Travel Tips & Advice

Travel Insurance

Aug 04, 2010

Has anyone ever used Vacation Guard to insure a fixed home resort week? Also, anyone used a travel insurance company when they rented a timeshare privately? If so, which one and how does it work? Thanks!

MaryAnn P.
Aug 06, 2010

maryannp12 wrote:
Has anyone ever used Vacation Guard to insure a fixed home resort week? Also, anyone used a travel insurance company when they rented a timeshare privately? If so, which one and how does it work? Thanks!

Why don't you contact the different travel insurance agencies with your question .... you can contact www.travelguard.com online.

R P.
Aug 06, 2010

Because the reps give misinformation and leave out stuff in the fine print, that's why. I have called them and am contiuing to check their websites for info. I was just hoping someone in the forum had actual experience with using the companies.

MaryAnn P.
Aug 07, 2010

maryannp12 wrote:
Because the reps give misinformation and leave out stuff in the fine print, that's why. I have called them and am contiuing to check their websites for info. I was just hoping someone in the forum had actual experience with using the companies.

You might ask if they insure timeshare rentals from individual owners .... I'm not sure all vacation insurance companies insure timeshare rentals ... it should be a simple yes or no.

I used travelguard.com when a NYC tour was cancelled for lack of signees ... travelguard came through and I got my insurance fee back, but I've never tried to insure a timeshare rental or any other vacation rental.

R P.
Nov 22, 2010

I've used Vacationguard for years and they are fine. I've buy their annual timeshare plan for my ownership use, because regular travel insurance does not cover owners, so you need a specialized policy. And, I've used them for rental insurance for vacation condos and homes. Their rental insurance proved to be 1/2 the cost of the insurance the rental company was offering, while giving us better coverage. Their plans prove affordable, simple to buy, and don't rate by age. It's all we buy now.

Debbie R.
Nov 22, 2010

Found out they do not insure timeshares to residents of NY state.

MaryAnn P.
Nov 22, 2010

actually, you can get it via a link at TSToday http://www.tstoday.com (See industry links), which allows you to do so in every state, plus get a discount too, as that's where I got mine. If you've never been to that site, it shoudl work, and it doesn't require a membership number when I enroll for the timeshare plan...on the other, i just buy the rental one on line, as am not in NY.

Debbie R.
Dec 29, 2012

thank

Adam T.

Last edited by adamt51 on Dec 29, 2012 02:23 AM

Dec 31, 2012

Travel insurance is an insurance coverage that has been specially created to cover medical expenses, financial risks faced by travel suppliers, and other losses that might incur while traveling, either within one's own country, or internationally. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover single trip or multi trips. A "multi-trip" policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame.

Adam T.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 31, 2012 09:43 AM

Dec 31, 2012

OK. Thanks everyone. I am going to give them a try this year for my two home resort weeks.

MaryAnn P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.