller. (For the record, I have NO affiliation with either one --- I am merely reporting my personal experience and my own customer satisfaction). A closing company will handle deed preparation and recording, escrow of funds, and resort notification, but finding a buyer FIRST is solely up to YOU. Independent closing companies do not buy or sell or advertise timeshares; they merely handle and perform the legal procedures involved in the transfer of ownership once a buyer and seller have ALREADY agreed to terms on their own.

3. To repeat once again however, you must be realistic in your expectations (and in your asking price). Unless the week you want to sell is at a desirable facility in a desirable location and a season with at least SOME demand, you might very well have to GIVE it away AND pay the closing costs, just to part with the ownership in this current economy. Timeshare weeks of low demand are offered every day of the week on eBay, a thousand or more listed per day, for a penny to a dollar --- with NO takers. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 13, 2010 03:40 AM

May 13, 2010

Thank you so much it was very helpful!

Liliya M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.